Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM and Princess Laurentien attended the conference on "Early Childhood Development",Kurhaus,Scheveningen last night.

Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Last edited:
Beatrix openend a new bio-energy production plant
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited by a moderator:
HM will receive PM Viktor Zoebkov of Russia at Huis ten Bosch Palace today during his one-day economic mission to The Netherlands.

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

Last edited:
HM will receive PM Viktor Zoebkov of Russia at Huis ten Bosch Palace today during his one-day economic mission to The Netherlands.

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

Isn't Putin Prime Minister as of today? Talk about a power hungry fool who would like to return us all to the dark ages. None the less, it seems a bit odd that the old PM would be meeting with the Queen just days before he leaves office.

Isn't Putin Prime Minister as of today? Talk about a power hungry fool who would like to return us all to the dark ages. None the less, it seems a bit odd that the old PM would be meeting with the Queen just days before he leaves office.

Dear Vladimir isn't Prime-Minister yet,but he is nominated by President Medvedev,so yes he is.......:ohmy:

He also expanded the powers for a Russian PM before he left the presidency to Medvedev.The real power behind the Russian "Throne".All we have to do is to sit and wait till Medvedev sees his chance and sends Vladimir to his datcha in the country,to stay put there,like all dear old russian power infested fairy tales end:lol:

The thing with Russia in this present day is that they keep on using ancient methods,in everything.

HM will attend the jubilee of the Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences at the Beurs van Berlage,Amsterdam,tomorrow,may 8th.

The Academy was founded by King Louis Napoleon in 1808.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Het Koninklijk Huis

Courtesy RVD/Hendrik-Jan van Beek.

Last edited:
Yes well, Putin would love nothing better than to see himself become a reincarnation of Stalin I think.

HM The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven
will attend the gala dinner for the Corps Diplomatique at the Hall of Knights,The Hague tonight.
The annual dinner is hosted by the Dutch Foreign Office.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Oh that will be nice. It seems like HM is fully recovered from her bout with the flu!

HM The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange,Princess Máxima,Princess Margriet and Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven
will attend the gala dinner for the Corps Diplomatique at the Hall of Knights,The Hague tonight.
The annual dinner is hosted by the Dutch Foreign Office.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Will there be any pictures released on this event, or is it private? (just asking as I haven't been able to find any pictures anywhere yet)

Will there be any pictures released on this event, or is it private? (just asking as I haven't been able to find any pictures anywhere yet)

No it's not a private event,it is official representation,but nonetheless,a picture or more is never released on this annual dinner.Pitty.

A few days ago in Drenthe a reporter asked what was HM' s 'secret' that she was able to have enough energy to make it through Queensday and all the other events in those few days. Her reply: 'Just get up in the morning and keep walking'.

Source: royalblog.nl

Yesterday HM was in AMsterdam for the 200th anniversary of the KNAW (Royal Dutch Academy of Science) in the Beurs van Berlage.

Beatrix getting out of the car

Receiving a book

Royal wave

Nice necklace from Bonebakker

--

At another board they suspect the absence of pictures of the dinner for the corpse diplomatique might have something to do with the image that the RF wants to project of themselves: little glitter, tiaras and more a hard-working family dealing with the real issues of Dutch society.

Last edited:
No it's not a private event,it is official representation,but nonetheless,a picture or more is never released on this annual dinner.Pitty.

thanks Lucien, that means I can stop looking for pictures then! It sure is a pitty, I was really looking forward to seeing some :ohmy:

hihi, that photo's from anp are mine :) Ik work by HJ van Beek :)
Here an other picture, and a picture of Hans Klok who attended the jubilee :)
He did such a magic things! More pictures on www.picturepress.nl or Home

beatrix18rc6.jpg

beatrix3dk6.jpg

A few days ago in Drenthe a reporter asked what was HM' s 'secret' that she was able to have enough energy to make it through Queensday and all the other events in those few days. Her reply: 'Just get up in the morning and keep walking'.

Source: royalblog.nl

Yesterday HM was in AMsterdam for the 200th anniversary of the KNAW (Royal Dutch Academy of Science) in the Beurs van Berlage.

Beatrix getting out of the car

Receiving a book

Royal wave

Nice necklace from Bonebakker

--

At another board they suspect the absence of pictures of the dinner for the corpse diplomatique might have something to do with the image that the RF wants to project of themselves: little glitter, tiaras and more a hard-working family dealing with the real issues of Dutch society.

No,it was a strict security measurement due to the attendance of the many diplomats and not RF related.The Binnenhof was closed due to orders of the Foreign Office,the host of the evening.

Some more on HM in Drenthe:
PPE Agency

courtesy PPE/ v/d Werf.

Máximaiscool: Prachtige foto's!!Just beautifull!!
:wub::flowers:

HM and Princess Laurentien attended the conference on "Early Childhood Development",Kurhaus,Scheveningen last night.

Het Koninklijk Huis

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

I was there, and it was very nice!
Princess Laurentien is so nice! Here a self-made photo:
100_2822.jpg

I call 'Laurentien!', and she come to me, and give me a handshake!

HM will open the 50st Pasar Malam Besar at the Malieveld,The Hague in the evening on wednesday the 21st.
Het Koninklijk Huis

A wonderfull,sometimes nostalgic,remnant of the good old days of Tempo Doeloe and the Gurth of Emeralds,
as present day Indonesia was also nicknamed by us Dutch,as was Insulinde,a beautifull name imho.

The Hague,like in the song,is the "Widow" of Indië.With the years going by,the certain atmophere is evaporating bit by bit,
but the grandeur of days gone by is still omnipotent.

Adoe,it is such a wonderfull event to visit.And the food?!Just skip a few of your diet days and have some nasi goreng,
gado gado,daging rendang and spekkoek and,oh well,come and try yourself.:D.

well, the good old days for us dutch that would be ;). I believe the largest part of the Dutch-Indian community originally comes from the Moluks (Celebes).

The queen has ben critisized in the past for giving too little attention to this group of immigrants, but the RF has been attending various events recent year with the people from the Dutch East Indies, and she ended her first televised christmas message with a traditional christmas song from the Moluks.

--

Nice picture, royalfotograaf! And thanks for sharing the anecdote, Laurentien sure is friendly to the public, as we could see just on queensday.

well, the good old days for us dutch that would be ;). I believe the largest part of the Dutch-Indian community originally comes from the Moluks (Celebes).

The queen has ben critisized in the past for giving too little attention to this group of immigrants, but the RF has been attending various events recent year with the people from the Dutch East Indies, and she ended her first televised christmas message with a traditional christmas song from the Moluks.

--

Nice picture, royalfotograaf! And thanks for sharing the anecdote, Laurentien sure is friendly to the public, as we could see just on queensday.

Good old days for us dutch indeed,adoe.....

HM was on a working visit to the city of Tilburg today:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Het Koninklijk Huis

HM received the first copy of a book on Noordeinde Palace as a Royal Residence for 400 years;
"Noordeinde Palace,Viehonderd Jaar "Hof van Oraignen",Noordeinde Palace today.
Het Koninklijk Huis

(note:there's an english version)

HM also received the Credentials of TE the ambassadors of:

The Republic of China,Mr.Zhang Jun
The Federal Republic of Brazil,Mr.José Artur Denot Medeiros
The Republic of Chile,Mr.Juan Antonio Martabit Scaff.

Noordeinde Palace today.

Last edited:

--

HM this evening at the Pasar Malam Besar:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/ v/d werf.

Royalblog has an article on it too, look here.

I believe this is the last time they had this fair, next year they will change the name to attrackt a younger audience. It will be Tong Tong fair onext year.

More information on the pasar malam besar here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom