The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 6 (Feb 2006 - Jan 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaks a lot for these pictures, they are merveillous.... Amalia and Alexia are beautiful little girls

Wonderful family photo, thank you for sharing.

cute, happy family. Those are great family pictures.

Great pictures! Amalia and Alexia are to adorable!

-

Lovely that the 40th birthday will be celebrated in style. I wonder why though. HM The Queen never liked festivities herself, especially grand birthday celebrations. And now they are doing one for the Prince of Orange, and in the AMsterdam Arena even! I suspect that the court want to introduce us (the public) even more to him, want to show what he does (and why he deserves our respect) etc. and to prepare us that he will be our next monarch in the not to far future (but that is just me speculating).

Homage to HRH The Prince of Orange

I think that Her Majesty is so immensely proud on all of her sons and all of her daughters-in-law. They all are so gifted and talented human beings.

The Prince of Orange however, will always have a very special place in her heart. Not only is he her firstborn, the first fruit of the love-bond between her and the late Prince Claus... he is also her Heir and the next chain in the more than 600 years of Orange-Nassaus in the Netherlands.

Never has he betrayed his mother's cofidence. He has been an excellent 'Crown Prince' and he has found a wonderful asset to the royal family, maybe not entirely fully to the Queen's wishes (blueblooded etc).

Obviously the Queen finds that her son deserves a grand homage. I already noticed that Her Majesty always places him in the middle of the palace balcony at the annual Prinsjesdag, as if he is the King actually. I think the Queen does that with a purpose and that she honours him.

Long live The Prince !

prinsjesdag-2006-40.jpg

The picture is made by Chiel Simons and comes from a special page of The Hague: http://foto.denhaag.org/

Last edited:
Ohhhh, how sweet they're all four (five) specially adorable little two:wub:
I wonder which one of these cute two is more beautiful...they're so similar and so different...

I think that Maxima was little nerves during photosession...

Last edited:
christinacg said:
Amalia's resemblance to Beatrix is remarkable in that individual photo of herself!
..while little Alexia is the mirror image of Jorge Zorreguieta! Each time I see a picture of the little one I have to do a double take!

Marengo said:
Great pictures! Amalia and Alexia are to adorable!

-

Lovely that the 40th birthday will be celebrated in style. I wonder why though. HM The Queen never liked festivities herself, especially grand birthday celebrations. And now they are doing one for the Prince of Orange, and in the AMsterdam Arena even! I suspect that the court want to introduce us (the public) even more to him, want to show what he does (and why he deserves our respect) etc. and to prepare us that he will be our next monarch in the not to far future (but that is just me speculating).
Couldn't agree more. This is done very subtly, until now, with the plan for this lavish 40-ish b-day. Not sure whether the Dutch could care to celebrate the 40th of this laid-back guy. Not that they don't like Alexander, I think they actually do. He has, in recent past, stepped up and showed he cares what is going on in his society and is not without vision of where it should be going. In addition, he has been more high profile on a global scale than any of the other crown princes it seems to me. And he seems serious about what he does, wheras with some other crown princes, you watch them and suspect they'd rather be sailing or something. So in my view, Alexander is doing something right (I had my doubts in the past as some of you may remember, but he's come around quite well I have to admit that).

But still, a huge party seems a bit, well, coming out of the blue. I think people will wonder: what has he done for the world that he deserves another expensive party in ARENA. I mean, he isn't even King yet. If he was, it would be more appropriate. I don't remember Beatrix celebrating her 40th like that. Anyhow I am not sure I see the necessity of it, but anyhow.

when have gala birthday for CP W-A if have or not and will intives non-royals and also british royals also

The girls are just adorable!!! :wub:
You just want to squeeze their chubby little cheeks!!!

princess olga said:
But still, a huge party seems a bit, well, coming out of the blue. I think people will wonder: what has he done for the world that he deserves another expensive party in ARENA.

The popularity of the Prince and Princess have reached alltime heigths and the ArenA will be full without any problem. And the artists will also not hesistate to co-operate in an event which will hit between 80-90% of the ratings.

:flowers:

Indeed Princess Beatrix became 40 in 1978 but I think she did not celebrate it on great scale because her mother's celebration in 1979 was coming: Juliana 70. That was an enormous event, not with a grand gala event though. A year later in 1980 we saw the abdication amongst of heavy riots. It was a depressing time, recession, unemployment, the Cold War at his height, unsecurity, the destroying of our natural surroundings, etc. It culminated in fierce riots on the day of Queen Beatrix' investiture.

In 1988 Queen Beatrix became 50. This was celebrated too. In many cities and villages you will find a (now big) 'Beatrix Tree' as a remnant og that, but only since her 60th birthday in 1998 she has really organized a grand party again. Last year we have seen a grand concert on Dam Square, in the middle of Amsterdam, and it was a great succes too (see picture).

http://www.anp-photo.com/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=1851106

The question is :is worth spending so much money for a birthday?Or is it a benefit party?

I still think that a birthday bash for becoming 40 is a totally different thing from a 50th b-day: that's half a century!

Anyhow, it's just my opinion, and Alexander seems pretty reasonable these days and puts in an effort, so good for him. The notion of 'brood en spelen' does come to mind though, but again, Alexander is definitely not the worst royal out there: in fact he's doing quite well.

The costs of the festivities

rosana said:
The question is :is worth spending so much money for a birthday?Or is it a benefit party?

There are a few tens of thousands people member of an 'Oranjecomité' (Orange Committee) which you will find in every city and village. They do organize the annual Queen's Day activities, but often also Remembrance Day, Liberation Day and the Entrance of Saint Nicolas (the Dutch equivalent of Santa Claus).

As all the joint Orange Committees work together in a special foundation 'Prince of Orange 40 Years' and lots of the big companies with a royal link like Royal Dutch Shell Oil, Royal Philips Electronics, Royal Dutch Airlines KLM, Heineken (personally befriended with the royal family), etc. do contribute, it will be a great succes.

Of course, when it is about a gala and the invited guests, the Royal House has to pay it out of the own pocket. That has always been the case. All the costs for the housing and 'feeding' and transport of the guests during 02-02-02 (the wedding) was at the cost of the Royal House. The security was paid for by the State. The cleaning-up of the city and it's decoration was paid for by the City of Amsterdam (but that city gets an annual extra % of money from the Municipalities Fund because they are the Capital and do have this sort of costs so now and then). The ArenA party in 2002 was organized and paid by the Orange Fund.

Last edited:
On this 40th birthday celebrations I have to note that the only source is a weekly gossip magazine (Prive). I didn't read anything about it in this mornings papers for example.

Marengo said:
On this 40th birthday celebrations I have to note that the only source is a weekly gossip magazine (Prive). I didn't read anything about it in this mornings papers for example.
I thought the same. The magazine Prive isn´t really a reliable source.
Somehow I doubt that they throw a big party whilst the birth of baby nr.3 is expected for the very same space of time. I guess they celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary in style; maybe they even invite some of their “colleagues”. But unless there isn’t a confirmation I don’t believe the ArenA story.

agree

I agree, it's just Prive claiming this. I doubt this has any truth. I am sure there will be a television interview and maybe a small celebration in one of the palaces or a building, but not the Arena. Besides, by then I doubt Maxima will be able to attend long royal engagements becuz their newborn baby is by then only a few weeks old.

Prive is just guessing.

By the way, did anyone notice how good Alexander looks on these latest pictures, taken at Het Loo castle? He looks very handsome!

And yes I agree the ArenA celebrations don't seem to make sense at all in light of when their new child is due. Totally forgot about that, but what good would these celebrations be if Alexander's own spouse can't attend because she's in labor?

princess olga said:
By the way, did anyone notice how good Alexander looks on these latest pictures, taken at Het Loo castle? He looks very handsome!

And yes I agree the ArenA celebrations don't seem to make sense at all in light of when their new child is due. Totally forgot about that, but what good would these celebrations be if Alexander's own spouse can't attend because she's in labor?

Not so much. The Prince has his birthday on April 27th but this is totally outshadowed by Queen's Day, on April 30th.
:)

He will receive guests 'en cercle famille' and we will see not much from it. I think the 40th birthday will be celebrated grander because it is a crown year and it seems logical in Queen Beatrix perfectionistic planned long-term agenda. She wants to place him more and more as the natural King.

princess olga said:
Yes, I noticed too. And he seems to be a lovely father and husband. Lucky Maxima :flowers:

Originally Posted by princess olga

Yes he does looks handsome and very happy! :)

It seems WA lost some weight the last time.
He indeed looks quite good! :flowers:

I don't know Joumana.

Princess Mabel wore a design by Pucci.

I'm not sure if the Princess' coat was a Pucci as well.

Princess Máxima is no 'Queen-material' yet.

All of you will know how I do appreciate Princess Máxima et al.

But I must honestly say that she is no 'Queen-material' in her looks yet. I expect from a Queen a poised and impeccable appearance and the Princess too often makes a messy impression on me.

I must say that she hits again and again with her evening-outfits. Dazzling gowns, all three of them this week. But her daywear (day 1 with a strange brown pooh on her head, day 2 with a sort of octopus, and yesterday with her hair totally blown up...

For a Princess Máxima, okay, let me not judge too hard. But I really hope that when she is Her Majesty The Queen, she will never go out with those awful, thin, messy, bleached loose hairs blowing in her face.

happy.gif

I really hope that King Willem IV Alexander will correct her and say: "Darling, you are The Queen now! Upgrade your appearance a little bit." That does not mean she needs to wear her hair in a chignon. A bit of hairspray does wonders, as the picture below shows.

happy.gif

Click to enlarge. Source picture: http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16827

Last edited:
lucien said:
HRH The Prince of Orange will leave for Capetown,SA on november 7th for 3 days,in his capacity of Patron of the Global Water Partnership,the Prince will attend the presentation of the Human Development Report:"Power,poverty and the global water crisis".

By invitation of President Mbeki of South Africa,HRH The Prince of Orange will speech at the presentation of the Human Development Report,Capetown,thursday november 9th.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16917

HRH Princess Máxima will attend part of the Week of Young NL at the Hall of Fame,Tilburg,thursday november 9th.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16898

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom