Queen Beatrix, Current Events 5 (November 2008 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM Queen Beatrix and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh at the commemoration of the Liberation of Nijmegen 65 years to the day:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Koen van Weel:)

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE:)

Looks like a wonderful event. I'm glad to see these events still happen, and I hope we will see more of them. :flowers:

Looks like a wonderful event. I'm glad to see these events still happen, and I hope we will see more of them. :flowers:
These events are wonderfull,and most importantly so to the veterans.They so deserve this attention and acknowledment of their actions.We here in The Netherlands hold them dear and pass on to the children what has happened at that time.The veterans love coming here as they are pampered and looked after like nowhere else,as that is what they say,and for so many years they have whole cities for friends.:)

The queen looked very relaxed during the soccer tournament, a bit less official than usual too (perhaps because she didn't wear a hat, which she never does when she visits a sport match.
What was VVD MP Laeticia Griffith doing there btw?

HM will receive the Credentials of TE:

the ambassador of the Turkish Republic,Mr.Uaÿur Doaÿan

the ambassador of the Syrian Arab Republic,dr.Mohammed Ayman Jamil Soussan.

Noordeinde Palace,The Hague today
Het Koninklijk Huis

The Queen seems as if she is very interested, engaging and delighted to have recieved this book in the photos. I just love it when she has that "twinkle" in her eye. Interesting indeed!

HM will open the exhibition on van Gogh's letters;" van Gogh's letters,the artist speaks" at the van Gogh museum,Amsterdam wednesday october 7th.

The exhibition is organised to mark the launch of the new international edition of the letters by Vincent van Gogh that will appear both as a book as well as digital,the result of 15 years of scientific work.

Vincent van Gogh ( 1853 - 1890) left some intriguing correspondence.
The 902 letters,820 letters by and 80 letters to Vincent give an idea of
his much moved life,his strong relationship with his brother Theo and the development of his works.Very very interesting indeed.
Het Koninklijk Huis

http://www3.vangoghmuseum.nl/vgm/index.jsp

While we're at it,talking of artists/painters:

HM will hand-out the Royal Grant for Free Painting this friday at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam.The Prize,(6000 euro)was instituted
by King Willem III in 1871,and the annual tradition was upheld by Queens Wilhelmina,Juliana and now Beatrix,an acknowledged
artist herself.

This particular engagement is absolutely one of the highlights in HM's agenda,she truly is very interested and knowledgeble
and the artists are always in awe of her eye for detail.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
As an artist myself, I hope they post some of the winning artists work, especially those Her Majesty is keen upon. I would love to see her tast in art & artists.

As an artist myself, I hope they post some of the winning artists work, especially those Her Majesty is keen upon. I would love to see her tast in art & artists.

It is not HM who made the choices of artists,there is a special jury under auspicion of the Royal Palace Amsterdam.In general HM is a affeccionado of contemporary art,that is why this specific event is one of the highlights in the Royal agenda to her.You will see plenty of pics of HM walking along and talking too the artists discussing their works.She's never in a hurry on this occasion.

On another note,I am glad the Royal Grant is back where it belongs,the Royal Palace here in Amsterdam,as that was closed for years due to extensive restauration inside.Now it is still completely under scaffolding as they try to clean the outside back to the original 16th century colour.The last few years the Royal Grant was awarded at the municipal museum,The Hague,not quiet the same...:)

The Royal Grant for Free Painting:

http://www.paleisamsterdam.nl/en/koninklijke-prijs/

funny...:
http://www.paleisamsterdam.nl/en/koninklijke-prijs/uitreikingen/attachment/anp-921810-2/

Last edited:
HM will open the exhibition on van Gogh's letters;" van Gogh's letters,the artist speaks" at the van Gogh museum,Amsterdam wednesday october 7th.

The exhibition is organised to mark the launch of the new international edition of the letters by Vincent van Gogh that will appear both as a book as well as digital,the result of 15 years of scientific work.

Vincent van Gogh ( 1853 - 1890) left some intriguing correspondence.
The 902 letters,820 letters by and 80 letters to Vincent give an idea of
his much moved life,his strong relationship with his brother Theo and the development of his works.Very very interesting indeed.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Van Gogh Museum - Alfred Stevens

While we're at it,talking of artists/painters:

HM will hand-out the Royal Grant for Free Painting this friday at the Royal Palace,Amsterdam.The Prize,(6000 euro)was instituted
by King Willem III in 1871,and the annual tradition was upheld by Queens Wilhelmina,Juliana and now Beatrix,an acknowledged
artist herself.

This particular engagement is absolutely one of the highlights in HM's agenda,she truly is very interested and knowledgeble
and the artists are always in awe of her eye for detail.
Het Koninklijk Huis

HM at the van Gogh Museum today:

PPE Agency
courtesy ppe

It is not HM who made the choices of artists,there is a special jury under auspicion of the Royal Palace Amsterdam.In general HM is a affeccionado of contemporary art,that is why this specific event is one of the highlights in the Royal agenda to her.You will see plenty of pics of HM walking along and talking too the artists discussing their works.She's never in a hurry on this occasion.

On another note,I am glad the Royal Grant is back where it belongs,the Royal Palace here in Amsterdam,as that was closed for years due to extensive restauration inside.Now it is still completely under scaffolding as they try to clean the outside back to the original 16th century colour.The last few years the Royal Grant was awarded at the municipal museum,The Hague,not quiet the same...:)

The Royal Grant for Free Painting:

Royal Awards for Painting – Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam

funny...:
Uitreiking van de Koninklijke Schildersprijs 1992 – Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam

Royal Grants for Free Painting,Royal Palace,Amsterdam today:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

I bet HM was relieved to know her granddaughter was home safely again too.:)

Great photos, Q Bea looks like she really enjoys this art exhibit/display. Thanks Lucien for explaining how the winners were chosen, and the venue being back where it belongs.

All the years the city of Otawa receives a present from the Royal Dutch Family. It consists in thousands of tulips for the parks and others places in the capital of Canada. Is there anybody who knows about it? What is the origine of this anual present? Thanks.

I've been searching in the web and I read that this gift has its origine in a gesture of the canadians for the Royal Family. During the second world war Queen Juliana with her family lived in the Government House in Otawa. With the end of the war and the return to Holland, the Queen gave this present to the city. The canadian army also helped for the liberation of the Netherlands from the nazis. These history connections are so important.:canflag::dutchflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucien, if you can tell, what is HM Bea holding in the 3rd picture at the opening of the ROC College in Hengelo, it looks like a knife on a statue pedestal? (I dont speak/read Dutch, so i could not understand what text was posted with the photos.) Thanks in advance.

Lucien, if you can tell, what is HM Bea holding in the 3rd picture at the opening of the ROC College in Hengelo, it looks like a knife on a statue pedestal? (I dont speak/read Dutch, so i could not understand what text was posted with the photos.) Thanks in advance.
It is a handle with which by switching it HM opened the College.

The building on itself is an old one,it once housed one of the great dutch companies anyone believed would be around till eternity.
Before the invention of mergers and interim managers that is,it was Stork,metal and innovative machinery.Huge company globally.

HM holds an old handle of the Stork factory as a symbol referring to that time to open a new life to the building,
as well as to the students of the college.:)

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=14-10-2009%20Hengelo

courtesy ppe

Last edited:
Oh, thank you so much for the reply. We use an expression to "throw the switch" meaning turning the electricity on or off by a lever such as this one. I understand, thanks again for your explaination. (Can you imagine images of HM Bea with a knife stabbing something, ha!)

The queen looks great today in black- I love the jacket, it slimming on her. Good to see Her Majesty out and about.

HM will attend part of the Global Assembly of the Club of Rome,Amsterdam,monday october 26th.

This years theme is;" Climate,Energy and Economic recovery",Michael Gorbatsjov,former President of the Soviet Union,will speech.

Het Koninklijk Huis

President Venetiaan of Surinam said that a state visit by queen Beatrix would be much appreciated, to ease the relations between Surinam and the Netherlands. The queen did attend the independence of Surinam in the 70-ties, but after that never visited the country again. If Desi Bouterse doesn't win the elections it might be a good idea indeed, although apparently the ministairy of foreign affairs is afraid that the Queen;s visit will cause emonstrations against The Netherlands.

They are not afraid for demonstrations against The Netherlands,one doesn't want for HM to have to shake hands with narcotica king Desi Bouterse thus putting her in a truly impossible situation,the populist golddigger & so-called leader of the people.........the leader of the people...my foot...tell me who your leader is and I tell you what people you are,as an aside of tell me who your friends are,and I tell you who you are.That country,who's largest chunk of people live here,in The Netherlands,is in shambles due to Bouterse and his croonies & other subsequent incompetent no-bodies.That Mugabe of south-america.

Now they want HM to visit? Oh really?

What they do want is money,and money solo,beggars,and just that,and a chance for Bouterse to fool HM.
Let those idiots in Suri first have the guts to arrest that killer and bring him to trial,no dutch Monarch will
visit that rediculous but beautifull and lazy piece of land any sooner than after that has been settled.

For the foreigners among us who don't know the history.

After their independence in 1975 Surinam at first did reasonably well,but that was until that aforementioned crapule had a coup 'd- Etat and had 8 of his political opponents murdered at Fort Zeelandia in Paramaribo,participating in the actual killing himself.He was in charge of feasting on the government money and drugtrafficking big time and demanding billions from the dutch for years....Yeah,right.

I am probably the only one on the Boards and Forums who have met him,had too,he was my sport instructor while I was in the army 36 years ago at Havelte (when my compagny was on a special assignment there as that is one of the places our US friends put us up with nuclear weapons,for safekeeping just in case....but that was in the Cold War era),a mere sergeant,nothing more but already flipflopping with all sorts of asides besides dear Ingrid,his now ex-wife.Oh,really,as long as that country doesn't have the guts to arrest him,no-one will take them seriously.Seriously.
But no-one will as everyone saying they are someone down there got there because of him in the first place.

Pocket filling cry babies.I do not hold them in such high esteem,they do not deserve that.

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Suriname hopes for visit by Queen Beatrix

courtesy hja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom