The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just watched the documentary on 'uitzendinggemist.nl'.

And I can only say: all my thumbs up, way way up, for the man who will be the next King of the Netherlands. If I were to be less diplomatic, I'd say: Filippe, William, Haakon, Fred, eat your hearts out!

I wish wish wish the actual interview was subtitled for you folks who don't understand Dutch. Why? It really revealed that the focus of this piece is a man who is not only very well versed in all he's doing these days (and yes that's actually a lot), he's also smart, down to earth, and genuinely interested in his various roles and especially in the people he meets along the way. Not to mention that he has a vision that's all his own.

I don't unfortunately have time to translate but for those of you who think, well, this poster is probably drinking the Oranje coolaid, I think most of you'd agree with me if you could understand the content of the interview.

It was clear that Alexander has in recent years, really stepped up to the plate and put in the mileage necessary to talk about topics like the world's water problems the way he did in this interview. I wasn't always sure about this in recent years. But this portrait shows he's eating his own dog food, aka, he's putting in the hours and effort and seemingly does the best he can.

Sure, it's also great to see him at home with the family, but actually the rest of the footage especially the sit down interview, is even more revealing. After seeing this interview, I frankly don't think I would be as impressed with any of the other crown prices the way I now am with Alexander. Seriously. He's a tough act to follow, so, again, kudo's where they're due!

princess olga said:
just watched the documentary on 'uitzendinggemist.nl'.

And I can only say: all my thumbs up, way way up, for the man who will be the next King of the Netherlands. If I were to be less diplomatic, I'd say: Filippe, William, Haakon, Fred, eat your hearts out!

I wish wish wish the actual interview was subtitled for you folks who don't understand Dutch. Why? It really revealed that the focus of this piece is a man who is not only very well versed in all he's doing these days (and yes that's actually a lot), he's also smart, down to earth, and genuinely interested in his various roles and especially in the people he meets along the way. Not to mention that he has a vision that's all his own.

I don't unfortunately have time to translate but for those of you who think, well, this poster is probably drinking the Oranje coolaid, I think most of you'd agree with me if you could understand the content of the interview.

It was clear that Alexander has in recent years, really stepped up to the plate and put in the mileage necessary to talk about topics like the world's water problems the way he did in this interview. I wasn't always sure about this in recent years. But this portrait shows he's eating his own dog food, aka, he's putting in the hours and effort and seemingly does the best he can.

Sure, it's also great to see him at home with the family, but actually the rest of the footage especially the sit down interview, is even more revealing. After seeing this interview, I frankly don't think I would be as impressed with any of the other crown prices the way I now am with Alexander. Seriously. He's a tough act to follow, so, again, kudo's where they're due!

I completely agree with you.
I think WA is ready to be King!!

crm2317 said:
Can it be put onto youtube? It is a lovely video the family bits are best! Amalia and Alexia are charming and Maxima an W-A are

I second this motion. I want to see it (at least the family part) but the website won't work and I can't even read why. Heh. :)

regardez said:
I second this motion. I want to see it (at least the family part) but the website won't work and I can't even read why. Heh. :)

They changed the link.

New one:
Uitzendinggemist.nl

Press 'bekijk uitzending' (Left under)

The familypart is amazing, my avatar is from the show. This family is/looks so loving!!

Last edited:
I finally had the opportunity to watch the program. While I do not speak or understand Dutch it was an interesting program. The family scenes are quite enjoyable. I had to smile when an elderly gentleman appeared to ask Princess Maxima who she was and she pointed to Prince W-A and replied that she was the wife of the Crown Prince.

princess olga said:

Jeje, that was almost exactly what I thought Olga! :ROFLMAO: The prince has grown so much on me the last couple of years. I am confident that the throne will be in good hands with him and his wife.

btw, I loved his diplomatic sneer at Geert Wilders and the present state of xenophobia that effects some of our countrymen.

I also liked his description of the core-terms for a monarch: unifying, encouraging and representative.

-
on another note: the court seems really run in a very professional way, thumbs up for Queen Beatrix for that one!

I saw a clip of YouTube of this programme, the pictures had been put with music and they all look so happy and in love.

From what I could see their home is big and all that but it looks homely and loving. You can see quite clearly how much the girls love their parents and Maxima was truly beautful in the video.

lucien said:
Alexia having a little tantrum and everyone sang and laughed,she stood aside from the rest,grumpy,then turned walked back and danced,she already knows how to pull a show,thought it was hilarious.:wub:

The whole thing was great, but this part was especially adoring:lol: . And Maxima has a great singing voice, I really like it when she was singing one of the classic Dutch children songs:wub:

Sher has a great singing voice indeed! I was rather surprised by that to. I recall that she sung a song in english, spanish but I forgot the Dutch one.
-
Also loved the part where Alexia was pretending to be lion.

So that was what she was acting to be! She looked so adorable! Great dramatic effects I must say!

I loved watching the documentary! As someone who doesn't speak Dutch it was great to hear Willem speaking English in different parts of the show. My favorite part though was the parts with Amalia and Alexia. It was great to see the whole family playing together.

I don't know if my internet is too slow, but I can't see all the video either, I'm missing the best parts...It's buffering all the time, and I can hear some voices, but I can't see the entire video....ToT

Last edited:
Marengo said:
Sher has a great singing voice indeed! I was rather surprised by that to. I recall that she sung a song in english, spanish but I forgot the Dutch one.

She was singing 'Klap eens in je handjes' when Alexia had here little tantrum and 'Kabouter Spillenbeen' (with Amalia).

DVD: Portret van een Prins - Willem-Alexander 40

The DVD will be available starting tomorrow. (May 10, 2007)
Price: €17.95

Last edited:
news from wassenaar

I have just read at royalblog.nl, that on Monday, something will happen in Wassenaar. Something like, we will get a message from Willem-Alexander and Maxima.
Does someone know more about it??

It's a surprise!

A nice and special message from Alexander and Máxima tomorrow,as hja on Royalblog puts it.

(how about a surprise photo-shoot and footage of wee Ariane with her big sisters and mommy & daddy?):wub:

Apparently they do have a suprise for us on Monday. By the way the Family Van Oranje weblog is reporting that Maxima was in Zeist unexpectantly this past Thursday. No pictures though.

monica said:
it is going to see a surprise today?

From royalblog.nl

Opdracht: houdt de media maandag in de gaten. Uit Wassenaar komt een aardige surprise. Nee, geen aankondiging van een nieuwe zwangerschap, maar een leuke en bijzondere boodschap van het prinselijk paar. Meer daarover - uiteraard - op maandag, ook op deze website.

Translation:

Assigment: watch the media on Monday. There will be a nice surprise from Wassenaar. No, not an announcement about a new pregnancy but a fun, special message from the Princely couple. More about that, ofcource, on Monday, on this site.

(Is it allowed to have the translation on TRF like this?? Otherwise I'll change it.)

the only thing i can think of is that it might be a casual photoshoot of the CP family.I hope they will also announce a baptism date. Cant wait!!

We have to wait 2 more days, Wednesday is the day!

(royalblog.nl)

Unfortunately,the surprise has to wait till wednesday.:rolleyes:

Princess Robijn said:
We have to wait 2 more days, Wednesday is the day!

(royalblog.nl)

Oh no! why? wasnt the suprise scheduled for today? Maybe they like well, maybe itll be worth the wait:flowers:

dazzling said:
Oh no! why? wasnt the suprise scheduled for today? Maybe they like well, maybe itll be worth the wait:flowers:

No, the writer made a mistake ;)

Well that actually works better for me lol. I hav exams today and tomorrow so would have to wait until wednesday to see the pictures:flowers: . I really hope it is a photoshoot with the three little princesses!

i think the idea of the surprise is great! the dutch royal family has fun ways of announcing things, i remember how they announced maxima's second pregnancy with an announcement from amalia saying she was soon going to be a big sister!

i can't wait until wednesday to know what they are preparing... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom