Queen Beatrix, Current Events 5 (November 2008 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this happen in the green salon? Nice to see one of the lesser used rooms again.

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix is always so jovial and happy, I forget that she is still a grieving widow. Clearly she still misses her beloved Claus very much.

Good to see them all together.

Sereta, I couldnt agree with you more. I just love seening the Dutch Royal family all together at this event, they are amongst one of my very favorite of all the European royal families.

Last edited:
HM and TRH attended the Kingdom Day concert at the Stadstheater,Zoetermeer last night.December 15th is Kingdom Day in The Netherlands but goes by unnoticed by the majority as Queensday is the DAY of DAYS for all of us here to party and rejoice and celebrate our RF and what it stands for.:)

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy royalimages.:)

Video of the Kingdom concert.

Het Koninklijk Huis

There has been some criticism in the online media about the speech of HM. In her christmas message she warned about sites like Hyves, Facebook etc (without mentioning them of course), as it has disadvantages too: you meet less people in real lie etc.

Hyves now offered to give HM her own profile on the website, while other blogs etc. say that these social sites actially can add positive things to your life.

Loved the christmas picture of Queen Beatrix, she looks lovely.

A new photo exhibition about queen Beatrix in Soestdijk Palace:

PPE Agency

HM will attend the dinner at the Vienna City Hall of the Trilateral Academic Centre of European Studies,Vienna,this evening.

The Centre is a cooperation between Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya in Israel,the Royal Institute for Inter Faith Studies,Amman Jordan and the Palestinian Al-Quds University in East-Jeruzalem and is sponsored by the German Foreign Office.The center offers students from Israel,Jordan and Palestine a joint course European Studies aiming at learning more about the EU and enhancing contact and mutual understanding.All students follow courses at the Heinrich Heine University,Düsseldorf,Germany.

The dinner aims at drawing international attention to this study concept.
Among the speakers at the dinner is HM´s dear and close friend HRH Prince Hassan bin Talal of Jordan while Austrian President Heinz Fischer will be in attendance as well together with 460 prominent guests from all over Europe and the Middle-East.

It is these kind of initiatives,small scale but high profile,that should be an example of a way to come closer to peacefull co/existence and eventually peace in the region.Hope.There´s trouble in the region since biblical days.About time it stops.

The initiative for the TACES was one of HM's late husband Prince Claus and his dear old friend Avi Primor,former Israeli ambassador to Germany.The two met while both stationed as diplomats in Ivory Coast,Africa and became life-time friends.HM has always strongly supported this cause.

When Avi met Claus von Amsberg,late fifties,he didn't know what to think of this "german" as he said himself once.Avi,being jewish,had his whole maternal side of the family murdered by the nazi's.His mother had moved from Frankfurt to Palestine in 1932,his father was the son of dutch immigrants.But gradually Claus knew how to take away any prejudice with Avi and when Claus married our beloved Beatrix,he was Claus's best man,one of the witnesses.Besides his own family,and HM ofcourse,no-one knew Prince Claus as well as Avi Primor did.The above project was theirs too.Two idealists who knew how to create a realistic scheme to add to the road to peace in a troubled region.

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix attending the Middle East Gala, at the
Vienna City Hall, Vienna, Austria on 10 January 2010.
She's pictured with Prince Hassan of Jordan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Queen Beatrix attending the Middle East Gala, at the
Vienna City Hall, Vienna, Austria on 10 January 2010.
She's pictured with Prince Hassan of Jordan.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Thank you Iceflower!:)

Pic no. one,a fabulous Lady,pic no. two,HM in a bid to hold back going in stitches over something...or ,I think,...someone...she has that "naughty" look.I love the combination of diamonds and aquamarines,the latter once belonged to her beloved mother.

Ah, I now notice it too, she is combining a diamond riviere with an aquamarine pendant. Nice that she is somewhat experimenting. The aquamarine earrings do not belong to Juliana's aquamarine parure I think, but they might have been a gift from Prince Bernhard.

HM will attend the dinner at the Vienna City Hall of the Trilateral Academic Centre of European Studies,Vienna,this evening.

The Centre is a cooperation between Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya in Israel,the Royal Institute for Inter Faith Studies,Amman Jordan and the Palestinian Al-Quds University in East-Jeruzalem and is sponsored by the German Foreign Office.The center offers students from Israel,Jordan and Palestine a joint course European Studies aiming at learning more about the EU and enhancing contact and mutual understanding.All students follow courses at the Heinrich Heine University,Düsseldorf,Germany.

The dinner aims at drawing international attention to this study concept.
Among the speakers at the dinner is HM´s dear and close friend HRH Prince Hassan bin Talal of Jordan while Austrian President Heinz Fischer will be in attendance as well together with 460 prominent guests from all over Europe and the Middle-East.

It is these kind of initiatives,small scale but high profile,that should be an example of a way to come closer to peacefull co/existence and eventually peace in the region.Hope.There´s trouble in the region since biblical days.About time it stops.

The initiative for the TACES was one of HM's late husband Prince Claus and his dear old friend Avi Primor,former Israeli ambassador to Germany.The two met while both stationed as diplomats in Ivory Coast,Africa and became life-time friends.HM has always strongly supported this cause.

When Avi met Claus von Amsberg,late fifties,he didn't know what to think of this "german" as he said himself once.Avi,being jewish,had his whole maternal side of the family murdered by the nazi's.His mother had moved from Frankfurt to Palestine in 1932,his father was the son of dutch immigrants.But gradually Claus knew how to take away any prejudice with Avi and when Claus married our beloved Beatrix,he was Claus's best man,one of the witnesses.Besides his own family,and HM ofcourse,no-one knew Prince Claus as well as Avi Primor did.The above project was theirs too.Two idealists who knew how to create a realistic scheme to add to the road to peace in a troubled region.

Sorry to correct you, but he wasn' Claus' best man. Avi and his first wife (she died early) cancelled the wedding because of the boycott of the Dutch Jewish Community. He wrote a letter with poor excuses (like he said), but Claus understood it, and wrote back that he would have be wondered if they would attend. But shortly after the wedding they were invited to Drakensteyn and were confused how to adress Beatrix, because at the one had she was the future heir, but at the other hand she was the wife of a dear old friend. But when they arrived at Drakensteyn, Beatrix was already waiting and came to them with open arms and said "You must be Avi and ... [I really cannot remember what was the name of his wife. I think it was Mikki??? not sure who to write it:ermm:]. I am Beatrix!" She made a statement: The friends of her husband are her friends. No class conceits! One year later Beatrix and Claus even offered to take the twins of Avi with them while Israel was on the verge of a war (they repeat the bid 6 years later at the time of the Yom Kippur War) in 1967.

Thank you anirac!
Ofcourse you are right,there was an awful lot of prejudice and upheaval in the jewish community here.In all sorts of communities btw,as Claus was a german and really,so short after the war.....people got very very mean,but...all had to swallow their words once Prince Claus got out in the open and mingled and listened.Due to his personality the Prince was soon a welcome guest at the Synagoge on haydays and became hugely respected.Ah yes,the how to address Trix story!Hearing it from Avi Primor was sooo funny.A extraordinary combination of intelligence and wit,and lots of the latter.:flowers:

Thank you for the info. anirac, I always thought they only became friends after Claus married Beatrix. And this is the first time I hear that Avi Primor was invited as a witness. if he would have gone I suppose it would have changed the negative perception some had of Claus (as a German) earlier.
-
The upheaval wasn't only in the jewish community but also by other parts in society. People involved in the resistance and others that lived during the Nazi occupation. I don't think people got 'mean' perse, but let's say that not all wounds of the war had healed (and some never would). Fortunately prince Claus proved them wrong and became the most respected member of the royal family.

Thank you for the info. anirac, I always thought they only became friends after Claus married Beatrix. And this is the first time I hear that Avi Primor was invited as a witness. if he would have gone I suppose it would have changed the negative perception some had of Claus (as a German) earlier.
-
The upheaval wasn't only in the jewish community but also by other parts in society. People involved in the resistance and others that lived during the Nazi occupation. I don't think people got 'mean' perse, but let's say that not all wounds of the war had healed (and some never would). Fortunately prince Claus proved them wrong and became the most respected member of the royal family.

It wouldn't have helped if Avi Primor had come really,contrary,the moods in specifically the jewish community would have "boiled over".Avi Primor,a Israeli diplomat,wasn't allowed by his government to attend,German - Israeli relations were fairly non-existent at the time and IIRC were handled by the Swiss embassy.Yes,I did mention others who resisted or were right down anti Claus for being the umptiest german and/or for coming from the "nazi country" .20 Years after the war?Most here were still fulminating against Germany,too short a time to heal wounds,severe wounds,and many never healed.And ofcourse it was the provo time,they were against anything concerning anything official or order,hence the smoke bomb on their wedding day.
But Claus and Beatrix won,due to their personality.

Sometimes his eldest son is under flack for this that or another thing,but really,it is nothing compared to what his father,Prince Claus,had to endure.Actually,both his parents had to endure as Beatrix,the Crown Princess,was seen as stubborn,arrogant and haughty.They got so much flack many were surprised they insisted on marrying at all,Prince Claus came to a point he wanted to give up his love,and Trix,just to calm emotions.

Good thing he stayed,and proved that nothing changes so fast as the mood of the people,the vox populi as I call it,and nothing had me more inclined to ignore populist cry babies ever after.

They really had to fight for their love,and for the love of the country.It was amazing,it was brave.

By invitation of HM King Harald V HM Queen Beatrix will pay a State Visit to Norway from june 1st till june 3rd.

For more on the visit please visit the appropiate site at the Norwegian thread.Takk.

HM will attend the opera "Albert Herring" at the Royal Conservatory,The Hague this evening.

On occasion of the 90th anniversary of the Education Councill students of the Dutch National Opera Academy,
the opera class of the Royal Conservatory The Hague and the Conservatory of Amsterdam will perform this opera.

90 Years Education Council:

English

HM will attend the opera "Albert Herring" at the Royal Conservatory,The Hague this evening.

Queen Beatrix attends on Thursday 21th January at the Royal Conservatory
in The Hague the implementation of the opera Albert Herring to mark the
90th anniversary of the council of Education.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

On occasion of the 90th anniversary of the Education Councill students of the Dutch National Opera Academy,
the opera class of the Royal Conservatory The Hague and the Conservatory of Amsterdam will perform this opera.

90 Years Education Council:

English

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom