Queen Beatrix, Current Events 5 (November 2008 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM The Queen attends the meeting:" Connected in Freedom" in Utrecht today.

Six different religions and philosophical streams,Hinduism,Christianity,Judaism,Budhism,Islam and Humanism,
participate in asking attention for tolerance and respect for the views of others.

It is the fourth in a row of meetings started on occasion of HM's Silver Jubilee in 2005,and at the base is the Union of Utrecht,1579,
when the northern part of our Republic agreed on a eternal bondon freedom of religion and respect for different ways of life.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=25-01-2010%20Utrecht

courtesy ppe

Last edited:
HM bestowed the Honorary Cross in the House Order of Orange to Professor F.C. de Ruyter,Professor of Art
and Director of the Academy of Arts,Leiden.

Paleis Huis ten Bosch,friday january 29th

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages:)

02-02-2010 Vlissingen: Queen Beatrix at the naming of the patrol ship
''Holland'' in Vlissingen. The patrol ship is build by Damen Schelde Naval
Shipbuilding (DSNS).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

More pics from today:

10-02-2010 Kinderdijk : Queen Beatrix at the naming of the sleephopperzuiger
(dredge ship)Willem van Oranje in Kinderdijk. The ship, 137 m long and 28 m
weight and a capacity of 12.000 m³, was build on the shipyard of IHC
Merwede for Koninklijke Boskalis Westminster N.V.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
HM The Queen and Prince Constantijn and his family have a wonderfull and quiet winter holiday in Lech at the moment.

There will be no photo session.

Apparently the RVD (government information service) is now angry at the ORF (Austrian public television), because they dared to show the arrival of the Queen to Lech... sigh. I believe the whole media code was set up for the daughters of the CP, and since they are in Vancouver I don't see the point here.... and when did the Queen ever do a photo session? Once a year (or every two years now) in Lech....

Apparently the RVD (government information service) is now angry at the ORF (Austrian public television), because they dared to show the arrival of the Queen to Lech... sigh. I believe the whole media code was set up for the daughters of the CP, and since they are in Vancouver I don't see the point here.... and when did the Queen ever do a photo session? Once a year (or every two years now) in Lech....

That is strange indeed,the arrival has been filmed by the Austrians ever since the first time Juliana and Bernhard took the children there,
so that's for decades now.Even hja is wondering about this as he twitters on it and calls it a disgrace (Schande) .

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2010/02/boos-over-opnamen-aankomst-koningin.html

Last edited:
Not exactly a current event,but nice to watch all the same in this winter holiday time of year.
The documentary: Beatrix at 70...from two years ago...

Player omroep.nl

:flowers:

There will be no photo session.
Oh that's too bad. I was hoping for some pictures of Constantien's family and the Queen. It's too bad they don't do a photoshoot. Is it only because the family of WA isn't there?

According to ANP, the Dutch government just fell a few minutes ago due to disagreements between Labour and the Christian Democrats about extention of a mission to Uruzgan (Afghanistan). This means that HM will have to return from Lech early, to accept the resignation from the prime minister. We will have early elections and after that probably the most difficult government formation of HM's reign. It is expected that the fascist party will become the 2nd party of the country.

ETA. I am watching the statement of the prime minister, he will go to the queen later today. The Labour party will leave the government immidiately.

Last edited:
According to ANP, the Dutch government just fell a few minutes ago due to disagreements between Labour and the Christian Democrats about extention of a mission to Uruzgan (Afghanistan). This means that HM will have to return from Lech early, to accept the resignation from the prime minister. We will have early elections and after that probably the most difficult government formation of HM's reign. It is expected that the fascist party will become the 2nd party of the country.

ETA. I am watching the statement of the prime minister, he will go to the queen later today. The Labour party will leave the government immidiately.

THE PVV isn't my party either,but it isn't a fascist party.At all.Just very right from the center,that's it.I compare it with that awfull LPF and it's horrible folks.Now Wilders will certainly take the lead in the elections,he already has 30 seats in the Second Chamber if one believes the polls.But as the municipal elections are due in two weeks time,and Wilders only "plays" in 4 cities and he had a hard time getting people for that,then how on earth will he live up to the electorate when he does get 30 seats....?
All craze of the day,they'll be gone in say two years time as everyone will be sick and tired of 'm,just like the LPF and that obnoxious
queen Fortuyn.Anyway,brace yourself for a rough political ride...:ermm:

No,I didn't like this Cabinet,at all,but what is coming now isn't better it's worse.

It is not out of the ordinary for a Monarch to return home earlyer from a holiday due to a government crisis.The late Queen Juliana saw so many different cabinets in the 1960's en 1970's she had to come back almost as a routine,or so it seemed,for several years.It's all part of the job.

Last edited:
Apparently HM did not fly home yet, but she was telephoned by the prime minister. On monday the consultations will start, I suppose the most logical option is to get some Christian Democrats or Christian Union members to fill in the Labour posts and the next elections at the end of May or the beginning of June.

Apparently HM did not fly home yet, but she was telephoned by the prime minister. On monday the consultations will start, I suppose the most logical option is to get some Christian Democrats or Christian Union members to fill in the Labour posts and the next elections at the end of May or the beginning of June.

No,she didn't return immediatly.She's seen this happening with Balkenende 4 times now and she's not in a hurry for him.

HM will start talks with all the different players in this political game at Noordeinde Palace today.HM will be advised what would be the best possible solution for now untill the new elections.After the talks HM will decide by what has the broadest support in Parliament and/or is the most urgent at present to maintain a balance.

Last edited:
Geert Wilders was 15 minutes late for his meeting with Her Majesty. Considering the Limbourgian anti-islam charlatan is the one who is talking about respect, order and such, he might follow his own ideas next time.

If he did that to me I would refuse to receive the chap,saying i had a ( diplomatic) cold or something...The bloody nerve.:sad:

And again intruders climbed over the gates of Noordeinde Palace as well as the Royal Mews,The Hague.First two youngsters aged 19 and 21,then an hour later a Czech guy and a woman did the same.All were arrested by the Royal Constabulary Forces.They probably had nothing
in mind in terms of
doing any harm to the Royal Family,but they are questioned nonetheless.

The Royal Family hasn't been in danger,but I don't like it one bit that people try and get away with it so easily.Too easily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Queensday Thread is still closed two months before the event takes place,the City of Apeldoorn where last years drama unfolded announced this week that Queensday 2010 will be celebrated festive yet sober.

On the eve of Queensday a monument for the victims will be unveiled.

On Queensday there will be aidworkers present at the Needle,the monument into which Karst Tates crashed his car in an attempt to attack our Royal Family,and killing so many innocent people in the proces.

Meanwhile it is clear that the village of Wemeldinge and the city of Middelburg will see a maximum security unparellelled for any event before,as was announced a while ago.No chances are left in the open,it will be all check and double-check with hundreds of police around as well as those in civil clothing of the terrorism agency and the Royal Constabulary Force.The Royal Family will be able to move about as we're used to on this day of all haydays,and mingle,chat,laugh and rejoice that we here still have this event at all and in such numbers.

HM The Queen,and the PM,will receive the Olympic Medal winners at Huis ten Bosch Palace on wednesday march 3rd.

HM The Queen,and the PM,will receive the Olympic Medal winners at Huis ten Bosch Palace on wednesday march 3rd.

Huis ten Bosch Palace today.

HM The Queen and HRH The Prince of Orange received the dutch Olympic Medal winners.

Gold Medalists Mark Tuitert,Sven Kramer and Nicoline Sauerbrij have been created Knight/Dame in the Order of the Dutch Lion.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe:flowers:

HM The Queen and HRH The Prince of Orange received the aid workers & rescue teams that recently were send to Haiti after the earthquake that left hundreds of thousands dead.

Huis ten Bosch Palace,march 10th.

Pics 11.3.2010

German Chancellor Angela Merkel smiles during a meeting with Queen
Beatrix of the Netherlands in The Hague March 11, 2010. Merkel is on
one-day official visit to Holland.

Nice to see these two leading ladies together :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Oh, Queen looks amazing at all photos!:flowers:
I should admit Queen Beatrix always films very well!

HM and Princess Máxima attended the jubilee on occasion of the 100th
anniversary of the Royal Institute for the Tropics,Amsterdam,today.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe:flowers:

Last edited:
HM will attend the opening of the Model European Parliament at the Kloosterkerk,The Hague,monday march 22nd.

The Model EU Parliament is a roleplay for youngsters aiming at raising political awareness with youth.
The Model EUP was founded in The Netherlands in 1990 and this years edition will host 165 members,
youth from all EU members states and three candidate states for 6 days.

http://mepnederland.nl/

22-03-2010 The Hague : Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the
32nd international conference of the Model European Parliament in
the Kloosterchurch in The Hague. The Model European Parliament is
a role play of students acting as a member of the Europian Parliament.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

HM will attend the jubilee on occasion of the 125th anniversary of the National tourist information service VVV
that was founded on februari 22nd 1885 in the town of Valkenburg a/d/ Geul in the Province of Limburg.

HM will open an exhibition of Modern Art at the Castle Ruins of Valkenburg after which she will attend the
festive program in the Municipal Caves with,ao,a concert by the dutch André Rieu Orchestra.

The program will be aired tonight at Ned2 from 18.50 - 19.25PM.

The official South Limburg tourist information website.

http://www.gemeentegrot.nl/index.php?lang=en

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom