The Princess of Orange, Princesses Alexia and Ariane, News Part 1 (May 2013-Jan 2019)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I like how she is sitting like a little lady. She's cute. She seems to be her own person while Amalia and Alexia are buddies.

Thanks for the pics. :flowers:

Forgive my ignorance but who is the royal dog seen in the pic?

No offence but do Maxima and WA know what individuality means? Their matching outfits were cute, when Catharina was 5-6.

They look adorable, i can honestly say that Amalia and Alexia look so much alike, i used to confuse them at times.

Not ofense but isn't Amalia a little heavy-chubby?for her age?
I LOove the photos and the girls dressing the same, and the colours are beautiful!!!, shoes , everything I like in this photos1

I LOove the photos and the girls dressing the same, and the colours are beautiful!!!, shoes , everything I like in this photos1

I'm sure that Amalia's chubbiness will go away as she gets older. I always thought that her chubby face was adorable.

No offence but do Maxima and WA know what individuality means? Their matching outfits were cute, when Catharina was 5-6.

I hate matching outfits, even on twins! They aren't ever dressed the same when it's not a public event to be fair, but I do hate the matchy matchy.

I think they do dress them alike for formal occasions. It´s a question of balance for the photos. In other occasions they are not dressed alike. I think they looked lovely in their matching dresses. It´s an usual custum in royal families.

Good grief, the girls are way too old to be dressed alike. They're all adorable though.

I doubt it's anything else than puppy fat or merely her being strong built. I can, however, safely say that hearing unnecessary comments like that from such an early age do nothing good for your self-esteem.

Last edited:

Like what Duchess Marie said, I am sure it will go away as she gets older. Also, I hope Amalia won't go though what Crown Princess Victoria went through when it came to weight issues and criticism from the media. We all know how that went for her. I also hope other female royal children won't go through that as well.

Like what Duchess Marie said, I am sure it will go away as she gets older. Also, I hope Amalia won't go though what Crown Princess Victoria went through when it came to weight issues and criticism from the media. We all know how that went for her. I also hope other female royal children won't go through that as well.
Like father like daughter, both have a similar build. Despite his size the king is very athletic and trains whenever his schedule allows; princess Amalia will follow his example, so no more talk of chubbiness please:flowers::cool::bang:

P.S. How odd that little Amalia and the Prince of Wales now have something in common! :whistling:

I find it's really interesting that Amalia has the same title with prince Charles : now they both are crown prince/princess :):). I love Amalia, she's one of my fave royal children

I'm sure that Amalia's chubbiness will go away as she gets older. I always thought that her chubby face was adorable.

IMO I think her chubbiness makes her looks more adorable :flowers::flowers:

She's not even ten, and the criticism of her figure is already in progress :bang:. Not everyone can be stick-thin, and that's that. I hope Amalia knows that she's a beautiful girl, just the way she is. There's no need to give her self-esteem issues.

I've heard it said over the years, and found it to be fairly accurate - if you want to know what a girl will look like when she becomes a woman, look at her mother. From personal experience I find this is true 9 out of 10 times. So Amalia has nothing to worry about!

Amalia turned 10 years old today, are there any new pictures? They did release some when she turned 5 years old.

Double post....

Last edited:
Amalia turned 10 years old today, are there any new pictures? They did release some when she turned 5 years old.

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any. :flowers: I've checked the Royal Court's official website and this is the only article I could find on Amalia's birthday:

Verjaardag van de Prinses van Oranje - Het Koninklijk Huis

The Dutch Royals tend to release photos on a fairly regular basis, and Amalia is the heiress apparent, so I'm surprised that none have been released. 10 is quite a "big" birthday as well (the first year Amalia will have two digits in her age). I was expecting at least one or two.

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any. :flowers: I've checked the Royal Court's official website and this is the only article I could find on Amalia's birthday:

Verjaardag van de Prinses van Oranje - Het Koninklijk Huis

The Dutch Royals tend to release photos on a fairly regular basis, and Amalia is the heiress apparent, so I'm surprised that none have been released. 10 is quite a "big" birthday as well (the first year Amalia will have two digits in her age). I was expecting at least one or two.

They might release a picture during the week. I tend to find that royal houses don't update their websites during the weekend. Yes 10 is a big number and it would be a shame if there was no picture released.

I wouldn't put my money on a new set of photos, the birthday was already celebrated last friday with a special concert at which 50 kids from her school also attended and other than that the birthday celebrations are private..
Apart from the official photo-ops of the entire family the King and Queen are very protective of their kids with regards to the media... (a lot of my not-so-royal-minded friends and colleagues would have a hard time telling the 3A's apart ;) )

On the occasion of Alexia turning nine, here is a gallery of Alexia, from Royalista: Happy Birthday Princess Alexia | Royalista

What do we know about the girls?
What's their personalities?
Who's the bubbly one? Who's the shy one? Who's the sensible one? Who's the showgirl? You know.

RVD wint rechtszaak tegen Nieuwe Revu om foto's Amalia | nu.nl/algemeen | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl
Courtcase of Netherlands Government Information Service (RVD) against magazine "Nieuwe Revu" which published photos of P.Amalia made on a non-official occassion (playing fieldhockey), has been won by the RVD.
This is in line with the mediacode in the NL to protect the privacy of the royal family.
King and Queen are said to be pleased by the result, P.Amalia was granted 1000 euro as compensation which will be given to charity.
"Nieuwe Revu" states that the mediacode is too strict, but their argument was not followed by the court.

Also today was announced that the next official photo-event of the familiy will be quite soon http://weblogs.nos.nl/evenementen/2014/06/30/de-beschermde-jeugd-van-amalia/ this will be the event where media *is* allowed to make photos of the princesses

Last edited:
On the occasion of Alexia turning nine, here is a gallery of Alexia, from Royalista: Happy Birthday Princess Alexia | Royalista

What do we know about the girls?
What's their personalities?
Who's the bubbly one? Who's the shy one? Who's the sensible one? Who's the showgirl? You know.

Their parents have chosen to be very protective of the privacy of all three daughters.
Afaik, things like you mention above are not publicly known; only known is what is officially published on the royal website..

[...]
"Nieuwe Revu" states that the mediacode is too strict, but their argument was not followed by the court.[...]

The weekly defended the publication of the pictures with the argument "the public has the right to know everything about their future head of state". The Court of Justice swiped that argument off the table stating that also public persons have a basic human right on having a private live sphere and added that it was about a child. Furthermore the Court of Justice added that Princess Amalia has the right to feel unspied on during the exercise of her private hobby, which is playing field hockey. This is a total different circumstance than during the celebrations of King's Day.

The Court of Justice added that anyone was free to fight the Media Code but that here it was about the right on having a private life sphere versus the Freedom of Expression and the Media Code does not play a role in this: "The publication of a photo which is an unlawful infringement of the private life sphere does not become lawful by starting a discussion about the existence of a Media Code".

Would one of our Dutch posters know if the AAA team will be greeting Sinterklass this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom