The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahead of the upcoming baptism,mommy and daddy and their A-Team:wub:

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Royalimages.

Well, there is much to do about this article & pictures in the German ´Bild´. According to the story Maxima and WA were in a shop in New York to buy two i-phones.

Apparently due to the media code the Dutch press won´t be publishing these pictures and even RTL boulevard took care not to show the article during their show. However, Marc van der Linden (gossip journalist and RTL Boulevard presenter) called the RVD and they denied that the pictures were taken in NYC, and they also denied that the Prince and Princess bought an i-phone, let alone two of them.

Well, there is much to do about this article & pictures in the German ´Bild´. According to the story Maxima and WA were in a shop in New York to buy two i-phones.

Apparently due to the media code the Dutch press won´t be publishing these pictures and even RTL boulevard took care not to show the article during their show. However, Marc van der Linden (gossip journalist and RTL Boulevard presenter) called the RVD and they denied that the pictures were taken in NYC, and they also denied that the Prince and Princess bought an i-phone, let alone two of them.

Why was it denied Marengo? Pictures are prove. Maxima was in the same exact head to toe outfit from the UN Meeting ( i know she could wear it again) but ive seen the pictures. Couldnt a simple "yes they were shopping" instead of denying:neutral:

Well, the most obvious reason for denying such a thing to Marc van der Linden would be that somebody at the RVD made a mistake. I have no idea what they would have to gain by denying something as innocent as this, though I believe the iphone here in Europe is around 1000 euros while in the US it is only 300 and people will start nagging if they payed import taxes over the phones etc etc.

Mind you, we only have the story of Bild that they did by iphones, but it seems rather likely that the pictures were taken in NYC indeed.

do they actually pay any kind of taxes, that if not clear to me :flowers:

Well, the most obvious reason for denying such a thing to Marc van der Linden would be that somebody at the RVD made a mistake. I have no idea what they would have to gain by denying something as innocent as this, though I believe the iphone here in Europe is around 1000 euros while
in the US it is only 300 and people will start nagging if they payed import taxes over the phones etc etc.
Mind you, we only have the story of Bild that they did by iphones, but it seems rather likely that the pictures were taken in NYC indeed.

According to the website of the RF they do pay taxes over their income and assets, apart from the part that can be traced back to the ´financial statute´, they don´t specify what that statute is though.

In Dutch here.

---

Nice to see Maxima and WA attending a Simavi concert, just wondering, what speech is the prince holding? The earrings that Maxima are wearing are gorgeous btw, she first wore the emeralds this way in Oslo, at the concert for the birthday of the Norwegian King.

Last edited:
you are a treasure of information :flowers:
I read the piece in the website but I have not got a clue what it means. Nevermind.

According to the website of the RF they do pay taxes over their income and assets, apart from the part that can be traced back to the ´financial statute´, they don´t specify what that statute is though.

In Dutch here.

---

Nice to see Maxima and WA attending a Simavi concert, just wondering, what speech is the prince holding? The earrings that Maxima are wearing are gorgeous btw, she first wore the emeralds this way in Oslo, at the concert for the birthday of the Norwegian King.

Well, I have 2 opinions about this very black outfit worn by Máxima.

(1) She seems to join the trend created by Mette-Marit... she also dressed black from head to toe yesterday and just made her look like she was mourning.
Now Máxima dressed the same... I guess it would have looked much better with lighter stockings...

(2) She looked elegant! I love her hairdo! This kind of curls look a million times better then those Barbie-curls she uses to have sometimes!

Máxima should do something about the dark roots on her hair... :ermm: In the last pics, her make up was very good, her cloths too and then... she is so careless about her hair.

Well, it is funny she dresses in black indeed, I remember an interview with Graciela Naum (Argentinian designer) in which she says that Maxima told her she had to keep some things in mind, one of them was not dressing in black.

Anyway, I agree the hair looks nice this way, and the roots, well....I don+t mind that much.

I took a bettter look at the earrings due to the pictures provided by dazzling, the emeralds seem different from the traditional emerald parure, so maybe the earrings are new indeed!

--

It seems the goal of the evening was to raise funds for Simavi. Their website says the money will be used for sanitation projects and the Prince of Orange opened ´the year of sanitation´.

From their website and free of copyrights:

26 november 2007
Today Simavi will have its 2007 benefit concert. Three famous Dutch musicians will perform on stage to raise funds for better sanitation. This evening we will also launch the International Year of Sanitation (IYS) in the Netherlands. We are very pleased that His Royal Highness Prince Willem-Alexander (Crown Prince of the Netherlands) and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima are present on this Simavi evening.

The special attention for sanitation in 2008 could give a supreme effort to make proper sanitation accessible and available to everyone, because "all the people in the world have the right to a healthy life with dignity" asserted Prince Willem-Alexander in his speech during the launch of IYS in New York last week. Simavi will play its role in this important year and we are pleased to introduce to you the Simavi School Sanitation Fund.

Last edited:
More about the iphones: apparently these things aren´t sold in the Netherlands yet, so it would be impossible to use the iphones here unless you know a guy who will illegally de-block the phone :whistling:

In Dutch here.

---

The Simavi benefir-concert was the kick-off for the dutch start of the UN Year for Sanitation 2008.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Speech,in dutch:
Het Koninklijk Huis

Update on the iphones: there is a lot ado about the Dutch website GeenStijl that published the pictures of Max and WA. The RVD takes it very seriously and wants to take legal action.

Well, legally I doubt if the RVD has a foot to stand on, I can, t imagine GeenStijl ever having agreed to uphold the mediacode. And considering that they allowed other pictures to be published a week before I suppose the RVD is sending out mixed signals too.

The RVD also send a letter to Bild asking to remove the photo's from their website.

Last edited:
Update on the iphones: there is a lot ado about the Dutch website GeenStijl that published the pictures of Max and WA. The RVD takes it very seriously and wants to take legal action.

Oh, oh! Just a several weeks abroad because of working reasons, and what a number of all kind of news!
First of all: thanks all you for let me keeping updated. On the other hand: why RVD would take legal actions? May be photos were taken "by assault" and they are just protecting the royal couple´ image? Or they only want to take off any suspicious of "no import duties paid" by the couple?
As a matter of fact, I don´t believe nor Prince W-A neither Princess Maxima have any problem onto paying these taxes. They are so down to earth to even thinking on avoid the payment of correspondat taxes. Princess Maxima is used to pay taxes, and no doubt Prince Willem is as well.
Well... just say I´ll keep posted in order to know further comments about it.

Last edited:
Well, I have 2 opinions about this very black outfit worn by Máxima.

(1) She seems to join the trend created by Mette-Marit... she also dressed black from head to toe yesterday and just made her look like she was mourning.
Now Máxima dressed the same... I guess it would have looked much better with lighter stockings...

(2) She looked elegant! I love her hairdo! This kind of curls look a million times better then those Barbie-curls she uses to have sometimes!

I'm always a bit surprised to see royalty in all black outside of mourning. It seems old fashioned, but so are monarchies in general. She did look foxy, though.

Last edited:
Hola is reporting that Maxima and Alexander are worried about Ariane's health since she had to be checked into a hospital during their vacation in Argentina. The story doesn't have much information, the only thing that states is that it was nothing major just a "common illness".

MÁXIMA Y GUILLERMO DE HOLANDA, PREOCUPADOS POR LA SALUD DE SU HIJA MENOR, ARIANA

Thankfully, Ariane is at home now and it was just a scare. :flowers:

The same news was discussed in the Queen's current events thread. Ariane has a respiratory infection and was taken to a clinic/hospital to be checked. But she was not admitted or anything like that. I also read in the Queen's thread that the family called their doctor in the Netherlands to ask his/her advice and the doctor suggested that Ariane go to a clinic/hospital to be looked at as a precaution.

TRH will attend the New Year receptions on tuesday afternoon on january 8th and wednesday morning january 9th at Noordeinde Palace hosted by HM The Queen.

Tuesday several hundreds of representatives of dutch society will attend,on wednesday is the reception of the Corps Diplomatique.

Alexander and Máxima were the only members of the RF missing tonight as Aunt Margriet celebrates her birthday at the Orpheus theatre in Apeldoorn,as they are in Argentina celebrating the 80th birthday of Máxima's father.

Thanks Lucien for the information.
Do you know how long are they going to stay in Argentina and when is CP Máxima´s father birthday?
Thanks in advance :flowers:

According to Blauw Bloed Daddy Z. celebrated his birthday a few days in advance. I wonder if they took the children, probably not as Amalia already missed one week or so of school as she went to Argentina before the christmas holidays.

well, may be they did not come back to holland and they still in Argentina as incognito, I am sure they love the idea of "incognito"! Amalia is only 4 , if she miss now some school it is not big deal! not everybody can celebrate her 80 birthday!

well, may be they did not come back to holland and they still in Argentina as incognito, I am sure they love the idea of "incognito"! Amalia is only 4 , if she miss now some school it is not big deal! not everybody can celebrate her 80 birthday!
Yes, they came back for the New Years Reception:)

Yes, they came back for the New Years Reception:)
wow!, in such a short time another flight to Argentina, is a long trip to do!!!!! i know they use to travel a lot! but I tell you what it is like 16 hrs. flight????and with the 3 girls!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom