Queen Beatrix, Current Events 6 (August 2010 - April 2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to see the pictures of "Dutch Design - House of Orange" at Oranienbaum Palace,Saksen - Anhalt on april 25th!

Queen Beatrix has opened the 13th Holland Dance Festival in Den Haag today, January 28, 2012.

** anp gallery ** belga **

Special day tomorrow,HM will celebrate her 74th birthday in private with her family at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

Queen Beatrix attended the celebration of the 40th anniversary of The National Commission for
Sustainable Development (NCDO) in Amsterdam today, February 4, 2012.

** anp gallery ** belga ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
I love Queen Bea in the first picture, such a coy smile!

HM received the Credentials of TE:

The ambassador of the Republic of Ivory Coast,Mr.Hamza Sallah Bin Abd-Al-Kader

The ambassador of the Republic of Italy,Mr.Francesco Azzarello

The ambassador of the Holy See,Mgr.André Dupuy.

Noordeinde Palace,The Hague february 8th.

Happy Belated birthday to Queen Bea, she and Laurentein seem to get along very well! Thanks for posting the pictures.

HM The Queen will pay a State Visit to Luxembourg in march 2012.No exact dates known yet.

There are more State Visits "under construction" for later this year.:)

The State Visit to Luxembourg will be from March 20th till march 22nd.

Announcement by the Court of the Grand Duke:

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef01630122d525970d-pi

courtesy hja

HM will travel alone this time,the Prince and Princess have other obligations.

HM will probably also travel to Russia again next year.:)

Last edited:
HM arrived in Lech,Austria for the annual winter holiday.:)

Are there any photos of the winter holiday yet? Do they do an official photo shoot like the Danes?

I just read that Lech at the Arlberg due to avalanches is not longer reachable. I wonder if the queen stays on (they had an avalanche on a open ski slope yesterday in Ischgl which killed a tourist) or return by air to the Netherlands?

I just read that Lech at the Arlberg due to avalanches is not longer reachable. I wonder if the queen stays on (they had an avalanche on a open ski slope yesterday in Ischgl which killed a tourist) or return by air to the Netherlands?

No need to return due to being isolated,That doesn't say anything on the quality of the actual slopes.

I wonder about something different in her thread.Will Germany have a new president to receive HM as she will re-open Oranienstein Palace on april 25th?

Last edited:
No need to return due to being isolated,That doesn't say anything on the quality of the actual slopes.

Oh, Lucien- now we know the answer to that. So sad...

I wonder about something different in her thread.Will Germany have a new president to receive HM as she will re-open Oranienstein Palace on april 25th?

No need to worry. According to our constitution the president of the "Bundesrat", which is the second chamber of our parliament representing the Federal States is acting for the next 30 days as Bundespräsident. At the moment that president is Mr. Seehofer, the prime minister of Bavaria.

Within the next 30 days the Bundesversammlung will be invited which consists of the members of our parliament plus selected representatives from the Federal States (to which all parties with seats in the Federal parliaments send representatives, so the Danish minority in Schleswig will be represented as well). These vote for a new president, so till April we have a person (man or woman) at the top of our country. :flowers:

:imperialgermany::germanempire:
Good!! I hope his name is Georg-Friedrich von Hohenzollern,was about time Kataryn!:).......:flowers:

:imperialgermany::germanempire:
Good!! I hope his name is Georg-Friedrich von Hohenzollern,was about time Kataryn!:).......:flowers:

Hm... our president should represent all Germans, not only the Prussians...

Even though the Hohenzollern came from the South (Swabia) and were at different times very influential rulers in several southern parts of Germany they are regarded since 1866 as enemies of the South and West of Germany. That was when the Prussians fought for excluding k.u.k. Austria from its political influence in Germany and won, thus forcing the German territorries of the Habsburgs out of Germany and taking the souverainity of Bavaria, Saxony, Wuerttemberg, Hannover and a lot of other former souverain German states including Baden and Schleswig-Holstein.

This is still not forgotten, nor the fact that Prussia led Germany into WWI (with WWII only a consequence of WWI). So I doubt a Prussian prince could get the votes of the representatives of the Southern and Western Federal States and without those: no chance.

Hm... our president should represent all Germans, not only the Prussians...

Even though the Hohenzollern came from the South (Swabia) and were at different times very influential rulers in several southern parts of Germany they are regarded since 1866 as enemies of the South and West of Germany. That was when the Prussians fought for excluding k.u.k. Austria from its political influence in Germany and won, thus forcing the German territorries of the Habsburgs out of Germany and taking the souverainity of Bavaria, Saxony, Wuerttemberg, Hannover and a lot of other former souverain German states including Baden and Schleswig-Holstein.

This is still not forgotten, nor the fact that Prussia led Germany into WWI (with WWII only a consequence of WWI). So I doubt a Prussian prince could get the votes of the representatives of the Southern and Western Federal States and without those: no chance.

Tribal trivia...só out of date and time...We don't do that stuff anymore Kataryn...:whistling:.......See,even a remark as funny as the above sets a system of "Nein" .... going...grin....Archtypical of German politics:D

Apparently the next one is Mr.Hauck.

Last edited:
Tribal trivia...só out of date and time...We don't do that stuff anymore Kataryn...:whistling:.......See,even a remark as funny as the above sets a system of "Nein" .... going...grin....Archtypical of German politics:D

You're so right, Lucien, but then you're from a country that is formed from territories once belonging to the same tribes. But of course your tribes were lucky to have been able to back out of the whole Germanic problem pool at the right time. Lucky you! LOL....

HM The Queen will attend the ceremony of Remembrance of the Battle of the Java Sea 70 years ago.A fierce battle where the dutch Navy tryed to prevent Japan from invading the East Indies,present day Indonesia.

Kloosterkerk,The Hague,monday february 27th.

HM The Queen will attend the symposium on occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Judicial Cooperation Unit of the EU.

Hall of Knights,The Hague,tuesday february 28th.

Last edited:
As the Queensday 2012 thread is closed till near the date I post this here.

Preparations for Queensday 2012 go ahead as planned in the towns visited by the RF.This was announced today by the Government Information service.The press meeting and tour that was to be held one of these weeks is however postponed till a later date,in a few weeks time.But all goes ahead as planned.

Are there any photos of HM appearances from the last two days?

Are there any photos of HM appearances from the last two days?

No.The press has decided it will not take pics of HM nor the other family members under the circumstances and especially after the sad news last week regarding the condition of her son.

HM will resume her duties and engagements this monday march 5th.She will have her weekly monday council with the PM,and receive Credentials of newly appointed Ambassadors on wednesday.Her first public appearance will be next week saturday as HM will attend a concert.

Home - Het Koninklijk Huis

Wow, how brave she is!

I know its her duty and she can't put her country on the back burner, but wow!

HM will open the new Sergeant-Major Scheick barracks of the EOD explosives unit at Soesterberg,wednesday march 7th.

It will be HM first public engagement since the accident of Prince Friso as opposed to the concert this coming saturday as that,obviously,will not be her first public engagement.The concert is on occasion of the 25th jubilee of the Master Pianists program at the Concertgebouw,Amsterdam.

The State Visit to Luxembourg starting march 20th till march 22nd will go ahead as planned.

Last edited:
How difficult this must be for HM to press forward. I wonder if she will plan to visit Friso on a regular schedule, or just as she is able to make it. What hard decisions for such a regal and loving Queen, may God bless her, continually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom