Princess Margriet & Prof Pieter Van Vollenhoven, Current Events 1 (Jul 2003-Nov 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news on the site of the royal house, Pieter van Vollenhoven was operated for skincancer, the operation was successfull, luckily:

Opnieuw weefsel verwijderd bij prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven op 13 april 2006

Bij prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven is op dezelfde plaats als in juni 2001 en augustus 2003 een vorm van huidkanker vastgesteld.

Het kwaadaardige weefsel is vandaag poliklinisch verwijderd in het Nederlands Kanker Instituut/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek ziekenhuis te Amsterdam.
De regelmatige controle van de heer Van Vollenhoven in dit ziekenhuis wordt voortgezet.
RVD, 13.04.06, 15.10 uur

Marengo said:
Bad news on the site of the royal house, Pieter van Vollenhoven was operated for skincancer, the operation was successfull, luckily:
That's so sad to hear.... I do hope he will be okay and that it won't develop any further.

I am hoping for the same. I believe this is the 3rd time he has cancer of the skin :(

Marengo said:
Bad news on the site of the royal house, Pieter van Vollenhoven was operated for skincancer, the operation was successfull, luckily

Thanks for the info. That is unfortunate news for Pieter. I hope he is OK.

And speaking of Pieter, I believe he has a birthday coming up soon? I can never remember the exact day.

Thought this picture was appropriate.

Happy Birthday to Prof. Mr. Pieter!:)

Photo: ONS Koningshuis

Princess Margriet old book Canada

I have found an older book titled "When Canada Was Home" The Story of Dutch Princess Margriet"
Full of wonderful old black and white pictures and story of her being "Canada's Princess" and mentioning that today her son Floris is the godchild of the Canadian Legion.
Also describes alot of her visits to Canada.

charlottestreasures said:
I have found an older book titled "When Canada Was Home" The Story of Dutch Princess Margriet"
Full of wonderful old black and white pictures and story of her being "Canada's Princess" and mentioning that today her son Floris is the godchild of the Canadian Legion.
Also describes alot of her visits to Canada.

This is a great book -- ask Squidy! :) When I was writing the October 2005 profile, Squidy was kind enough to take the time to scan the book with practically all of the beautiful pictures. You can see them here.

It is a good book Charlottestreasures & Alexandria - especially for those of us who can't read Dutch, but who like the Dutch RF. Unfortunately, I don't think there are too many books on the Dutch RF written in English.

There is another book relating to Margriet & Pieter and Canada. It is about their early 1970s visit with the Inuit of Northern Canada. But it's in Dutch!:(

http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledscanned028fe.jpg

Yes they wrote that themselves.
I found an old picture book on the Dutch Royal Family , ex-library book, but it was in a foreign language.

It is nice to have one in English, guess I will keep the one I found lately.

Margriet was in Amsterdam today to open a new center for training of OZW (healthcare). Shortly after her arrival she fell unwell and was taken to First Aid. They found nothing serious and she is back home.

News from BRMB

I hope HRH will be OK again soon.:confused:

Me to! Beterschap to the princess!

Ah, that's too bad. I guess that explains why we weren't seeing any pictures from her visit. Hopefully it is just a little bout of the flu or something minor like that.

Poor Margriet. I hope she is feeling better now. :(
Must have been the heat, it was pretty warm today.

19-05-2006 Princess Margriet has opened the Sanquin blood bank in Groningen

It's nice to see her out & about again!

Photos: Picture Press Europe

Attachments

• 06051902.jpg
    06051902.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 06051903.jpg
    06051903.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 06051904.jpg
    06051904.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 06051905.jpg
    06051905.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 06051906.jpg
    06051906.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 06051907.jpg
    06051907.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 06051910.jpg
    06051910.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 06051901.jpg
    06051901.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 99
This jacket looks familiar. Did she wear it to Pieter-Christiaans civil wedding??
Agreed, good to see her again, and still very much involved with healthcare.

Good to see our Margriet again. Lovely jacket. I've seen it before too, but I don't recall when. :eek:

I like her relaxed and professional style, it's much less flamboyant than Her Majesty's

You have good memories for details Marengo & Maxima.:) I just checked & you're right, Margriet did wear this jacket at P-C & Anita's civil wedding.

Here's another picture from the official site http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/index.jsp

It's kind of funny.On the BRMB Marianne explained that the balls symbolize blood donated by people. Being of "blue blood", Margriet was asked to add the blue ball.

Attachments

• 2006 05 19 f.jpg
    2006 05 19 f.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 111
Has the interview that Margriet recently gave about the work of the Red Cross in Africa has been shown on Dutch TV? If so, did anyone watch it?

Squidgy said:
Has the interview that Margriet recently gave about the work of the Red Cross in Africa has been shown on Dutch TV? If so, did anyone watch it?

No its not shown yet.

Princess Margriet opened the Kulturhus “Noaberhuus” in Okkenbroek today.
The Kulturhus “Noaberhuus” is for the people in the country and is managed by disabled people.

According picture press europe that is. Here are some pictures from the same agency.

Margriet is really looking splendid today!

Attachments

• 06060217.jpg
    06060217.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 06060216.jpg
    06060216.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 06060215.jpg
    06060215.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 06060214.jpg
    06060214.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 06060213.jpg
    06060213.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 06060212.jpg
    06060212.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 06060211.jpg
    06060211.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 06060210.jpg
    06060210.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 06060209.jpg
    06060209.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 144
Great pictures Maxie! It's been so nice to see Margriet out & about so much this year. I think it was pretty well a year ago that she broke her tailbone & finally it looks like she's recovered. She looks great!

I agree with you, the princess just refuses to age :) ...and even does so in a natural way.

Sadly I missed the interview with the princess!!! Marianne gave a nice review about it on the Beneluix Royals MB:

The journey to Namibia, to highlight the many projects there by the Red Cross, was the reason for Princess Margriet's journey.
Personally I would have preferred seeing a documentary of that journey (and all those meetings with persons involved in various HIV/AIDS projects/campaigns) and then hearing the princess explain and the interviewer asking some questions.
Now mr. Rosenmöller was far too eager to be pictured and ask questions while the Princess already was explaining her case & the efforts made by the Red Cross in this part of Africa.

The Princess also told about her father always travelling to Africa (in her memory it was like every year...) and only when the whole family assembled for the Golden Wedding Get-Together (1997) she had come to love ("fully overwhelmed" !!) this Continent herself.
The Princess explained the different projects in this part of the Continent and was filmed when visiting different parts of Namibia & talking to those who are involved in HIV/AIDS projects.
She always talked English and often a translator had to explain what was said by African women, who talked openly about their role and all the difficulties still to overcome.
The issue still is (and let's face it, it's not only in Africa that there's still a big controversy surrounding poverty/(child)prostitution and HIV/AIDS!!) a remaining factor for many high profile international institutions, like the Red Cross.
The Princess also admitted that the Red Cross had been, relatively, late with its involvement in this issue but she said they had learned from all previous efforts by others and were whole-heartedly involved now.

The Princess indeed became emotional when asked about death in general, and (her parents having died both in 2004) if she gave some thoughts to dying too.
Knowing her husband has been diagnosed with skin-cancer and him having had several treatments lately I consider this a very lousy question in fact, and I can fully understand why the Princess struggled to find some words and was silent for several minutes.

Her involvement with the Red Cross is obvious as she was delighted to meet 'old friends'and 'fellow Red Crossers' (her own expresion during the interview!) and she felt a true bond with those who are doing 'field work' and she made a clear definition between 'Geneva' (Red Cross HQ) and those who see lots of misery in every day life!

* I remember, Oscar, that the Princess was also moved to tears when visiting Kosovo and also when visiting Refugee Camps, some years ago.
So she is not only a trained nurse and a well-known ChairWoman, but still has a big heart and is emotionally involved with the good cause she represents!
Her social involvement was not only inherited from her own mother Juliana, she said during the interview, but also from her paternal grandmother, Armgard.

Prinses Margriet en prof.mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven 10 juni 2006 bij 'End of Season' van Introdans

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Margriet der Nederlanden en professor mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven wonen zaterdagavond 10 juni in Schouwburg Arnhem de slotvoorstelling End of Season bij van Introdans.

De feestelijke voorstelling bestaat uit een parade van opzienbarende werken uit het afgelopen seizoen, van Introdans, Introdans Ensemble voor de Jeugd en Introdans Educatie.
Introdans presenteerde dit seizoen drie verschillende programma’s: DANCE DESIGN, WHITE DREAMS EN DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS. Introdans Ensemble voor de Jeugd bracht de programma’s COMEDY en STAMPING SOUNDS.
In End of Season is een selectie uit deze programma’s te zien. Introdans brengt de werken Vision Fugitives van Hans van Manen en Paradise? van Gisela Rocha. Introdans Ensemble voor de Jeugd voert voor deze gelegenheid Wrapped op van Inbal Pinto, het dansante Pas de Danse van Mats Ek en het ritmische Final Sounds van Robert Battle. Een speciaal moment op de avond is de presentatie van Introdans Educatie: naast de workshoppresentatie Staalkaart toont Introdans Educatie Het Duel, het robotarmenballet van choreograaf Adriaan Luteijn, gedanst door Introdans-danser Gaëtan Chailly en vier jongeren met een spierziekte.
Introdans, opgericht in 1971, is uitgegroeid tot een van de grootste balletgezelschappen in Nederland. Verschillende choreografen creëren voor Introdans balletten, waarin klassieke elementen gecombineerd worden met moderne technieken.
Prinses Margriet is Beschermvrouwe van Introdans. De Prinses heeft belangstelling voor modern ballet en hecht waarde aan het feit dat het gezelschap voorstellingen voor een breed publiek maakt en kwetsbare groeperingen bij zijn activiteiten betrekt.
31 mei 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom