The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow!, in such a short time another flight to Argentina, is a long trip to do!!!!! i know they use to travel a lot! but I tell you what it is like 16 hrs. flight????and with the 3 girls!!!

Yes, thats why I dont think they are in Buenos Aires

Well, the newspaper Telegraaf also said they returned to Argentina for the birthday celebration of Jorge Z. The newspaper also says that the prince asked 'permission' from his aunt Princess Margriet, which she gave of course ;).
I suppose the children stayed in Wassenaar though, as said Amalia already missed a couple of days at school, so.... I don' t think they can keep her in Argentina for two weeks after the school started, that would mean that Amalia already missed 3 weeks of school (though I would be surprised the school inspection would be a strict with the royals as with ' normal' people).

Well, the newspaper Telegraaf also said they returned to Argentina for the birthday celebration of Jorge Z. The newspaper also says that the prince asked 'permission' from his aunt Princess Margriet, which she gave of course ;).
I suppose the children stayed in Wassenaar though, as said Amalia already missed a couple of days at school, so.... I don' t think they can keep her in Argentina for two weeks after the school started, that would mean that Amalia already missed 3 weeks of school (though I would be surprised the school inspection would be a strict with the royals as with ' normal' people).
Ireally would be very surprise if they went to argentina withoutthe girls in such a family ocassion. anyone knows for how long did they go to argentina?

There would be no use in picking up the girls ( plus nannies and extra body guards) and going for such a short visit. Plus maybe the celebrations were a grownups affair.

There would be no use in picking up the girls ( plus nannies and extra body guards) and going for such a short visit. Plus maybe the celebrations were a grownups affair.
it doesn't exist this in argentina "a grwon upaffair", were you go your kids go, it is certenly a familly affair and I am sure the father would love to celebrated with her grandaughters, specially becasue i am sure he doesn't see them so often.
I agree it is a lot of people moving for some days , nannies, body guards, etc... but they use to that

It was just a theory, "perhaps".
It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.

It doesn't make much sense to me (of course it doesn't have to). The family was just recently in Argentina, they've could've done an early celebration while the entire family was together.
yes, they could have an early celebration but, don't forget he has several kids some living in the US another in patagonia, so I am sure it is not easy to combine everybody at the same time and Maxima has probably the most hectic shedule but I am glad she is there and I take my hat off for her being in a flight so often and so many hours!

Really, who is living in the US? I thought they were all living in Argentina. And who lives in Patagonia?

Really, who is living in the US? I thought they were all living in Argentina. And who lives in Patagonia?

A sister of Máxima lives in NYC,Chelsea to be precise while her brother Martin has a restaurant in Bariloche,Argentina.

Btw,TRH return from Argentina later today,Amalia has to go to school and mommy has engagements this week too.

A sister of Máxima lives in NYC,Chelsea to be precise while her brother Martin has a restaurant in Bariloche,Argentina.

Btw,TRH return from Argentina later today,Amalia has to go to school and mommy has engagements this week too.
do you know or anyone else know how long they were in Argentina in this last trip??

Isn'T the acual birthday on 28. january. So it was an earlier celebration. Perhaps the arranged it this way that it will give no collision with Beatrix birthday who is only 3 days later as both have round birthdays.

Are you sure Amalia went to Argentina too, lucien? She would be missing a 2nd week of school for something that ´normal´ children would never get days off for.

Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Besides, Princess Amalia is not a "normal" girl.

Vanesa.

it doesn't exist this in argentina "a grwon upaffair", were you go your kids go,

Well. I remember not going to grown up events during my childhood; all depends of the level you are in. The Argentinean upper class doesn't fuss over family.:flowers::flowers:

Well. I remember that when I was a child, and we must travel for some reason, school will "wait" us, children until we can rejoin our class. It happened specially at winter recess, much more frequently than in summer holidays.

Vanesa.

Well that is very different here,
the school inspection is rather strict and even to get one day off before the official holidays is almost impossible (consequently a day or so before a holiday started 5 or 6 children from my class would usually be ´ill´ so the parents could go on holiday on a more convenient day). Anyway, you are right that nepotism is part of a moarchy, but still I don´t like it when the nepotism is too obvous. No normal child would get a week off in december to go on an extended holiday and then in january another week to go to grand daddy´s birthday.

Well that is very different here,
the school inspection is rather strict and even to get one day off before the official holidays is almost impossible (consequently a day or so before a holiday started 5 or 6 children from my class would usually be ´ill´ so the parents could go on holiday on a more convenient day). Anyway, you are right that nepotism is part of a moarchy, but still I don´t like it when the nepotism is too obvous. No normal child would get a week off in december to go on an extended holiday and then in january another week to go to grand daddy´s birthday.

In The Netherlands, compulsory education starts at the age of 5. Amalia is 4 years old, so it is not a problem yet.

Vanessa,

You must be from "the new generation" of the education in Argentina. I also went to school in Buenos Aires...but when one day of absence required a doctor's note and to have the homework -for the day a student was absent- ready to be handed to the teacher / professor.
:flowers::flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really interesting- the discussion of schools around the world. I think there is also a thread about this in the member's forum, which has more about schools in the US, where I'm from, and about other members' schools. It would be interesting to continue this conversation there, so we can discuss all sorts of schools, and school policies, not just Dutch and Argentinian schools.

Well and obviously Maxima and WA are not overly bothered with their carbon footprints, flying to and fro in a matter of days rather then weeks...

:rolleyes:
Well and obviously Maxima and WA are not overly bothered with their carbon footprints, flying to and fro in a matter of days rather then weeks...

So?People do it all the time,big deal.They make up in other ways,by paying another additional eco tax,can't bare to even hear that "sort of new bible" nonsens anymore,upon leaving of an extra 11,50,as of january 7th for all european flights,and 35 to 40 euro's for intercontinental flights.When's your next vacation dahling?Oh prey don't tell,we might all join you.:eek::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:...The emmissions that might cause,besides the aircraft...and the fun...

About school,Amalia does not have to go all day every day,yet,she can easily skip a day or two,but as she loves going there she's there daily,going to Grandpa and grandma is fun for any kid,they travel light,sleep most of the time,run around a bit,play a game and hopla,we're there,children are so easy to deal with as any nanny can tell you......;).

Well, I don't mind them travelling and all that but considering WA talked in his birthday interview about 'consuminderen' and in his water speeches warned for global warning and all that it seems hypocritical (as do most people who are speeching on these things btw).

Well, I don't mind them travelling and all that but considering WA talked in his birthday interview about 'consuminderen' and in his water speeches warned for global warming and all that it seems hypocritical (as do most people who are speeching on these things btw).

Oh I think he's man enough to live up to his words,but there are family events and such that make the proverbial exception to any rule.

I just can't stand the seriously over the top credo anymore,by people,in general,who fly several times a year themselves just for fun and because they can.I do.It is really so awfully political correct to open a mouth on behalve of the environment and it's issues,it's falling over getting the opposite effect,and not the effect intended.There are other matters environmentally that can easily be dealt with,but apparently have to take ages,decades before implemented.Why?It is all so hypo as you rightfully said,and here too,you have to know you won the fight before you start isn't it?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I know that in the Netherlands, there are some exceptions to this rule. For instance, when visiting family abroad. However the instance that I know of specifically is this:

If a parent is unable to take vacation time due to work during the schools vacation period, the school and the parents can make arrangements for the child to take a vacations with the parents at another time. For instance, my husbands father was a merchant marine, which meant that he was gone for 6 - 8 months at a time, and then home for 3-4 months at a time, etc. Now since they could not go on family vacations when he was not home, other arrangements were made with the school so that they could have a family vacation. Also, my husband and his brother were allowed to miss school for 2-3 months to travel with their parents on the boat to Asia. They had to keep up with their school work, but were allowed to be out.

So maybe something like that might be the case. These are public people and public children and once the children get older, some of their duties that come along with the position that they are in might interfere with the school periods.

Oh absolutely right Empress.

..On a boat to Asia with your parents,how wonderfull that must have been,at the time.Great special arrangements,doing your homework on the deck of a ship beats your room and a parent repeatedly asking you to clean it up...

Last edited:
Are you sure Amalia went to Argentina too, lucien? She would be missing a 2nd week of school for something that ´normal´ children would never get days off for.

Alexander and Máxima didn't just go back to celebrate her fathers birthday on january 18th,that is the real date,but also to pick up their girls,Amalia and Alexia,as they had been with their grandparents all the time.:whistling:

i am glad to listen that, that they had a great time there with the moternal family, althought I think Alexia may be it is too young to be without mommy!

Well, I think they are used to spending time with grand parents/ without their parents. Maxima and WA have done some long travels last year(s) to India/Mongolia and Australia/New-Zealand. But I believe Maxima once said that it was harder on the parents than on the girls ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom