The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if she is a lesbian or not, but I am sure that some of the Dutch media, including the NOS (state channel) labelled her as such.

there is a difference, the dinners are held at their own home, it is an honor to be invited, it is private and personal.
The visit to the COC building is official and not intimate as the dinnerinvitations.
Marengo if two women live together can it not be for the company, in other words are you sure of the "condition" as verde esmiralda calls it.

Dear Susan Alicia,

I understand the difference between the private dinners and the visit to the COC, what I meant is that it is clear that through different methods, the princely couple is willing to show themselves as open and prone to dialogue with diverse spheres, taking into account that they will be monarchs in (a possibly near) future.

As for the term "condition" that I chose is concerned, it is a mere translation of Spanish (we do use the term "condición sexual" - sexual condition) when speaking of these matters, and it is considered to be neutral. That's why.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think that the average gay person (and I know I'm stating an assumption) is generally attached to The Queen and the royal family. I'm sure that The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima will find a warm and a cordial welcome in the COC headquarters. When you visit gay bars, restaurants or shops which attract a gay clientèle, you often see portraits of The Queen in the etablissement.

But the same can be said for many non-gay shops as well. Especially in Amsterdam and The Hague you will find a portrait of The Queen hanging in a shop. Usually of the better segment (Focke & Meltzer, Bonnetterie, Slot Couture, Bonebakker Jewellers, etc.)

A visit by Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima is also a strong sign to the outside world, including certain (ethnic and religious) groups in the Netherlands, of an outspoken support to gay rights by the future King.

Last edited:
German TV Channel ZDF wil air next Tuesday 25 July, a documentary about Willem Alexander and Maxima.
This is part of a 6 part documentary called " Die Königskinder".
More information on ZDF.de - Die Königskinder

Can we see the interview after it has been aired? I checked and there were some people already doing commentaries on them although I didn't understand what they were making the comments about.

I don't know, but so far you can see some videoclips with "interviews" to some people (Hans van den Bergh, Avi Primor, etc) which seem to be commenting on the subject. One of them is speaking in Dutch, though the audio is in German of course.
Click on "interaktiv interviews" for this.

Can we see the interview after it has been aired? I checked and there were some people already doing commentaries on them although I didn't understand what they were making the comments about.

But ofcourse,just wait till after it's aired tuesday evening,then follow the link provided by Rockon-210 above.
:)

I don't know, but so far you can see some videoclips with "interviews" to some people (Hans van den Bergh, Avi Primor, etc) which seem to be commenting on the subject. One of them is speaking in Dutch, though the audio is in German of course.
Click on "interaktiv interviews" for this.

There is just a little mistake at the side:
When you want to hear the part about the future kind of kingship (answered by Avi Primor) you hear the same part of the interview like the responding to the question about the relationship of Alex and Maxima:flowers:

What kinds of questions were asked to the interviewers? Could someone translate some of it?

Hans van den Bergh (republican)

You are an adversary of the monarchy. Which arguments militate against the monarchy?

He said it has nothing to do with the people of the Royal House. The Problem is the principle of subject or hierarchy. It is a result of the middle age and include that there is a sovereign deploying by God and all others are depend on him. It is undemocratically. And they (the Republicans) want to change it and make it more democratically like the elections of the mayors.

How would you evaluate the work of the Royal Family?

Van den Bergh accepted that Queen Beatrix makes a wonderful job, but he criticized her enormous influence in the formation of the government.

Which power should the Queen have?

No Power like in Sweden. She should cut ribbons, spread out medals and awards, but nothing else. “The less power she has, the merrier it is.”

How do you judge about the social work of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

They look very involved with social things, like water management and micro credits. But it is just for the PR. It comes from other people, who say that they must do it. In reality they give much less attention to such things. It is just for the show.

Didn’t raise the popularity of the Royal House mainly because of Maxima?

He would say yes, but the most people have a sentimental preference for babies. The girls look very cute, also Maxima looks nice, but it has nothing to do with the principles of the system. If somebody is popular that doesn’t mean that the bigger part of the nation supporting the system. But if the Netherlands become a republic, the Royal House would be allowed to stay.

Which point of view do you have, when you think about the political past of Maxima’s father?

At the one hand you can say, that she is innocent, but at the other hand she raised up in a family with a questionable opinion about democracy. And these are bad premises for the future Queen of the Netherlands.

Reinildis van Ditzhuyzen (historican)

Where did the prince and Maxima meet each other?

They met at a party in Seville and it was love at the third sign (Alexander said). He was very angry because there was a girl, which took photos of him. But after a while she asked him, if she could do this. And so the relationship started.

Did Beatrix has any imaginations about the future wife of the crown prince?

Beatrix had an idea about the monarchy and also about a good crown princess. She preferred a foreigner, because there would be fewer friends in the Netherlands, who would talk about the past of the woman. She wanted someone, who is able to deal with this demanding job. And she favoured somebody of the upper class, because these girls “know to behave”.

What kind of person is Maxima?

She is a very natural person, genuine, authentic, open, informal, charming and open. You can just speak in superlatives. She is a natural in every circles whether upper class or lower classes.

How did the Netherlands responsive to the engagement of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

It was a mood of crisis, because nobody know, if Alexander would give up his right to the throne and choose his great love.

Is Willem-Alexander prepared for his function as head of state?

He is very well prepared for this function. If something would happen today he could accept this office. He is very promising.

Avi Primor (best friend of the late prince Claus)

What kind of person is Willem-Alexander?

He is very pleasant like his two brothers. But they are more reserved. All three are very intellectual and friendly. Alexander is very open and give the feeling, that you always feel comfortable in his present.

Did Queen Beatrix had any influence of the decision of her son?

No, he was very independent in his decision. He is very sporty and have many friends and in these circles he also had many girlfriends. And he was like every other boy. Not every time the parents knew his girlfriends. Sometimes they didn’t know why. It was very normal.

How did Beatrix and Claus react, when they found out about the past of Maxima’s father?

They made the difference between the family in Argentina and Maxima. They saw Maxima as the person she was: worthy and able to fulfill the duty. And they saw how much in love they were. That was one of the main arguments. The person Maxima was important, not the past of her father. They thought a lot about it.

How was the relationship between Claus and Maxima?

He was the first who understood her. Claus invited him to a dinner with Maxima around 2000/ 2001. And he didn’t know who the person was, but she impressed him. She was nice and had an enormous charisma. And Claus asked him, what he thought about her. Claus would know if his personal impression was really a personal or if other also thought the same about her. He really understood and supported her.

How would you describe the relationship of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

They are still very much in love. You also see it when they are with the kids and that reminds him of Alexander’s parents, who also were so much in love. It is not artificial. It is genuine.:wub:

I hope you understand it and I hope I didn't do to much mistakes. If I did, I'm sorry.:flowers:

Last edited:
everything is says sounds perfectly logical and not unsympathetic

You are an adversary of the monarchy. Which arguments militate against the monarchy?

He said it has nothing to do with the people of the Royal House. The Problem is the principle of subject or hierarchy. It is a result of the middle age and include that there is a sovereign deploying by God and all others are depend on him. It is undemocratically. And they (the Republicans) want to change it and make it more democratically like the elections of the mayors.

Van den Bergh accepted that Queen Beatrix makes a wonderful job, but he criticized her enormous influence in the formation of the government.

No Power like in Sweden. She should cut ribbons, spread out medals and awards, but nothing else. “The less power she has, the merrier it is.”

They look very involved with social things, like water management and micro credits. But it is just for the PR. It comes from other people, who say that they must do it. In reality they give much less attention to such things. It is just for the show.

He would say yes, but the most people have a sentimental preference for babies. The girls look very cute, also Maxima looks nice, but it has nothing to do with the principles of the system. If somebody is popular that doesn’t mean that the bigger part of the nation supporting the system. But if the Netherlands become a republic, the Royal House would be allowed to stay.

Which point of view do you have, when you think about the political past of Maxima’s father?

At the one hand you can say, that she is innocent, but at the other hand she raised up in a family with a questionable opinion about democracy. And these are bad premises for the future Queen of the Netherlands.

They met at a party in Seville and it was love at the third sign (Alexander said). He was very angry because there was a girl, which took photos of him. But after a while she asked him, if she could do this. And so the relationship started.

Beatrix had an idea about the monarchy and also about a good crown princess. She preferred a foreigner, because there would be fewer friends in the Netherlands, who would talk about the past of the woman. She wanted someone, who is able to deal with this demanding job. And she favoured somebody of the upper class, because these girls “know to behave”.

She is a very natural person, genuine, authentic, open, informal, charming and open. You can just speak in superlatives. She is a natural in every circles whether upper class or lower classes.

How did the Netherlands responsive to the engagement of Willem-Alexander and Maxima?

It was a mood of crisis, because nobody know, if Alexander would give up his right to the throne and choose his great love.

He is very well prepared for this function. If something would happen today he could accept this office. He is very promising.

He is very pleasant like his two brothers. But they are more reserved. All three are very intellectual and friendly. Alexander is very open and give the feeling, that you always feel comfortable in his present.

No, he was very independent in his decision. He is very sporty and have many friends and in these circles he also had many girlfriends. And he was like every other boy. Not every time the parents knew his girlfriends. Sometimes they didn’t know why. It was very normal.

How did Beatrix and Claus react, when they found out about the past of Maxima’s father?

They made the difference between the family in Argentina and Maxima. They saw Maxima as the person she was: worthy and able to fulfill the duty. And they saw how much in love they were. That was one of the main arguments. The person Maxima was important, not the past of her father. They thought a lot about it.

He was the first who understood her. Claus invited him to a dinner with Maxima around 2000/ 2001. And he didn’t know who the person was, but she impressed him. She was nice and had an enormous charisma. And Claus asked him, what he thought about her. Claus would know if his personal impression was really a personal or if other also thought the same about her. He really understood and supported her.

They are still very much in love. You also see it when they are with the kids and that reminds him of Alexander’s parents, who also were so much in love. It is not artificial. It is genuine.:wub:

I hope you understand it and I hope I didn't do to much mistakes. If I did, I'm sorry.:flowers:

Thank you very much for your work, anirac.
I speak German but was not able to see the interviews, seems I don't have that programme installed on my computer.

It seems they follow the same pattern like in the documentary about CP Victoria: a lot of praise (so natural, so well prepared...) and on the other side one person voicing the anti-monarchy attitude (on principle, nothing against the cps personally, of course).:lol:

Yes, thank you very much for that translation.

Thanks rockon, the programme was rather interesting, I wonder why they interviewed Hans van den Berg though, a republic is a complete non-issue. It was interesting to hear that the late Prince Claus and Queen Beatrix had/has difficulties with Jorge Zorreguietta.
And I see the eternal Reinildis is there too :)

Thanks rockon, the programme was rather interesting, I wonder why they interviewed Hans van den Berg though, a republic is a complete non-issue. It was interesting to hear that the late Prince Claus and Queen Beatrix had/has difficulties with Jorge Zorreguietta.
And I see the eternal Reinildis is there too :)

Did they specify anything in particular?

I think it was an interesting and balanced documentary, I actually like the fact that they are also voicing the anti-monarchy attitude.
If I compare it with the docu about CP Victoria then it seems to me they were a bit less enthusiastic, more neutral. They were positive but critical, if you know what I mean. And I liked this better.

The half-German Victoria was portrayed as a "rich poor" girl and heroe, loved by all Swedes, so intelligent, so natural, so brave, so well-dressed (!).., the perfect future queen...the Swedish royal family is the most cosy and popular of all royal families of course... even the anti-monarchists seemed only concerned about the fact that the royals are "public slaves" who don't have the rights which everyone has...a bit too enthusiastic and criticless for my taste.

I mean, I like Victoria and I'm sure things weren't always easy for her but they made it sound as if being a cp is all problems and duties and no privileges.
They were more balanced in M&WA's case IMO.
It will be interesting to see the docus about the other cps.

Are they on holidays in italy as every year? no fotosession?

i read the interview some weeks ago and i personally liked it. it is quite an objective view, i believe, and he seems to be polite as well. i personally liked his first hand views on willem and maxima.

what i didn't know was the fact that maxima took photos that day she met W-A in seville. i always thought she didn't believe him when he said he was the prince, or so i was told. does anyone have reliable information on the way they met?

Will the family be going on vacation this summer to Italy?

Will the family be going on vacation this summer to Italy?

Apparently they are already in Tuscany since July 8. They didn't give any photoshoot this time which is too bad. I guess we will have to wait a month for the celebrations of WA birthday celebration.;)

what i didn't know was the fact that maxima took photos that day she met W-A in seville. i always thought she didn't believe him when he said he was the prince, or so i was told. does anyone have reliable information on the way they met?

The people who invited The prince also knew Maxima and invited her to the party together with many, many other people. In the interview the couple gave they said that Maxima knew before she went there was a crown prince at the party but she didn't know who it was so she was taking pictures of him without knowing that he was the crown prince. I don't know for sure if he didn't like her taking pictures, i don't remember him saying that. I do remember she didn't like him and asked : "who is that man!" in a bit of a negative way. But it al turned out well and they fel in love later. :flowers:

TRH hosted a luncheon today to honour 25 people for their outstanding achievements,Noordeinde Palace.

TRH hosted a luncheon today to honour 25 people for their outstanding achievements,Noordeinde Palace.

I read that this is the 3rd time they host the 'Uitblinkers' (these outstanding people) for a lunch. Is this an official engagement then? Shouldn't there be any pictures of the event? Or is it considered private, as the get-to-know- dinners that the Princely couple have at their residence in Wasenaar?

I read that this is the 3rd time they host the 'Uitblinkers' (these outstanding people) for a lunch. Is this an official engagement then? Shouldn't there be any pictures of the event? Or is it considered private, as the get-to-know- dinners that the Princely couple have at their residence in Wasenaar?

i didn´t find something

i didn´t find something

You mean that there are no pictures of it? Neither have I so far.

Still, following the link provided by Lucien (Royal Dutch Calendar thread),

Het Koninklijk Huis

it says "Het is de derde keer dat een dergelijke lunch is aangeboden" (in my still lame dutch, this seems to mean 'It is the third time that such a lunch is offered'), but still I found no pictures of this or the previous occasions.

Those lunches take place in privacy indeed. I think one of the goals is for the crownprincely couple to find out what these people are involded in, what is going on in society etc. When the caemra´s would be there the guests would probably not be very comfortable in speaking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom