Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As posted by Sal on the Benelux Royals MB:

The pic (from the Salvation Army site) is the famous one of then princess Beatrix in 1965 with the major selling The Watchtower in the Red Light district in Amsterdam. The princess had thought that with glasses and a wig she would not be recognized but a newspaper journalist saw her and this famous pic was the result.

persfoto-bosshardt-09.jpg

Link: Site of the major:

NB: Pic free of copyrights

Sad,the "Majoor" was such a delightfull person.But then,to reach the blessed age of 94,she was content with what life had given her.

Oh that pic!Wonderfull!It caused quite a stirr when that came out,you know,we were still right smack in the middle of the spruitjes-cultuur here,
and then to watch the Crown Princess in the notorious,and oh so famous,Red Light district,it-was-not-done!

She did it anyway,selling that Salvation Army mag to prostetutes,pimps and the like,and talking to get an idea as how these people think/live/work.She was recognised by many in the café's/bars/and whatever rauncy outlet they went into,but no-one gave a hoot,they all thought she was a swell gall and kept their mouth shut.

The Major (actually she became Lieutenant-general) was a wonderfull person indeed, always so down-to-earth, funny and understanding. Really one of a kind. I am sure that HM will send flowers or even ea representative to her funeral.

Major Bosshardt died yesterday. She was a long lasting friend of the queen and her family. The announcer of the queen said, that she is deeply affectes by the death of the major.

HM was on a working visit to the old dutch towns of Edam/Volendam and the Beemster polder in the province of Noord-Holland.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/A. v/d Werf.

The Queen is fantastically dressed up to the max.
I like it that she always looks like a Queen indeed.
:flowers:

The hat wasn't too flamboyant this time, but the colour red suits her very well. What did she visit in Volendam?

The Queen visited a private initiative called "Moedige Moeders" (brave mothers). This are women who fight against the drug addiction of their kids or even their husbands. HM just spoke about them with a lot of admiration. She also did a very private and heart-opened (in my eyes) remark. She told that she also have two godchildren who had problems with drugs and that it is hell for the families. (Is this something new or did somebody heard similar before?)
She also visited the memorial place for the victims of fire 2001 and spoke to fire victims of this catastrophe.

I never heard her about her godchildren before.... sheds a whole other light on Margarita's revelations :lol:

very good of HM to support this initiative and also to visit the memorial for the victims of the fire, she was there shortly after the fire too, to support the victims and I am sure her continuing interest must be some kind of support.

I only know three godchildren to Queen Beatrix:

HRH Margarita Maria Beatriz Princess de Bourbon de Parme, daughter of HRH Carlos-Hugo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma & HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld

HRH Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland, daughter of HM Carl XVI Gustaf King of Sweden & HM Queen Silvia of Sweden née Sommerlath

Fiona Elizabeth Fenella Burrows née Shakerley, daughter of Sir Geoffrey Adam Shakerley, 6th Baronet Shakerley & Lady Elizabeth Georgiana Anson formerly Shakerley

Who knows more?

She is also godmother of Prince Pieter-Christian and Juliana Guillermo.

She is also godmother of Prince Pieter-Christian and Juliana Guillermo.

Ah, okay, let us complete the list:

HRH Margarita Maria Beatriz Princess de Bourbon de Parme, daughter of HRH Carlos-Hugo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma & HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld

HRH Victoria Ingrid Alice Désirée Crown Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Västergötland, daughter of HM Carl XVI Gustaf King of Sweden & HM Queen Silvia of Sweden née Sommerlath

Mrs. Fiona Elizabeth Fenella Burrows née Shakerley, daughter of Sir Geoffrey Adam Shakerley, 6th Baronet & Lady Elizabeth Georgiana Anson formerly Shakerley

HH Pieter-Christiaan Michiel Prince van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven, son of Professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven & HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld

Miss Juliana Edenia Antonia Guillermo, daughter of mr. Jorge Peréz Guillermo & HRH Princess Christina of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld

Uh,I don't think the list is complete,yet,Henri.
:ermm:

No, she must have some godchildren that are unknown to us. I do kno that she is godmother to one or even two great-grandchildren of Princess Alice of Athlone (Abel-Smith should be their last name). I have a picture of her at a baptism in ENgland in one of the 'Golden's books of Royalty', can't remember which one it is though.

As was to be expected: today I read letters in several newspapers wondering 'Where was the Queen' during the funeral of Majoor Bosshardt.

As was to be expected: today I read letters in several newspapers wondering 'Where was the Queen' during the funeral of Majoor Bosshardt.

Not expected,but by the ones who either don't know of how the RF conducts in such cases,or just to stirr something up,the vox populi we've seen often over the last few years.....

HM was represented by her Grandmistress Mrs.Martine van Loon-Labouchère at the service and the actual funeral.Besides that,there was a huge beautifull wreath from Her Majesty,Alexander and Máxima and Margriet & Pieter for their dear old friend.

HM had a scheduled function simultaniously,she opened the Royal Academy of Arts exhibition at The Hague.
Het Koninklijk Huis

ANP Beeldbank

Picture:
Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
Well, we had the same angry lettres after HM didn't attend funerals of Pim Fortuyn, Theo van Gogh, so that is why I expected one this time too. The usual nitpicking. Today I read several lettres in HM 'defence'.

HM Queen Beatrix and Princess Máxima arrived in Stavanger,Norway this afternoon to join the celebrations of HM Queen Sonja's 70th birthday.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.
:flowers:

[FONT=verdana, arial]I wasd wondering if HM or one of her sons will attend the funeral of Count Gottfriend von Bismarck (44), son of Fuerst Ferdinand and Fuerstin ELisabeth. Ferdinand was one of the closest friends of the late Prince Claus and he is also a godfather to the Prince of Orange. The count led a rather loose life, orgies and twice a person died in his house due to an overdose of heroine or cocaine.[/FONT]

Perhaps he is one of HM's godchildren btw, which we discussed above?

[FONT=verdana, arial]I wasd wondering if HM or one of her sons will attend the funeral of Count Gottfriend von Bismarck (44), son of Fuerst Ferdinand and Fuerstin ELisabeth. Ferdinand was one of the closest friends of the late Prince Claus and he is also a godfather to the Prince of Orange. The count led a rather loose life, orgies and twice a person died in his house due to an overdose of heroine or cocaine.[/FONT]

Perhaps he is one of HM's godchildren btw, which we discussed above?

That's what crossed my mind as well,but the then Princess must have met/known the Bismarcks before she met Claus,as Gottfried died aged 44,born in 1963 while she met the late Prince in 1964....officially.

That said,Gottfried fits the discription,what a wasted life of drugs and alcohol and degenerate individual,and what hell it must have been for his family dealing with him.

The funeral will take place within the closest family circle.
With HM in Norway and Alexander in Guatamala,no chance she/he will attend.

A little bit out of thread, but i went trough the old newsthread and read that henri m. never saw Her Majesty with glasses on official occasions. And I remember that not so long ago I found an interesting link from NOS in 2005:

NOSJOURNAAL

You have to look at the clip. Strange to say I don't see the glasses at the picture above.

Another dear friend of Beatrix and Claus died:

Former german diplomat Otto von der Gablentz passed away age 76.

Von der Gablentz was german ambassador to The Netherlands from 1983 to 1990,and a close friend to
HM Queen Beatrix and the late Prince Claus.
After his retirement he moved to live in Amsterdam,where he passed away yesterday.
http://www.coleurop.be/template.asp?pagename=histrector&sub=gable
Beneluxmessageboard

Another dear friend of Beatrix and Claus died:

Former german diplomat Otto von der Gablentz passed away age 76.

Von der Gablentz was german ambassador to The Netherlands from 1983 to 1990,and a close friend to
HM Queen Beatrix and the late Prince Claus.
After his retirement he moved to live in Amsterdam,where he passed away yesterday.
http://www.coleurop.be/template.asp?pagename=histrector&sub=gable
Beneluxmessageboard

You forgot to mention,courtesy JH who posted this text at the Benelux MB.

Very sad indeed,an admirable man,who,in no-time,learned to speak dutch affluently
to help solve the rift between the dutch WWII generation and Germany,in which he
succeeded by his openness and diplomatic skills.

A very sad weekend for Her Majesty:
Today another close friend of the Royal Family has died in Amsterdam: Schelto Patijn (1936), Dutch politician and former mayor of Amsterdam (1994-2001).
He was the son of Conny Patijn, chamberlain of the late Queen Juliana and was also a descendant of Michiel de Ruyter.
He knew Queen Beatrix since their youth and were, at one time, dance partners.
They remained friends and met each other at various social functions.

Last edited:
A very sad weekend for Her Majesty:
Today another close friend of the Royal Family has died in Amsterdam: Schelto Patijn (1936), Dutch politician and former mayor of Amsterdam (1994-2001).
He was the son of Conny Patijn, chamerlain of the late Queen Juliana and was also a descendant of Michiel de Ruyter.
He knew Queen Beatrix since their youth and were, at one time, dance partners.
They remained friends and met each other at various social functions.

Oh that is very very sad indeed,to loose a friend is sad enough,but to loose two close friends within 24 hours is a severe blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom