Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
24-08-2006 The Hague Queen Beatrix attended the naturalizationceremony at the Grote Kerk in The Hague.

24-08-2006 Utrecht Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the 25th edition of the Holland Festival Oude Muziek in the Stadsschouwburg in Utrecht.
The Festival opened with the première of the opera l’Ipermestra of Francesco Cavalli

Source: PPE

Abdication? Not for a few more years I suspect. She seems to enjoy her job even more the last couple of years. Probably because now she has her sons and daughters in law to help her or at least stand by her. In her last interview she said that the loneliness of her position was the most difficult. Anyway, she will gradually hand over to Willem-Alexander and knowing HM she will not take that task lightly. I do believe that the renovations of her private estate, Drakensteijn, are in view of her eventual abdication though. As for the Royal Palace in Amsterdam? As Henri stated. It needed some technical modernisation and refurbishing and hopefully the restoration of the facade.

On the subject of HM helmet. If you ask me HM's dying her hair only very lightly for years now so her natural grey slowly becomes apparent. She has spent some weeks in the sun and that seems to help the process as well I guess. A big difference from the days she wore a dark brown dyed helmet! I think the grey softens her and looks great indeed. Less stern.

Henri M. said:
The Dutch equivalent of the British Mistress of the Robes is the Grandmastress of the House of Her Majesty The Queen, in short: The Grandmastress.

Earlier in this thread a poster asked for a pic: this picture was made yesterday and shows Martine van Loon - Labouchere standing next to Her Majesty.

That's not the Grandmastress.. its Tineke Lodders a very influential political figure in the Dutch Cristian Democratic Party of prime minister J.P Balkenende. Although I can't find a picture of mss van Loon I can assure you she looks more impressive than this Lodders character ever will!

Queen Beatrix has been quite busy lately. I always feel great seeing her smile and devotion for her nation.

Martine Louise Amélie van Loon - Labouchere, Grootmeesteres

Mandrake said:
That's not the Grandmastress.. its Tineke Lodders a very influential political figure in the Dutch Cristian Democratic Party of prime minister J.P Balkenende. Although I can't find a picture of mss van Loon I can assure you she looks more impressive than this Lodders character ever will!

You are right. It is surprisingly hard to find pictures of Martine Louise Amélie van Loon - Labouchere, Grootmeesteres.
On the Royal House-website there used to be a large picture of the Grootmeesteres in gala, next to one of the horsedrawn gala-berlines, part of the royal cortège on Prinsjesdag, but it is removed, I think.
On the first two it is the first lady walking on the carpet.
On the last two it is the lady behind the royals.

grootmeesteres1.jpg

grootmeesteres2.jpg

grootmeesteres3.jpg

grootmeesteres4.jpg

The last pic shows more members of the Household (recognizable due to the nassaublue ribbon with a small golden crowned 'B').
I see mr. Gilbert Monod de Froideville, Ceremoniemeester and probably a Dame du Palais (in green).
I do not recognize her and she looks eh... 'older' to be a Hofdame in the functional Household.

By the way, I have seen pictures with the Grootmeesteres wearing a diademe during gala banquets. Anyone able to find such a picture?

Pics: ANP, bucketed via my own webspace

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix has handed out in the Beatrix theater the researchprices at the jubileecongress Princess Beatrix foundation in Utrecht.
August 26, 2006
from PPE

August 26th, 2006
Queen Beatrix in Utrecht at the jubileecongress.

ANP

I really like her new hat! Looks beautiful on her! :flowers:

Can anyone post some of these new photos without watermarks? I think the Queen looks great and I, also, like that style hat on her. Thanks in advance for any help.

Thats a very funky hat - is it new?

BeatrixFan said:
Thats a very funky hat - is it new?

Yes, it certainly looks new to me. I like it a lot! :)

I think it's stunning. Really nice. I love the last picture!

Lovely hat indeed, though less extravagant then I am used to on her. HM doesn´t wear black to often but it looks nice on her.
She seems to be in a very good mood, which is not surprising at it is ´her´ fund (the Princess Beatrix foundation).

wow great photo's of Queen Beatrix

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so nice to see Beatrix out & about again this past week.
She is looking very relaxed and radiant these days. Her holidays must have agreed with her.

Thanks for the pictures everyone.

Queen Beatrix visited Stadsherstel (City Restoration) Amsterdam this afternoon.

Courtesy Mr.Nieboer/Mr.Veloo

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=30-08-2006%20Amsterdam

At Noordeinde Palace this morning HM received the credentials of the ambassadors of New Zealand,Estonia and Switserland.

Yesterday HM received the ambassador of HM The King of the Belgians for a farewell luncheon at Huis ten Bosch Palace.

Last edited:
Is there an e-mail address for sending a message to the Queen?

I think there is no e-mail address for writing directly to the Queen. In the official website of the Royal House is the real address if you want to send a letter or message to any member..and is as follow

Noordeinde Palace
[Name of Royal House member]
Postbus 30412
2500 GK Den Haag
The Netherlands

Hope it helps :)

Thank you, Adry. I was curious if the household had a known e-mail address or not....guess not.

Queen Beatrix's recent pics from Seegerpress:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. That's a brilliant pic of Queen Beatrix. It just shows what an individual she is.

Banquet for the Japanese guests

In honour of the Japanese Crown Princely couple, Queen Beatrix gave a banquet. She made an Japanese-Benelux affair of it:

Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau

Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg, The Duke and Duchess of Nassau

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, The Prince and Princess of Orange

Their Imperial Highnesses Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium, The Duke and Duchess of Brabant

Source: Boulevard, a daily magazine on RTL 4 (Netherlands)

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
In honour of the Japanese Crown Princely couple, Queen Beatrix gave a banquet. She made an Japanese-Benelux affair of it:

Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands

Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg, The Duke and Duchess of Nassau

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, The Prince and Princess of Orange

Their Imperial Highnesses Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako of Japan

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium, The Duke and Duchess of Brabant

Source: Boulevard, a daily magazine on RTL 4 (Netherlands)
Has it been an official banquet?
Are there any pictures?
Or has it been a private pictures between the Royal familys?

Her_Majesty said:
Has it been an official banquet?
Are there any pictures?
Or has it been a private pictures between the Royal familys?

For so far I know, there have no pictures been released (yet).
But I expect we will see it in a few days.

Wouldn't HM consider it a private dinner with friends? She is rather strict about these things (her hiding from the belgian cameras during the weddingreception of Phillipe and Mathilde comes to mind).

I agree. This should be considered a private event as was the whole visit by the Crown Princely Couple of Japan.

The ´congres´ of the Princess Beatrix Foundation was televised and it appeared to be a fund reasing programme. The fund tries to help children with diseases related to their muscles and also tries to help research in this field. The foundation has been very active the last month to raise money. My own gym for example will start an RPM marathon to raise money, but their are a number of initiatives. Of course the most important way to raise money are the ´collectants´ who go from door to door to ask for money.
HM was seated with the public and seemed intruiged by the stories some children had to tell. Later she awarded two scientists (who did research) a prize. She seemed a bit shy when at the start of the programme the public aplauded her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom