The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever noticed how much Prince W-A looks like a younger Albert Finney (think the movie Tom Jones).

The photo shoot that I saw at Tronoopvolgers' blog of Maxima and W-A on bikes with the girls had some shots of W-A that were very Finney-like.

Here's Albert Finney in the late 1960s: Photos of Albert Finney

Cheers!

Anyone ever noticed how much Prince W-A looks like a younger Albert Finney (think the movie Tom Jones).

The photo shoot that I saw at Tronoopvolgers' blog of Maxima and W-A on bikes with the girls had some shots of W-A that were very Finney-like.

Here's Albert Finney in the late 1960s: Photos of Albert Finney

Cheers!

You're right! He does kind of resemble Albert Finney.

Maxima reminds me of Madeline of Sweden at certain angles.

Yes. You are right. She ressembles a little to her...

But I was amazed when seeing the pic in which she appears with his husband and the Queen en Italy. What a pinky stuff! Look at the Queen and the Princess outfits...Scandalously PINK! And also Prince Willem's Alexander's tie...:eek::ROFLMAO:

My...I've never liked pink in the clothes. People dressed in pink looks as if he/she was a big meringue-cake...Do you know, these meringues couloured with some pink in it...:D

Vanesa.

Yes. You are right. She ressembles a little to her...

But I was amazed when seeing the pic in which she appears with his husband and the Queen en Italy. What a pinky stuff! Look at the Queen and the Princess outfits...Scandalously PINK! And also Prince Willem's Alexander's tie...:eek::ROFLMAO:

My...I've never liked pink in the clothes. People dressed in pink looks as if he/she was a big meringue-cake...Do you know, these meringues couloured with some pink in it...:D

Vanesa.

What pictures in Italy are you talking about?

I moved a discussion about Princess Maxima's style as a royal to this thread, called: 'Analysis of Princess Maxima'. Please continue the discussion there.

What pictures in Italy are you talking about?

I remember seeing pictures of Maxima and WA in Italy with the Queen. I think they were there for an opening not like their usual photoshoot though.

I could be wrong, but weren't they just pictures from earlier this year???

The pink pictures were from Queensday, when most of the royal ladies had the brilliant idea of picking a colour that would curse most with the omnipresent orange shirts, hats, balloons etc. that the public had.
I haven't seen any pictures this year of the RF in Italy. I don't think we will get to see them either as it is a private holiday and the Orange-Nassau's are rather strict in this.

---
The first time we will see WA and Maxima again will be in Beijing for the Oympics (not that long away). Note that Royals at the Olympics will be discussed in this thread in the Chit Chat forum. All references to them here will be moved.

Last edited:
Love this one:

ANP Beeldbank

:wub:

courtesy Kay Nietfeld.
Oh I love that photo too. I love to see people affectionate with their spouses. Gives me such a warm feeling to know how sincerely happy they are and glad to be with each other.

i agree with you,he needs to diet, and gym

He needs nothing.
Alex uses meds from time to time that make him look more puffed up then he actually is.It has been explained on this forum before.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima went to Lech for 4 days to go hunting. They used the KBX, the state airplane. Together with his friend Stefan Wolff the prince hunted for deer but he did not shoot any.

The couple stayed in Lech for four days and made a lot of walks with friends. They stayed in the 4 Mäderl-Haus of the family Moosburger and they had dinner at Gasthof Post, also of the Moosburgers.On monday the couple flew back from Innsbruck. Their daughters stayed in Wassenaar.

Source: royalty online
Article in Dutch here.

Their Royal Highnesses will attend the jubilee on occasion of the 120th anniversary of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.
HRH Princess Máxima is Patron of the 120 strong worldfamous orchestra.Concertgebouw,Amsterdam,october 24th.
Het Koninklijk Huis

The Concertgebouw,Amsterdam,one of the most beautifull concerthalls in the world and famous for its acoustics.
Het Concertgebouw

Concertgebouworkest [homepage]

On november 8th Their Royal Highnesses will attend the opening of the Erasmus Festival at
the Theater at the Parade,'s-Hertogenbosch/Bois-le-Duc.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp/objectid=26391

Their Royal Highnesses will attend the jubilee on occasion of the 120th anniversary of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.
HRH Princess Máxima is Patron of the 120 strong worldfamous orchestra.Concertgebouw,Amsterdam,october 24th.
Het Koninklijk Huis

The Concertgebouw,Amsterdam,one of the most beautifull concerthalls in the world and famous for its acoustics.
Het Concertgebouw

Concertgebouworkest [homepage]

On november 8th Their Royal Highnesses will attend the opening of the Erasmus Festival at
the Theater at the Parade,'s-Hertogenbosch/Bois-le-Duc.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp/objectid=26391

TRH arriving tonight at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam:

http://www.royalimages.nl/search.pp?productionjobid=26185&flush=1

Courtesy Royalimages.

Last edited:
Thanks lucien, nice to see them visiting my favourite orchestra (and the best orchestra of the country), I am going there this sunday afternoon actually. Maxima's hair looks nice and well kept.

Last edited:
Great to see them again!
I already got the feeling it was ages ago since we last saw them. ;)

Marengo said:
Maxima's hair looks nice and well kept.
Indeed. She looked pretty.
Is there a full length picture of her dress?

I hope there are more pictures! That dress looks very pretty!

Great to see them again!
I already got the feeling it was ages ago since we last saw them.

I was kind of begining to feel like that too, but they have been traveling a lot recently, so I think I'll let them off the hook ;)

24-10-2008 Amsterdam Princess Maxima and Prince Willem-Alexander attended the jubilee concert of the 120 year old Royal Concertgebouworkest, directed by Mariss Jansons, at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam.

PPE Agency

The building is a nice one indeed, and I believe the big concert hall actually was renovated a few years ago, it looks very good at the moment. Apparently the acoustics are especially excellent.

The Hall

Máxima is wearing the earrings that she used at her wedding btw, some say the diamonds come from the property of princess Wilhelmina of Prussia. Since we had too of them I am not sure of which one though, but I believe it was the wife of King Willem I and not his mother (who both went under the name of Wilhelmina of Prussia).

The building is a nice one indeed, and I believe the big concert hall actually was renovated a few years ago, it looks very good at the moment. Apparently the acoustics are especially excellent.

The Hall

Máxima is wearing the earrings that she used at her wedding btw, some say the diamonds come from the property of princess Wilhelmina of Prussia. Since we had too of them I am not sure of which one though, but I believe it was the wife of King Willem I and not his mother (who both went under the name of Wilhelmina of Prussia).

They were Mimi's,King Willem I wife.:)

It was a very beautiful concert, I saw the last part of it on television yesterday evening (unfortunately I turned on my television too late to see it all... :verysad: ). I also catched a glimpse of Willem-Alexander and Maxima, they seemed to be ejoying themselves. Maxima's dress looks better in the pictures, I have to say...

It does feel like it has been ages since we have seen them out together. Thank you for the links!

love the dress, but it does nothing for her, making her look thick waisted. and she really needs to wear a bra.

her hair and makeup are beautiful. i always think she looks so elegant when she wear her hair up and back like that.

I love the dress. But I agree with ap3. Also, she looks a little bit fat with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom