The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - September 2004)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regina said:
For a question of burocracy they didn't change his name in the door. He was the appartment owner, but she never excepted that one day she become the future Queen of the Netherlands, so there is no big deal that their names appear together. She only rent his appartment, nothing more.

If she NEVER saw him, how can you say that they lived together??!
That's interesting. I didn't know that. In the Netherlands, magazines wrote that she was even engaged with Dieter when she met Willem-Alexander.:rolleyes: I'm happy that that story is not true. :)

In fact, she never met that man. Susan, well said!
Of course Máxima had some romances (it is known hear that she had a platonic passion for paul Newman) but saying that she Lived with Ditte (or with other) man is Not correct!
It is not correct from us to say that maxima was virgin when she married because that concern to her private life, but I think people should have respect for her and do not invent false stories!

Kisses!!!

Regina said:
In fact, she never met that man. Susan, well said!
Of course Máxima had some romances (it is known hear that she had a platonic passion for paul Newman) but saying that she Lived with Ditte (or with other) man is Not correct!
It is not correct from us to say that maxima was virgin when she married because that concern to her private life, but I think people should have respect for her and do not invent false stories!

This isn't a matter of disrespecting Máxima and no one here is inventing false stories. This is simply just clarifying information. As I have previously stated numerous articles have been written in the press saying that the couple had a relationship and that they lived together and shared an apartment in NY, there was even a photo showing their names on their mailbox.

royal _sophietje said:
Do you have read my post ??

I wrote in that post that Maxima herself issued an statement in may or june this year, denying that she and Dieter had an relationship.

I did read your post, but again you haven't provided a source as to where I can read or see that statement. If Maxima had issued a statement of any kind I am sure I would have read it at the Princess Maxima board or the benelux royals message board and I haven't.

While you may be right that Maxima has never had a relationship with Zimmerman I would like to see or read the proof for myself, as I have seen evidence that suggests the contrary.

Last edited:
If Maxima did or did not live with Zimmerman is, to my mind, irrelevant. She is neither a better nor a lesser person for that fact. Much as my Catholic teachers told me otherwise, the truth is that purity of body does in no manner necessarily mean purity of character or heart, nor vice versa. We live in the year 2004 and I, personally, am pleased that we have passed the time when Princes' could be known womanizers but their brides had to be virgins. Prince Charles--thankfully--was the last modern Prince who had to live by outdated measurements of a woman's worth.

What I see in this generation of Princes is men that have married their equals--intelectually and emotionally and, yes, even in experience--men that have valued women for the quality of their mind and character, not the purity of their bodies. These new Princesses are not show pieces--as poor, young 19-year-old Lady Diana was--but real, flesh and blood women. And that rejection of false ideals is better for all of us.

It's why I have become for the first time in my life interested in Royalty--because it is evolving and to watch the delicate balance between modernity and tradition is interesting.

And frankly, by trying to turn Maxima into some sort of innocent you kill half of her charm. She is worldy, wealthy, vivacious and disarming; therein lies her charm, not in some sanctified goodness.

Of course this all just my opinion!

lucys said:
If Maxima did or did not live with Zimmerman is, to my mind, irrelevant. She is neither a better nor a lesser person for that fact. Much as my Catholic teachers told me otherwise, the truth is that purity of body does in no manner necessarily mean purity of character or heart, nor vice versa. We live in the year 2004 and I, personally, am pleased that we have passed the time when Princes' could be known womanizers but their brides had to be virgins. Prince Charles--thankfully--was the last modern Prince who had to live by outdated measurements of a woman's worth.

What I see in this generation of Princes is men that have married their equals--intelectually and emotionally and, yes, even in experience--men that have valued women for the quality of their mind and character, not the purity of their bodies. These new Princesses are not show pieces--as poor, young 19-year-old Lady Diana was--but real, flesh and blood women. And that rejection of false ideals is better for all of us.

It's why I have become for the first time in my life interested in Royalty--because it is evolving and to watch the delicate balance between modernity and tradition is interesting.

And frankly, by trying to turn Maxima into some sort of innocent you kill half of her charm. She is worldy, wealthy, vivacious and disarming; therein lies her charm, not in some sanctified goodness.

Of course this all just my opinion!

Thank you for your sensibility lucys. I totally agree with you. What is the big deal if Maxima did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy and whether it was platonic or not? Does the fact that she might've lived with him make her a lesser person?

I can't believe that anybody would be naive enough in the year 2004 to believe that someone who got married in her late twenties/early thirties might still be a virgin or that she has had no experience with men until Willem came around.

And whatever Maxima's past, her past is what got her to where she is today: A happy life with Willem, a healthy daughter, and life as a Crown Princess of the Netherlands.

And really, she had to issue a formal and public statement about whether or not she lived with some guy? How insane is that? Whose business is it that she did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy? It's nobody's business but hers and this guys. Obviously if she did, it did not bother Willem or make him think that she would not be a good Crown Princess or future Queen because of it.

Genevieve said:
What is the big deal if Maxima did or did not live with this Zimmerman guy and whether it was platonic or not? Does the fact that she might've lived with him make her a lesser person?

Personally, it isn't a big deal if she did or didn't live with him.That's not an issue for me,it may be for others or the Zorreguietas.

***I just wanted some clarification as whether I should alter information I have on the couple.

Last edited:
Honestly, what irks me is people making moral judgements.

Maxima, W-A and Amalia in 'La Angostura'

A very very little picture of Maxima, W-A and Amalia in 'La Angostura'. :)

Link to article (spanish): http://www.rionegro.com.ar/arch200408/26/v26g07.php

f2_p37_color.jpg

Where are Willem, Maxima and Amalia now? Back in the Netherlands or in Argentina still?

in argentina, still...
they'll go soon to the netherlands

So I guess those rumours in mid-July of Maxima announcing her pregnany in "three weeks" were just that, rumours after all huh? Afterall it has been a month and a half now since those rumours. :cool:

Queen Beatrix will pay a State Visit to Argentine at the end of this year with W-A,Maxima.And i thinktht also Amila.

just rumours i think... no official news, so until that i think the best is to say that maxima isn't pregnant. also... it's too early for her to be pregnant! she has just given birth to amalia. i think we all the royal watchers would like any of the princesses to be pregnant. there had been lots of rumours of maxima and mette marit pregnant, who has also given birth to ingrid recently and also rumours for mary and letizia, who had just married... that's why all the expectations...

"it's too early for her to be pregnant! she has just given birth to amalia. "

Not really, looking back Queen Beatrix had all her children in a relatively short amount of time.

W-A- April 1967
Friso Sept.1968
Constantijn October 1969

[For the traditional Zorreguieta-Cerruti family "living together" is for the jungle people, and the most of argentine people agree with it. Hear, peolple with education, close to the Family, and with money don't live together with anyone.

Regina do you live in a church??? Please don`t show an image of Argentina which is not true at all.
It is not so big issue if Maxima had several relationships, but you don`t need to lie showing her as a saint or a virgin

From the Benelux message board
Posted by henri m.

October 6th princess Máxima will go to the cinema with scholars of VMBO-schools (junior secondary vocational education) which has a negative imago (many children with an underprivileged background, many so-called 'black schools'). The Princess will watch a movie called 'See Yourself'. The movie is intended to held up a mirror to themselves and to show society what an important and positive contribution to society is given by them. Our country can not do without cooks, bakers, plummers, carpenters, craftsmen, mechanics, etc.

With her attendance the Princess hopes to show her support for this form of education.

Picture of Willem-Alexander, Maxima and Amalia, 27 August, Patagonia (Argentina)

Attachments

• t044dh01.jpg
    t044dh01.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 300
They sure picked the coldest time to go to Patagonia! Isn't that in Chile, btw?

They are supposed to return on September 6th if I remember correctly..
For sure they will be present for Prinsjesdag.

Bubette, I think you're right.. Patagonia is in Chile..:)

Beate said:
Bubette, I think you're right.. Patagonia is in Chile..:)

No, Patagonia is in Argentina. Maxima is in Bariloche, an argentinian city

I think we are all right to a certain degree. Looked it up on google and parts of Patagonia are indeed in Chile. However, Bariloche is as you said in Argentina..:) I guess this was our geography lesson of the day..

Are Maxima, WA and Catharina Amalia back in Netherlands? If no, when are they going back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom