The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with previous. Dress is quite nice but Maxima without bra looks not well.

i like her dress very much, and her hair like evita, the make up too, but i aggre with ssome people here in the forum , make her a little bit fat, no bra? it look too flat her chest, i am not sure it is for her figure!

I think she looked marvelous. I didn't see her fat.

TRH will attend the opening of the annual Erasmus Festival at the Theater aan de Parade,'s-Hertogenbosch,saturday evening november 8th.

The Dutch Dance Theater I,Introdans ensemble for youth and the International Dance Theater will perform at the opening night,
themed "The new Cosmopolitan".

Yes,the Festival is in connection with the Praemium Erasmianum and yes,both have attended before.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Any idea why the Erasmus festival is in Den Bosch? I thought Erasmus was stuck with Rotterdam, since that is where he lived & half the city is named after him. Of course 's Hertogenbosch is a lovely place, I have been there recently, and 'de parade' is very nice too, much nicer than anything they have in Rotterdam (but that is IMHO).

Any idea why the Erasmus festival is in Den Bosch? I thought Erasmus was stuck with Rotterdam, since that is where he lived & half the city is named after him. Of course 's Hertogenbosch is a lovely place, I have been there recently, and 'de parade' is very nice too, much nicer than anything they have in Rotterdam (but that is IMHO).

"Lof der Zotheid" comes to mind as a reason to have the festival in 's-Hertogenbosch.It's as good a guess as any,
but there is a very plausible reason.Fits better "under the big rivers" then the calvinist north of 'm anyway,
Lof der Zotheid has more with the bourgondiërs of my province then with any of the others,except Limbabwe maybe.....

http://www.erasmusfestival.nl/erasmus.htm

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures, Turkish! :flowers:Thanks for posting them.

Princess Máxima was truly lovely this time.

TRH will attend the opening of the annual Erasmus Festival at the Theater aan de Parade,'s-Hertogenbosch,saturday evening november 8th.

The Dutch Dance Theater I,Introdans ensemble for youth and the International Dance Theater will perform at the opening night,
themed "The new Cosmopolitan".

Yes,the Festival is in connection with the Praemium Erasmianum and yes,both have attended before.
Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to see HRH looks nice several times in a row, hair in place, nice earrings etc. And good to see that the couple has so many engagements these days, also together.

-
I just saw Blauw Bloed and they showed Princess Maxima at the language institute (dressed with the black neck-thing; which looked much nicer on television). She had a nice speech IMO, and apparently the Orange-fund invested 6 million euros in these language meetings between people. The idea is that people who want to learn Dutch are tought at home by volunteers. HRH said that the project was such a succes that the board of the Orange fund (I believe she is in it as well) has decided to finance a simular project for men too.

HRH speeching

I am glad to see HRH looks nice several times in a row, hair in place, nice earrings etc. And good to see that the couple has so many engagements these days, also together.

-
I just saw Blauw Bloed and they showed Princess Maxima at the language institute (dressed with the black neck-thing; which looked much nicer on television). She had a nice speech IMO, and apparently the Orange-fund invested 6 million euros in these language meetings between people. The idea is that people who want to learn Dutch are tought at home by volunteers. HRH said that the project was such a succes that the board of the Orange fund (I believe she is in it as well) has decided to finance a simular project for men too.

HRH speeching

Máxima and Alexander are Patrons of the Orange Fund.It was their National wedding gift.

It seems she is wearing the brooches that we saw during the state visit to Turkey first. They apear to be her own, as Maxima is the only one who ever wore them. Still, they are difficult to identify on the shiny material of her jacket.

It seems she is wearing the brooches that we saw during the state visit to Turkey first. They apear to be her own, as Maxima is the only one who ever wore them. Still, they are difficult to identify on the shiny material of her jacket.
I have thought that those brooches are hers also. They seem to be ART DECO and they are one of my favorate pieces on the princess as well as the tahitian pearl earrings. :wub:

What a wonderfull couple!:wub:

PPE Agency

They are such a beautiful couple! They seem so happy to be together, and it is evident that they are perfectly happy to perform their royal duties together. Thank you, Lucien for these photos.

TRH will attend the premiere of the film "White Light",a film on childsoldiers,at the Pathé Tuschinski Theater,Amsterdam monday december 8th.
Het Koninklijk Huis

And according to royalblog.nl, both will attend the private birthday Party of Prince Charles, on Thursday.

According to Caras magazine, Willem-Alexander and his family will spend this year again Christmas holidays in Argentina

Well, I hope they stay in Apeldoorn this time, with the rest of the royal family as they always did, since 1945 probably. I don't like it that the RF spends these holidays abroad, they were the only reigning RF who did so during the millenium change for example. Apart from that, a 6th (or 7th?) trip to Argentina might be overdoing it, considering the PoO likes to speech about how we will all be drowning due to pollution.

Well, I hope they stay in Apeldoorn this time, with the rest of the royal family as they always did, since 1945 probably. I don't like it that the RF spends these holidays abroad, they were the only reigning RF who did so during the millenium change for example. Apart from that, a 6th (or 7th?) trip to Argentina might be overdoing it, considering the PoO likes to speech about how we will all be drowning due to pollution.

Oh no what is this?

It is entirely up to them where to go during the holidays I would think,like everyone else is entitled to go where they like,it is NOBODIES business how often to go see the family there.And with the health of daddy Z not as great as it used to be,it might very well be the last time.What do we know,so a bit more restraint would do nicely..

I don't see anything worth while either that they were abroad in the Milernnium night?What's the big deal?All the fuzz on the
Milennium night beforehand was just one big hype,nothing else,and nothing happened either except a few making big bugs
by making many believe disaster upon disaster would befall on us.

If they wish to go Argentina,let them.And btw,it is only Caras saying so.Wait and see.

They can go WHEREVER they want. As for Apeldoorn: who says the family always celebrates there. My guess is Queen B celebrates with her boys and their family in the Hague or somewhere abroad. I don't think it will be Argentina since Maxima said they would be going much less thanks to the paparazzi.

They are free to celebrate christmas in Argentina, on the north-pole or even on the moon of course. Still, it adds something to HM's christmas message if we know she is actually here, enjoying the same lousy weather as the rest of us ;). A 6th or 7th trip to Argentina might not be the best option IMHO. But indeed, it is a gossip magazine who claims so, not the RVD.

This thread has reached 10 pages, thanks to all who participated in it and we hope to see you all in the new thread, which can be found here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom