Queen Beatrix, Current Events 3 (June 2006 - May 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
I can't imagine Queen Elizabeth doing this. For one thing you wouldn't see her behind John Prescott. I think it's good, it shows that the Queen is directly linked and involved with the Government.
Not sure what you are referring to here- have I missed out some of the photos posted?

HM attended the start of the 4th International Polar Year at the Nature Museum,Leeuwarden this afternoon.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE.

HM attended the National Boomfeestdag,Amsterdam.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer/Edwin Veloo.

Elegant Queen in Brussels

Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau
Her Majesty Queen Fabiola of the Belgians
His Royal Highness The Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Duke of Nassau
Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Duchess of Nassau
were guest of honour on a matinee given in the Palais des Beaux Arts in Brussels, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

I'm happy that Queen Beatrix sticks to her own standards: the Queen of the Netherlands always and ever wears a hat and gloves during formal day events. Period.

:flowers:

Oh I agree Henri,every inch un Reine.

The queen always looks great!!:flowers:

I love her hats, I also think that she's an icon of elegance and glamour. She looks really nice :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see Beatrix when she was 18 years! she wores the juwels often !!

All royal families are related in one or another way. Johan Willem Friso of Nassau, Prince of Orange 1687-1711 (a direct ancestor of Queen Beatrix) holds the position of being 'the father of Europe'. He holds the position of being an ancestor to all currently (and most formerly) reigning European royal families.

Queen Beatrix and Queen Margrethe II of Denmark are second cousins once removed.
They are descendants of Friedrich Franz II Grand-Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

Queen Beatrix and King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden are third cousins.
They are descendants of Georg Victor Fürst zu Waldeck und Pyrmont.

Queen Beatrix and King Harald V of Norway are third cousins once removed.
They are descendants of Wilhelm Prince of Nassau-Weilburg, Duke of Nassau.

Queen Beatrix and King Albert II of the Belgians are third cousins once removed.
They are descendants of Wilhelm Prince of Nassau-Weilburg, Duke of Nassau.

Queen Beatrix and King Juan Carlos of Spain are fourth cousins.
They are descendants of Friedrich Ludwig Grand-Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.

Queen Beatrix and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg, Duke of Nassau are fourth cousins.
They are descendants of Wilhelm Prince of Nassau-Weilburg.

Queen Beatrix and King Constantinos II are fourth cousins.
They are descendants of Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia.

Queen Beatrix and King Mihai I of Romania are fourth cousins.
They are descendants of King Friedrich Wilhelm III of Prussia.

Queen Beatrix and Dom Duarte, Duke of Bragança are fourth cousins once removed.
They are descendants of Karl Ludwig, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

Queen Beatrix and Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom are fifth cousins.
They are descendants of Friedrich II Eugen, Duke of Würtemberg.

Queen Beatrix and Prince Hans Adam are fifth cousins.
They are descendants of Karl Ludwig Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

Queen Beatrix and King Simeon II of Bulgaria are fifth cousins.
They are descendants of Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg.

Queen Beatrix and Prince Albert of Monaco are seventh cousins.
They are descendants of Ludwig IX, Landgrave of Hessen-Darmstadt.

Wow, that is great info to read Henri! You're a rock star.

And as far as the "father in law" of Europe that is known to be Christian IX of Denmark. Right?

Aurora810 said:
Wow, that is great info to read Henri! You're a rock star.

And as far as the "father in law" of Europe that is known to be Christian IX of Denmark. Right?

Yep, Christian IX is commonly known as the father-in-law of Europe, be it that it can be discussed because there are more families with lots of intermarriages.

It is kind of sad that due to the Zorreguietas, the Donaldsons, the Tjessems, the Ortiz' the whole pattern has been discontinued.

I would not say that it has been discontinues as the new crown princesses have all married into the royal families that already carry that blood, so the blood still runs through their children. And who knows, perhaps their children will marry royally.

However, if we are going to say that the pattern has been discontinued, would it not have been discontinued when Queen Sonja, with no noble, aristocratic or royal blood married into that family, or when Maria Theresa married into her royal family? Just a thought.

But I stand by my thought that the "pattern" or blood is still there since the blood runs throught the heirs to the thrones, and via them into their children. And besides, bringing new blood into a family is always a good thing.

Empress said:
However, if we are going to say that the pattern has been discontinued, would it not have been discontinued when Queen Sonja, with no noble, aristocratic or royal blood married into that family, or when Maria Theresa married into her royal family? Just a thought.

And Q. Silvia as well.

Empress said:
I would not say that it has been discontinues as the new crown princesses have all married into the royal families that already carry that blood, so the blood still runs through their children. And who knows, perhaps their children will marry royally.

But I stand by my thought that the "pattern" or blood is still there since the blood runs throught the heirs to the thrones, and via them into their children. And besides, bringing new blood into a family is always a good thing.

Well, with 'pattern' I of course do mean royal-royal or royal-noble marriages.
For me that is something which makes 'royalty' special. All those new ladies are wonderful persons, but it makes the whole concept of monarchy less revered, less distant and I think that is a questionable development.

Only time will tell if it's a questionable development. If and I don't mean to be negative but if some of these current love stories end in tragic, messy divorces opinions will rapidly change about whether or not non-royals should marry into royal families.

Diamond roses for the Queen

The Queen wore two wonderful diamond roses, from the family collection. They can be worn in a diademe or in a necklace:

HM The Queen, yesterday (two diamond roses as broches)

HRH Princess Beatrix at the age of 18 (five diamond roses in a collier) - click 1x or 2x on the picture to blow it up.

The diamond roses were worn in the bridal diademe of her mother Princess Juliana.

Last edited:
I have to say that in a way I agree with Henri M. I agree in that I truly fell that non aristocratic ladies, and even gentlemen are far less prepared for the intense life of being a royal.

And while I truly admire all of the current CPs I also miss the whole royal royal lmarriage thing. I am of course currently wrapped up in three books about the illustrious marriages that Queen Victorias daughters and grand daughters made.

Though I like Beatrix and her hats, IMHO it looked a bit to much when she attended the concert in Brussels (Beethovens 9th) with Fabiola, Henri and Maria-Theresa. She was the only one present to wear a hat (I saw the concert on television). And on the whole, wearing a hat in a concert building seems rather strange to me, but anyway, the concert was beautiful.

Keep up the standard

Marengo said:
She was the only one present to wear a hat (I saw the concert on television).

Queen Beatrix and Queen Elizabeth II (and Queen Margrethe in a less outspoken way) keep the standards up.

The ladies will always and ever wear a hat for day-events and I like it. I found it striking to see the difference between Queen Rania arriving at the Amsterdam City Hall with her long hair blowing in the wind and wearing an overzised Luis Vuitton bag. Queen Beatrix came with her majestic UFO, with her Grandmastress and a Hofdame (also with their UFO's) and it was really the entrance of the Queen of Sheba, if you know what I mean.

I miss that royal grandeur when I see the somewhat dowdy Paola or grey mouse Sofía. Queen Rania for an example, is a beautiful lady, exceptionally well clothed, but she misses the point, as if she has not understood yet what it is to be Her Majesty The Queen.

Princess Máxima, with all the criticism I have on her wardrobe, cán do it (and has shown it as well). And I'm very happy that she follows her mother-in-law with hats, gloves and all the tralala. I pray that she will not be influenced by the Paola's, the Sofía's and the María Teresa's and keeps up the standard.

Here a youtube video of HM in Zeeland at the opening ofg the Michiel de Ruyter year. She seems to be having difficulties in staying awake...

Poor Beatrix! Well I think we've all had moments like that. I've certainly had many moments like that while sitting in class. Lucky for me today was a good day and I stayed awake.

Aurora810 said:
Poor Beatrix! Well I think we've all had moments like that. I've certainly had many moments like that while sitting in class. Lucky for me today was a good day and I stayed awake.

It happens to me when I'm watching Eastenders on the BBC. It just shows how human Beatrix is.

Her Majesty The Queen opened a new building in Rotterdam (province South-Holland) which combines the collections of three former institutions: the Netherlands Photo Museum, LP II and SKVR Image Factory. The hypermodern building is situated close to the Erasmus Bridge in Rotterdam and opened with DEAF07 (Dutch Electronic Art Festival 2007).

The building

The Queen watching a stand with children

Employers hanging portraits

The Queen waves goodbye. The man with the silver chain is the Mayor of Rotterdam.

Wasn' t this building the old Las Palmas? I believe it used to be a discotheque before they changed it into a museum.
HM is looking swell.

21-04-2007 The Hague Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the new building of the (ISH) International School of The Hague.
ISH is a school with studenst of 4 till 18 year old and more than 70 nationalities. The building was designed by Leon Thier - ppe agency pictures

Marengo said:
Wasn' t this building the old Las Palmas? I believe it used to be a discotheque before they changed it into a museum.
HM is looking swell.

That was a different "... Palace",not Las Palmas.,naughty boy....:rolleyes:

Well, I actually didn't mean anything naughty by it this time :). I think I went to a party called Betty Ford Clinic, which was hosted in a place called Las Palmas. The Palace that you are referring to is known to me to, a rather horrid place...;)

HM officially opened the start of the 150 years anniversary of the Royal Rotterdam Blijdorp Zoo Foundation,Rotterdam,yesterday:

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/A. v/d Werf.

HM attended the 75th anniversary celebrations of dutch applied sciences institute TNO at the Oude Kerk,Delft this afternoon.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Albert Nieboer.

This morning HM received the Credentials of the Ambassadors of Georgia,Azerbaidjan and Guinée-Bissau,Noordeinde Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom