Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Welcome to the 7th thread for Queen Beatrix of Netherlands' current events

The previous thread can be found here

Please post current news and pictures of Queen Beatrix in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

June 04, 2007 HM Queen Beatrix at the opening of the Euromedlab 2007,
an International Congress for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory medicine,
at the RAI Congress Centre, Amsterdam.

Pictures: PPE Agency

thanks for keeping us updated, Watcher!
HM is certainly recycling everything lately...

HM will hand out the Silver Carnations today,at Noordeinde Palace.In the evening she,in the company of TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien,will attend the european premiere of the "Bintou Were",the Sahel opera,Amsterdam.

The opera finds its origin in an idea of the late Prince Claus and is sponsored by the Prince Claus Foundation,The Republic of Mali and Théâter du Châtelet,Paris.

The opera had its world premiere in Bamako,Mali on february 17th in the presence of the Co-Chairs of the PCF,TRH Prince Friso and Prince Constantijn and their spouses.

HM handed out the Silver Carnations at Noordeinde Palace today,awarded to people who voluntarily have made exceptional efforts in the field of nature and cultural preservation in The Netherlands,The Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.

She looks great. Seems to be a busy day for her. First the Silveren Anjers, then a meeting with the Nobel Peace Prize Winner Prof. Wangari Maathai and her daughter Warijira Maathai (on the far right of this picture)

ANP Beeldbank

And tonight the Sahelopera.

What a workload. Amirable!!!

She does look great. Wonder who her new tailor is these days since the old one, her favorite, retired. Anyone know?

HM attending the opera Bintou Were,Amsterdam last night.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/v/d Werf.

HM opened the Art&Theater centre "De Kunstlinie" at the city of Almere yesterday,june 8th.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Buys.

HM will be out & about in the northern province of Groningen and the island of Schiermonnikoog (just try and pronounce that!;) )today with a full day schedule.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Ah, Groningen must be pleased, I read today in 'De Pers' that the province was neglected by the politicians during their tour of 100 days through the country. Much to the outcry of Johan Remkes (parlementairian from Groningen).

This is an especially nice picture of HM, looking at a portrait of her mother in Almere: From PPE

I believe HM attended a lecture of Sonia Gandhi somewhere in The Netherlands a few days ago, but I can't figure out, when and were exactly, neither did I see any pictures of the lecture (not online or in newspapers).

Marengo said:
I believe HM attended a lecture of Sonia Gandhi somewhere in The Netherlands a few days ago, but I can't figure out, when and were exactly, neither did I see any pictures of the lecture (not online or in newspapers).

I read she was there with Friso and Mabel, but I can't find a picture of them. Just of HM. Stylish as always.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Between it was last Saturday at the university of Tilburg.

Thank you anirac! I agree, HM looks wonderfull indeed. I do wonder why Sonia Gandhi was there, perhaps the received some sort of decoration from the university? It should have been an interesting lecture anyway...

Marengo said:
Thank you anirac! I agree, HM looks wonderfull indeed. I do wonder why Sonia Gandhi was there, perhaps the received some sort of decoration from the university? It should have been an interesting lecture anyway...

Nexus Instituut | Home

Het Koninklijk Huis

TRH Prince Friso and Princess Mabel were also in attendance.

Marengo said:
Ah, Groningen must be pleased, I read today in 'De Pers' that the province was neglected by the politicians during their tour of 100 days through the country. Much to the outcry of Johan Remkes (parlementairian from Groningen).

Het Koninklijk Huis

The photographers certainly love pictures of Beatrix backprofile (helmet and hat), there have been so many of them since the first one in Egypt won a national prize... :). Anyway, good to so HM, even from the back.

-
Thanks for posting a link to the lecture Lucien!

Marengo said:
The photographers certainly love pictures of Beatrix backprofile (helmet and hat), there have been so many of them since the first one in Egypt won a national prize... :). Anyway, good to so HM, even from the back.

-
Thanks for posting a link to the lecture Lucien!

HM in Groningen today:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/v/d Werf.

She seemed to have a lot of fun there.:flowers:
She also had a few advice for the residents: Schiermonnikoog must have a big problems with savaged cats. HM said that you needn't shoot them, but you can catch them with fish and valerian. The origin advice was from her husband, she added. Very animal-friendly. :flowers:

Between I love this picture

ANP Beeldbank

One Penny for her thoughts (Gosh boys, where you got these heats?!?):D

lucien said:
HM in Groningen today:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/v/d Werf.

During her walk-about on the island of Schiermonnikoog HM met and kissed Sophie,Baroness van Randwijck (83),whose late husband,Thijs Booij,was private secretary of Princess Wilhelmina from 1952 till 1962.The baroness also was employed at the Court of the late Princess.

Then Princess Beatrix was her bridesmaid at their wedding in 1954.
courtesy hja's Royalblog.

Funny to see the former ministers of transportation, some of them belonged to the most hated persons in the country for a while ;). Esp. good to see Carla Peijs again, one of the most likable politicians IMHO.
-
The first trainride on this route had to be shortened btw, as protesters occupied part of the railwaytrack.

Funny to see the former ministers of transportation, some of them belonged to the most hated persons in the country for a while ;).
my thoughts exactly, lol!
-
The first trainride on this route had to be shortened btw, as protesters occupied part of the railwaytrack.
you know, considering all the controversy over this project in the last, what, decade, I have to say I was a bit surprised that HM lent herself to officially open the darned thing - :ohmy:

but it's great to see her as always - thanks everyone, Lucien, Anirac, Marengo especially, for keeping us informed with lovely pictures of a great queen! :flowers::flowers:

I know this is quite random but, does Queen Beatrix know about the good [Dutch] sumaratin [maybe I'm reading too much into things but his last name is de Waard], who put his life on the line to save a [Melbourne, Aussie] woman? The dutch man was shot in the chest and lost up to 10L of blood. The whole city/CentralBusinessDistrict was shut down. There was this massive man hunt for the shooter [was a bikie member]. The shooter is in police custody now.

I know this is quite random but, does Queen Beatrix know about the good [Dutch] sumaratin [maybe I'm reading too much into things but his last name is de Waard], who put his life on the line to save a [Melbourne, Aussie] woman? The dutch man was shot in the chest and lost up to 10L of blood. The whole city/CentralBusinessDistrict was shut down. There was this massive man hunt for the shooter [was a bikie member]. The shooter is in police custody now.

HM is very well informed and no doubt she knows about the incident.Paul de Waard is quite a hero in Australia isn't he?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom