Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane, News 1 (September 2005 - June 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man in love with Máxima wanted to kill her daughters

According to Algemeen Dagblad, yesterday a man was summoned before the Court of Justice in The Hague, for threathening against life.

Via the alarm-number 112 the man threathened 'to blow a bullet through the heads' of the little Princesses. The alarmcentrale took the threat very serious and immediately informed the royal family. A member of staff working for the family laid down a complaint.

The 35-years old Amsterdamer told the Court of Justice he actually 'cherished warm feelings for Máxima'. The Court of Justice ordered an extended psychiatric report about the man. After this, the case will be continued in Court.

http://www.ad.nl/binnenland/article882833.ece?start=4

:sad:

Henri M. said:
Wonderful pictures.

I like it that they do dress the daughters a bit 'oldfashionedly'. It suits them better than the newest Oilily or Mexx Bébé or Villa Happ.

The resemblance to grandma Beatrix and dad Alexander as toddlers is amazing!

i think the dresses are austrian "dirndls".

Happy birthday beautiful Amalia!!!!
These two girls are incredible...how big is Alexia now, and each day more similar to mummy...

I think the dresses maybe are something typical from Holland...does somebody know?

Happy birthday to Catharina-Amalia. Great pictures indeed! I like it that the Prince is continuing the tradition of taking these pictures himself, like Prince Claus and Prince Bernhard did.

Both girls are terribly adorable btw, and I love these cheerfull big brown eyes of them.

Dirndl

nayralorenzo said:
Happy birthday beautiful Amalia!!!!
These two girls are incredible...how big is Alexia now, and each day more similar to mummy...

I think the dresses maybe are something typical from Holland...does somebody know?

No not really, they look more like a sort of dirndl dresses, which are traditional in Bavaria, Austria and Switzerland.

:flowers:

See the link with photo's of dirndl dresses:

http://www.tostmann.at/dirndl_klassiker.htm

Last edited:
Ok Henri M...thanks for the info :)
Anyway I find them incredible!

Happy birthday princess Amalia.
I like the clothes.
Better indeed than all the new fashion style, like Oillily and others.
It's good Maxima had her own style.

Great pictures and adorable dirndl-dresses (I wore them too when I was little, sweet memories...)! Hope the little princess has a lovely birthday. :flowers:

The dresses are kind of an odd choice, but I like it much better than the wrinkled pink outfit Princess Elizabeth of Belgium wore (I know was very expensive designer outfit, but too plain for a princess)

The princely villa 'De Eikenhorst'

The Prince of Orange and his family do not live in a palace. They have chosen to live a family-life in their villa De Eikenhorst (The Eyrie in the Oakwoods). I think the Prince wants to have an 'as normal as possible family life' before he assumes the kingship and is 'forced' to use the palaces.

The villa is privately owned by the Prince and is situated on the royal domain De Horsten (The Eyries) in Wassenaar, a residential area just outside The Hague. In 1838 the royal estate De Horsten was bought by Prince Frederik of the Netherlands (1797-1881). After his death the estate went to his youngest daughter Princess Marie, Fürstin zu Wied, Countess zu Isenburg born Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau (1841-1910).

In 1898 Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands purchased the estate from Princess Marie.
In 1962 Queen Juliana of the Netherlands inherited the estate.
In 2003 Prince Willem-Alexander, The Prince of Orange, was given the estate.

Pic, from Hola!, to give you an idea about the paradise-like estate (in one of the Netherlands' most densely populated areas):

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2003/07/15/maxima-casa1/imgs/casa-2a.jpg

Last edited:
I wore those dresses, too, but then I am from Bavaria... Anyway I think both girls look really cute and you can really see that they are sisters, there is a similarity, especially because of the eyes!!

These are beutiful photos of these two!

Little late but all the best for Amalia:flowers:

Would you just look at her! She's adorable! The picture with her and her sister is perfect. I hope that she had a wonderful birthday!

Pattern in the royal house

It is hard to imagine how Princess Catharina-Amalia will grow up. There seems to be a sort of pattern in the Netherlands Royal House of the last 120 years:

- the strict and formalistic Queen Wilhelmina
- the goodnatured and let-it-go Queen Juliana
- the strict and formalistic Queen Beatrix
- the goodnatured and let-it-go King Willem IV Alexander?
- the strict and formalistic Queen Catharina-Amalia?

The successive Sovereigns seems to have the habit to mark a difference with their predecessor. In Queen Juliana's case, she thought her mother's style of kingship did not fit in the second half of the 1900's. In Queen Beatrix' case she found that a renewed distance, style and grandeur was needed after the 'too common' period of her mother. In Prince Willem-Alexander we probably see he wants to loosen things a bit,
à la Queen Juliana. Maybe Princess Catharina-Amalia swings the other way, more à la Beatrix.

Last edited:
I really can't wait to see Amalia grow older. I mean, now she is adorable, :wub: but when she reaches teenage years, can you imagine?! She'll be a little firecracker!

no pattern there

I don't see a pattern there at all. Queen B is very much unlike Wilhelmina and WA certainly is not a replica of Juliana. I think WA is more like his father for instance and also def bits that are now influenced -thank goodness - by Maxima. And Queen B seems to be a mix of Juliana and a tiny bit of Wilhelmina and her father and also greatly influenced by prince Claus.

Not to forget of course that they still majorly each have their own personality and individuality.

Thank you for sharing this link Henri. Living in the US, I rarely see any coverage of the European royals. While, I do not speak or understand Dutch, it was easy enough to follow the program. Princess Catharina-Amalia is adorable.

Henri M. said:
No not really, they look more like a sort of dirndl dresses, which are traditional in Bavaria, Austria and Switzerland.

See the link with photo's of dirndl dresses:

http://www.tostmann.at/dirndl_klassiker.htm

Yes it's a Drindl, but they made a little mistake in wearing it. If you are married you knot the bow on your right side and for unmarried persons you knot it on the left side. Catharina-Amalia wears it in the middle.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.php?start=0&id=11246&zoektype=2&search=04-12-2006%20Versailles

She has the cutest voice. I wish I understood the language!

Thank you soooo much Marengo for that link it was ovely to see al the pictures i have seen of little Amalia to come alive. She is such a confident and enthusiastic little girl and i hope she stays that way!!:flowers:

Oh I loved this video. This little girl is so lively and full of personality! She is darling

Today the newspaper 'Telegraaf' had a story on the front page on the nationality of Catharina-Amalia and Alexia. Apperently they can chose to get the Argentinian nationality when they turn 8. For now they are only Dutch.

The article is placed in a broader perspective where members of parlament are working on a law that will make it more difficult for newborn babies to get two nationalities.

Turn 8 or 18 Marengo?
Is it Argentina or the Netherlands that doesn't accept a second citizenship?

18 :) For now the Dutch state does accept dual citizenship, but a debate has started last week about this matter. In the present socio/political climate some politicians think it would be a good signal if politicians with dual citizenships would give up one of those, to show their loyalty to the Dutch state. Some parties brought up the status of Maxima, who has dual citizenship to, and now of the two little princesses.

I think it would be great if the Netherlands would adopt the dual citizenship status. It would be great for the girls! Thanks for the info Marengo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom