Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 2 (Nov 2006-Dec 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prof. Pieter van Vollenhoven has been interviewed by tv-programme Blauw Bloed, it will be broadcasted on saturday. The interview is about his hobby: photography, esp. in nature.

Article in Dutch here from royalblog.

Dearest Pieter opened a visitors center of Nature Monuments at Nieuwkoop today....:rolleyes:...always in for a funny moment..

Het Koninklijk Huis

courtesy RVD.

Very funny photo! Thank you for the link, Lucien.

Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven attended the commemorating ceremony of commisioner of the Queen (govenor) in the province of Drenthe, Relus ter Beek (Labour/PvdA) today.

Princess Margriet will attend the regional African Red Cross and Red Crescent meeting at Johannesburg,South-Africa
from tomorrow october 19th till the 22nd.

HRH used to be Chair of the Standing Commission of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Foundation for years,
a job she never took lightly and would easily fill a thread dedicated to her enormous work for that organisation.At present
HRH is Vice-Chair of the Dutch Red Cross.

The meetings theme is "Together for action for Africa" .Main subject is the role of local communities in the fight against HIV/Aids,
famine and the growing number of nature catasthrophies due to climate change.

Adorable! This is a lovely photo.

That's a really sweet photo, but for what occasion was it taken?

That's a really sweet photo, but for what occasion was it taken?

A project of the Edukans Foundation,to improve education for children worldwide and especially there where it's needed the most.The children,and grandmama,filled up shoeboxes with their own stuff/drawings etc etc to send to less fortunate children.Cute,and,raising awareness at a young age,that they are fortunate compared to children elsewhere in the world.

The picture is taken at the home of TH Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette here in Amsterdam.

In fact,I think we here all are most fortunate to be where we are instead of anywhere else at all.:)

A project of the Edukans Foundation,to improve education for children worldwide and especially there where it's needed the most.The children,and grandmama,filled up shoeboxes with their own stuff/drawings etc etc to send to less fortunate children.Cute,and,raising awareness at a young age,that they are fortunate compared to children elsewhere in the world.

The picture is taken at the home of TH Prince Bernhard and Princess Annette here in Amsterdam.

In fact,I think we here all are most fortunate to be where we are instead of anywhere else at all.:)

Thanks for the information Lucien. The children in the nursery where I am on placement are also filling shoe boxes to send to those less fortunate than ourselves

I really like the idea of involving children in projects such as this one. When they learn to care about others at a young age, it leaves a lasting impression. I really think that it is very sweet that they did this with their grandmother.

Prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven attended the Memorial Concert " On the Air" at the Worlds Forum Theater,The Hague on tuesday the 28th.

The concert,organised by the Committee Last Post Netherlands 1940 - 1945 in cooperation with the Veterans Institute and Checkpoint Magazine,
is a salute to the pilots and crew that died in the airwar over the skies of The Netherlands and our East Indies,present day Indonesia.

The concert was performed by the orchestra of the Royal Dutch Airforce.

Het Koninklijk Huis

HRH is attending the meeting of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Foundations at Geneva.

HRH is a Member of the Board of the IFRC and Vice-Chair of the Dutch Red Cross.She used to work as a nurse for the Red Cross
when she was young-er,and lost her heart to the organisation since.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=27338

Today November 7th and tomorrow November 8th HRH will be in Dublin to attend a symposium "Voces Celticae"
November 21st there will be the annual Peter Stuyvesant ball.
I am curious to know which son and daughter in law will accompany the princess and her husband

Were they ever accompanied by any other son & daughter-in-law than Prince Maurits & Princess Marilene? I believe they attended the Stuyvesant Ball several times.

Were they ever accompanied by any other son & daughter-in-law than Prince Maurits & Princess Marilene? I believe they attended the Stuyvesant Ball several times.

All the sons,and spouses except Princess Anita,have attended the Ball with their parents.
Actually,they showed some pics at tonights Blauw Bloed,with Floris & Aimée,Bernhard and Annette at the Stuyvesant Ball.
Ofcourse Anita won't attend this year,that would be something of a circus-act in her case at the moment.

Last edited:
Well I don't think Anita will be there this year. She will not be allowed to fly!
She will have her second child at the end of this month.

Maybe this time, they will all go together Three sons, three daughters in law and The princess with Prof.mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven.
That would be nice!

Does anyone have links to the photos?

The ball is on November 21st, so no photos available yet.

Oh, sorry! I must not have read this thread carefully enough:bang:. Thank you, sjetajiem:flowers:. I will look forward to seeing this year's photos.

Pieter van Vollenhoven attended the closing ceremony of the Military Air Base Soesterberg. 12-11-2008

PPE Agency

HRH Princess Margriet will attend the symposium Revalidatie Nederland at ING House Amsterdam,today.

Is the ING house the shoe-box building they have in AMsterdam-South, next to the highway?

Is the ING house the shoe-box building they have in AMsterdam-South, next to the highway?

Yes,gawd awfull thing that building,always had more of an ancient ship to me,a sinking one at that right now,well,at least it's making water...

Princess Margriet and dear Pieter will attend the annual Peter Stuyvesant Ball at the Grand Hyatt,NYC,friday november 21st.
Het Koninklijk Huis

what is the peter stuyvesant ball exactly?

nice to see magriet in new york :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom