The Prince of Orange, Current Events 2 (April 2007 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the info you posted, Lucien. You worked a great deal to follow or beloved Prince of Orange currents evens these last days. THANK YOU AGAIN!! :flowers:

Vanesa.

Alexander attended the 200th holiday week organised by the Johanniter Order,Ommen.
ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages/Eric Bronkhorst.

I was hoping he would wear a cape or something, but I suppose they only do that for more formal occassions. I actually don't recall that I ever saw him with the cape belonging to this order. Are all members of the RF also members of the order or just Beatrix and Willem-Alexander?

I was hoping he would wear a cape or something, but I suppose they only do that for more formal occassions. I actually don't recall that I ever saw him with the cape belonging to this order. Are all members of the RF also members of the order or just Beatrix and Willem-Alexander?

HM is Honorary Commander of the Order in The Netherlands,i recall pictures of her installation as a member of the Order.Queen Juliana also was Honorary Commander while Prince Bernhard was a Commander IIRC.I don't think other members of the RF are also members of the Johanniter Order.

So the crownprince isn't a member at all? Any reason why both ladies were honairy members and not commanders etc? Or just a coinsidence. What is it that the Johaniter order does anyway?

So the crownprince isn't a member at all? Any reason why both ladies were honairy members and not commanders etc? Or just a coinsidence. What is it that the Johaniter order does anyway?

Oh yes he is a Knight,Rechtsridder,of the Order.

The order,of protestant denomination,has 600 members and derives from the Knightly Order of the Hospital of St.John,founded almost a thousand years ago.The Order has over 3000 volunteers who work in hospitals and hospices.

The Order helps people that face difficulties in their lives,senior citizens,the sick,the homeless,addicts.They also support care and health institutions.

Since 1957 they organise (5 annually now) holiday weeks for 24 sick and needy,aged 50 - 90,with a one on one volunteer.A new activity are the holiday weekends for youngsters with a handicap,with volunteers in the matching age.All in all wonderfull work.

The Order is governed by the Kapittel,untill his death HRH Prince Bernhard was Commander of the Johanniter Oreder in The Netherlands.
Het Koninklijk Huis

He is member of two of these religious orders

On October 1995 His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange became a member of The Most Illustrious and Most Noble Brotherhood of Our Sweet Lady (the Brothers of the Swan) in 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc), established in 1318. See article. However Catholic, it does accept a limited number of Protestant noblemen inside their Brotherhood.

On June 8th 1996 His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange was created Knight Companion to The Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem. The investiture was performed by his grandfather, His Royal Highness Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, Prince of Lippe-Biesterfeld. See article.

Especially the Brotherhood of Our Sweet Lady has a splendid housing in 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc), called Het Zwanenbroedershuis.

Last edited:
On October 1995 His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange became a member of The Most Illustrious and Most Noble Brotherhood of Our Sweet Lady (the Brothers of the Swan) in 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc), established in 1318. See article. However Catholic, it does accept a limited number of Protestant noblemen inside their Brotherhood.

On June 8th 1996 His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange was created Knight Companion to The Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem. The investiture was performed by his grandfather, His Royal Highness Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, Prince of Lippe-Biesterfeld. See article.

Especially the Brotherhood of Our Lady has a splendid housing in 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc), called Het Zwanenbroedershuis. Here is a picture of the board room, the arms of the nobles are embroidered in the seats.

Ah yes Henri,thank you for that.I recall the Investature in Bois le Duc of,then,Crown Princess Beatrix by her father.

I walked past the Nieuwe Kerk here in Amsterdam yesterday and there was a lot of police, an ambulance, an AA-limosine, fences etc. So I was wondering what went on.

After checking AT5 teletekst I noticed that the Prince of Orange attended a reception there commemorating one of our national heroes, Michiel de Ruyter (most known for the Battle of Midway where he destroyed much of the English navy). Bestevaer celebrated his 400th birthday yesterday. Outside was a group of protesters who were angry about this ' glorification of our colonial past' .

the 17th century Dutch were glorius......:flowers:

I walked past the Nieuwe Kerk here in Amsterdam yesterday and there was a lot of police, an ambulance, an AA-limosine, fences etc. So I was wondering what went on.

After checking AT5 teletekst I noticed that the Prince of Orange attended a reception there commemorating one of our national heroes, Michiel de Ruyter (most known for the Battle of Midway where he destroyed much of the English navy). Bestevaer celebrated his 400th birthday yesterday. Outside was a group of protesters who were angry about this ' glorification of our colonial past' .

07-11-2007 Amsterdam Prince Willem Alexander attended the Admiraalslezing by prof. Dr. Paul Kennedy, Director International Strategic Studies at the Yale University, in the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam organized by the Royal Navy and the Foundation 400 year Michiel de Ruyter.

ppe picture gallery

I think that it is well and good that he is celebrating the past. Were it not for the past we would certainly none of us be where we are today. And personally I have to say that I think other countries have had much more bloody pasts that the Dutch could be accused of having.

And why on earth protest a celebration of something that brought you to the point where you are today? It seems a bit silly, but they wouldn't have been allowed the right to protest had people not gone before them and cleared the way so to speak. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

I think that it is well and good that he is celebrating the past. Were it not for the past we would certainly none of us be where we are today. And personally I have to say that I think other countries have had much more bloody pasts that the Dutch could be accused of having.

And why on earth protest a celebration of something that brought you to the point where you are today? It seems a bit silly, but they wouldn't have been allowed the right to protest had people not gone before them and cleared the way so to speak. A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me.

Hear hear hear!!Well said.

Busy schedule for HRH,Bogota,Colombia this weekend where he will attend and speech in his capacity of Chair of UNSGAB,
HRH will also attend a meeting at the UN-Headquarters,New York City later this month.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid-23552

Well, I will be in NYC looking at the blowing up of the Macys day parade balloons. I wonder if his speech is open to the public? Somehow I doubt it though.

On another note, it is nice to see that he is taking so much interest in such a problem. I wish that some other notable persons would also find such global problems to tackle. The Dutch CPs seem to be able to find a nice balance between what they do locally and for their own people while still finding time to address other issues of a more global nature.

28-11-2007 Papendal Prince Willem Alexander attended the opening of the Sport & Innovation Centre Papendal in Arnhem.
The new centre is set up by the NOC*NSF.

PPE Agency

Willem Alexander is featured in this week's Gente magazine (from Argentina), regarding his recent visit to Colombia:

Ricos & Famosos - Gente Online

It is interesting that he's featured alone, with no further reference to his argentinian wife...I believe Máxima is always mentioned in some way, whenever he appears in the local media...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom