The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Amber, you're right. I kind of mixed it up with the other event. :)

This orange dress just doesn't get it. It's too flimsy, too wrinkled-looking, too short. It makes Maxima look like a football player...all long arms, broad shoulders, and sturdy legs. She's an attractive woman, but this dress detracts from her assets.

I agree.

Maxima is a beautiful woman, but I say the dress is not going to be one of my favorites. I would not have chosen it for her.

Perhaps if it were a little longer or something?

Last edited:
Amber26 said:
No, It was in South Africa during the festivities of Nelson Mandela's birthday. They were there together with the queen. Maxima was just a few month's pregnant from Amalia.
And yes......the dress was ugly...:eek:

I am almost certain that the photo was taken in Salzburg. Mandela's birthday celebration was a month before that photo of the two in Salzburg were released.

Alisa said:
I am almost certain that the photo was taken in Salzburg. Mandela's birthday celebration was a month before that photo of the two in Salzburg were released.
Yes, it was in Salzburg, the house behind them is the festival hall and the must have been at the Salzburg Festival, which is in July and August

I agreed with everyone who thinks that the dress wasn't her best choice.But I must say that Princess Maxima looks better than ever.She seems to slim down quite a bit her hair looks great on her she looks much younger than the past few years.
She is the most cheery of all CP.Her boisterious smile, sunshine personality and she is not afraid to show her emotion.Her dress sense is full of colour I love it.
:)

royaltywatcher said:
I'm sitting here staring at the picture of Maxima trying to see if I can see...could it be...a NIPPLE? Then it hits me; I'm spending way too much time on The Royal Forums.
ROFL! You're soo right royaltywatcher, even in my case on two fronts: 1. I probably shouldn't have mentioned that nipple, because in the scheme of things, how important is it really! And 2., I too, spend too much time on the Forum. But then, what better way to unwind from a day working hard, or during lunch, or between work, to go and chat with other Members about all things royal (well, <most> things royal, I think that from now on, I'll leave royal body parts out of the equation!):rolleyes::eek:

The dress is quite nice. She looks a little thinner too. :)

Evening dresses uses to reveal quite a bit of naked shoulders, etc. This was the awarding of the King Willem I Prize for entrepreneurship. That is a very chique black-tie evening with prominent Dutch companies in which most ladies were dressed à la Princess Máxima with decolletées and naked shoulders, covered with a stole.

When ladies come of a certain age, suddenly sleeves are worn on evening gowns: see Queen Beatrix, or the Duchess of Cornwall. On the present exhbition on Queen Elizabeth's gowns you clearly see the 'nakedness' in many of her '50s and '60s gowns. Now she only wears decent and matronly long sleeves...

On some pictures you saw that the Princess wrapped a stole around her indeed. This was a HOT day in The Hague and maybe the Princess made a choice for an 'airy' dress. I missed a nice diamond collier to complete the whole outfit.

As we keep in mind that the Princess uses dozens of evening dresses or gowns a year, and uncountable daywear ensembles, with or without hat and gloves, then it is easy to have some misses and some hits.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Legs and belly

She looks pregnant in that dress. If she isn´t she could wear it next time she is.
She hasn´t got legs who are slim enough to wear that kind of short dresses. Her ankles are quite big.
I´ve noticed that even little Amalia has got big leggies for her age already.

Stefanie said:
I´ve noticed that even little Amalia has got big leggies for her age already.

All Orange-Nassau ladies like Queen Wilhelmina, Queen Juliana and Queen Beatrix have always had firm legs, broad hips, etc.

Princess Beatrix once said off-the-record: "Yes, these are firm legs, but they have to bear a whole Kingdom!"

:lol:

If she said that she has stolen it from her mother, Queen Juliana in her student years in Leyden once replied to a fellow-students remark about her legs that they have to be big, as the entire dynasty was resting on those legs alone (which was true as Juliana was the only person who was in line of the dutch throne).

You are right. It was Princess Juliana, not Princess Beatrix!

:flowers:

Prince W-A and princess Maxima attended the premiere of the Dutch movie Zwartbroek today.

Pics from ANP

I hope we'll get a better view of the hair soon, I think I like it! :flowers:
The dress she wore before to the state banquet of the state visit to Argentina.

PPE/nieboer has some nice pics too. Click here for some more.
I´m still undecided about the hairdo. Maxima radiates elegance, but somehow this hair style makes her appear older.

Last edited:
I must agree...this is not a good hairdo. It looks...dare I say it..like Beatrix's?! Maybe Maxima's hairdresser got sick...and she went to her mother in law's instead?!

haha Zonk:lol:
I know that there's back to 20. or 30.'s , 40. maybe fashion but this hairdo isn't a good example. Maxima you could do much better! But the dress look good and pearls.

Last edited:
Maxima does look beautiful, but the hair is very Beatrix and I doubt it was good for the ozon layer:lol: Also the dress seems quite see trough to me in the PPE pictures. Ofcourse she is a picture of modesty next to the woman who is shuving her boobs in her face in the ANP pictures:wacko:

I'm not a fan of that hairstyle either. I like the dress, but the hair can go. Maybe if she'd worn it half-up, half-down it would have looked better.

Larzen said:
Maxima does look beautiful, but the hair is very Beatrix and I doubt it was good for the ozon layer:lol: Also the dress seems quite see trough to me in the PPE pictures. Ofcourse she is a picture of modesty next to the woman who is shuving her boobs in her face in the ANP pictures:wacko:

The name of that woman, is Carice van Houten, and I think she looks absolutely stunning!:flowers:

40´s maybe? As the movie is about the WWII? Lovely earings btw, they seem to be new ones (though I doubt if she needs more pearl earings as there should be a pile of them in the vaults at Noordeinde).

Does anybody know where the premiere was held?

-
Indeed, the main actress could have covered it up a bit, but well...dutch glamour, enough said.

I noticed the earrings too, and wondered if they were a recent gift from the Japanese Family as part of a thank you for their time, there. Of course, there is no way to know, but the Japanese IF often wear pearls and diamonds.

i would have agree with posts and Maxima would get right hairdo like 1960's or 1970's but she always more beautiful as Crown Princess

This is the first time I see a picture of WA and his wife together and SHE looks older than him!! Weird. That hairdo and those heavily made up black eyes of hers make her look ten years older than she is. her dress is great though.

Still, she looks better than lead actress Carice van Houten. As you all can guess, I'm not a fan of people who shove their naked b**bs in someone else's face.

I think this was in the Hague, by the way, correct?

The premiere was held at The Hague at the Pathe theatre.

I disagree with most of you on the hair. Yes, she may look older, but I think this style looks much better than when she has the hair hanging down, looking like she didn't style it at all...:ermm:

Thanks Maxie, for clarifying that. I thought all premieres were held in tusshinsky (amsterdam) these days, and this was obviously not tuschinsky so I was wondering...

I don´t dislike the hair either, and as the theme is WWII/40´s I think it is a nice detail of Maxima to think about that.

BTW, the couple certainly knows how to light up a room! They are both oozing joy and happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom