Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 2 (Nov 2006-Dec 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if they will repeat the programme another day? I think I will not be able to watch it wednesday evening and the DVD-recorder is not functioning proberly either.

prinses said:

Nice video, prinses. Thanks for sharing! It seems that almost 60% of Dutch people (according to a survey) want Pieter to have the title of prince and they're talking about that in the video. Very interesting, all this. I think he deserves to have a title after all the hard work he did! :flowers:

All the best wishes to the couple! :)

Just one question: are there really serious discussions about Pieter getting a title? Oh a Prince Pieter would be nice! :rolleyes:

The discussions are not serious IMO, no politician seriously commented about it, just the media and some of the public.

Marengo said:
The discussions are not serious IMO, no politician seriously commented about it, just the media and some of the public.
Oh no.. he really deserves it! :rolleyes: Imo he belongs to the Royal Family... I never really understood why he didn't get a title.. but they had heir reasons. ;)

Thanks Lucien, the pictures are truly wonderfull, and nice to see ANita there to (as she was absent in the documentaries on the couple, probably due to her pregnancy).

Granting nobility to Pieter van Vollenhoven

princess olga said:
yes I'd agree with that. They made Claus a prince, which he wasn't prior to his marriage. Why not Pieter? Smacks like discrimination.

It has nothing to do with discrimination actually. For getting a title, you need to be granted nobility. The standing practice since 1950 is that no new nobility is granted. Prince Claus already was an aristocrat when he married Princess Beatrix. So there was no nobility granted, he already was a nobleman.
His grandchildren from his two youngest sons do belong to the Netherlands nobility with the title Graaf (Gravin) van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg. This is in fact no granting of new nobility (they inherited nobility via their fathers Prince Friso and Prince Constantijn) but just an elevation to a higher noble rank.

Pieter van Vollenhoven is no aristocrat and therefore also his children do not belong to the Netherlands nobility. Queen Juliana has (in a much criticized decision) granted his children the title Prins van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven, purely as a personal and non-hereditary title. Therefore none of Pieter van Vollenhoven's grandchildren has a title.

Since 2002 it is fixed by law that the spouse of the Sovereign and the spouse of the Prince(ss) of Orange are Prins(es) der Nederlanden in their own right.
So by her marriage to the Prince of Orange, Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti became a Princess in her own right under the law.

I'm sure that Queen Beatrix has always felt unlucky about her mother's decision concerning the personal princely titles for the sons of Pieter van Vollenhoven. Luckily, since 2002 new nobility can be created for members of the Royal House. Pieter van Vollenhoven is a member of the Royal House.

It is likely that when Queen Beatrix abdicates, also Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven will make place for the new King and for Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien. That is a moment on which King Willem IV Alexander (who seems to be very close to aunt Margriet and uncle Pieter) can issue a royal decree, to grant nobility to Pieter van Vollenhoven (and via him to his sons and his grandchildren).

Last edited:
Princess Margriet and mr Pieter not to be interred in Delft

There is a lot of media-attention for Princess Margriet of the Netherlands and her spouse professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven. The couple celebrates their 40th wedding anniversary.

On this website, made by a known royalty-watcher with good contacts to the royal family, it was said that the recent death of Jan-Willem van Vollenhoven, brother to Pieter, and the problems with skin-cancer have faced him once again with his own mortality.

He told that he already has been searching for a nice burial site: 'No, it will not be the royal vaults in the New Church in Delft. I prefer a field in the open nature, preferrable with thousands of margrieten (daisies)'.

Last edited:
The pictures are so great! Exactly what I expected :flowers: .
Margriet and Pieter look really happy.
A Kiss for Margriet.
Another one.
(ANP)

Wonderful pictures everyone! Thanks for sharing! This family is really lovely!

Wow, I love these pictures, what an amazing couple! :wub:

My thoughts also go to....

Princess Margriet married Pieter van Vollenhoven some 8 months after the wedding of Princess Beatrix with Prince Claus.

I think that, besides her genuine happiness for her sister, Queen Beatrix must feel a sport of pain too. Only a few months ago she could have celebrated her own 40th anniversary with her so beloved Prince Claus, if he was still alive....

Last edited:
this family is the cutest thing ever. i'm just delighted to see them again and again and it's a shame we dont see (specially the princesses) as often as they are clear examples of the perfect princesses!

just one "but": i normally love how aimee dresses but wearing make up to go to the snow to practise a sport is a little bit too much for me. in a picture all her rimmel is everywhere but in her eyelashes.

Wow wow beautiful photos on Princess Margriets family and grandchildren!!!

Anyone notice how little Lucas is the spitting image of granddad Pieter? Also, Bernard Jr.'s daughter Isabella strongly resembles Queen Juliana, her great-grandmother, I think.

HRH Princess Margriet and prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will receive the Silver Key of the City of Apeldoorn,and the honorary citizenship,today on occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary,Het Loo Palace,Apeldoorn.

The couple lives in Apeldoorn since their marriage in 1967.

Het Koninklijk Huis

lucien said:
HRH Princess Margriet and prof.mr.Pieter van Vollenhoven will receive the Silver Arms Key of the City of Apeldoorn,and the honorary citizenship,today on occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary,Het Loo Palace,Apeldoorn.

The couple lives in Apeldoorn since their marriage in 1967.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Looking great!

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Mr.Albert v/d Werf/Mr.Buys/Mr.Edwin Veloo.

Last edited:
they are too cute! i love them and im glad that they're marriage has lasted this long, they look just as in love as the day they married!

New Photo!!

A photo of Pieter and Margriet with their family! ;)

Source: RVD/Capital Photos

Last edited:
Wonderful picture!!!!Especially children are so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom