Princess Margarita & Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, News 1 (February 2003-February 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Het Gesprek » Archief video

saw a bit of this interview and he is a bit antigonistic but I did not find him as antipathetic as I thougt I would.
And was at a dinnerparty friday where someone who is a journalist for the volkskrant said that they investigated E. De Roy from a to z and he has a phd from Oxford, which is not bad. And a few people said that they would not be in his place by having Beatrix as an enemy.
I find it a bit sad that if you have the power to distroy someone, like Beatrix has, you go and do it too.

Well, how did Beatrix ´destroy´ Edwin? I think that that was mainly done by the kamikaze actions in the press that he did in the past (with Margarita sometimes, I remember the rediculous interview on the red couch of Frits Barend). He can appear sensible at times, I remember an interview with NOVA where he seemed normal, but a few days later we heard that just before the interview he was yelling at the phone to his wife and banging his head against the wall. Personally I think he is intelligent indeed, but I think he has a personality disorder, maybe borderline or something?

Last edited:
he said "they" spread rumors about his financial affairs, while he was living in France and that destroyed him pretty much as a businessman.
I do not think it is unbelievable that the topfamily, beatrix and her 3 sons are the ones who rule the roast and everyone has to cooperate as he claims.
I also do not believe he hit her, as he says he did not, but those are such personal things no one can know for sure

Op course he does weird things like walking around a reception of ANP(?) that was set up by Fentener van Vlissingen with a picture in his hand of him sitting at a table with Hitler. And I read an interview with him where he said very sexually shocking things about Irene and gross remarks about WA that are not necessary imo

Anyway, it came as surprise to me that he did not sound bad, Marengo did you see the interview?:flowers:

Well, how did Beatrix ´destroy´ Edwin? I think that that was mainly done by the kamikaze actions in the press that he did in the past (with Margarita sometimes, I remember the rediculous interview on the red couch of Frits Barend). He can appear sensible at times, I remember an interview with NOVA where he seemed normal, but a few days later we heard that just before the interview he was yelling at the phone to his wife and banging his head against the wall. Personally I think he is intelligent indeed, but I think he has a personality disorder, maybe borderline or something?

No, I haven´t seen it yet, it doesn´t seem to open. But I am not surprised to see him at ´Het gesprek´, as Frits Barend usually acted as his patron in the past. So I didn´t get the part of the Hitler picture either, but I hope Iw ill be able to open the site when I am at home.

The financial difficulties... do you really think that that ´ruined´ him? I think it was only mentioned once by Maartje van Weegen, during the live report of the wedding of WA and Maxima. I doubt that it could ruin Edwin completely (though it would surely damage him).

I have a hard time envisioning Queen Beatrix at Huis ten Bosch as a sort of Cruella deVille and her sons as her 3 helpers, wondering how to ruin Edwin. What would be the use anyway (though Edwin was very uncivil to Constantijn, Laurentien and other members of the RF at his wedding ´allemaal opdonderen´)? HM hates scandals, so what would she gain by damaging Edwins reputation at that point? However I wouldn´t be surprised if some eager courtier would leak the information about Edwin and financial problems.

well, we will never know the complete truth, he just seemed less bad than I thought he would be. And I do think he genuinely loved her. He said he still did in his heart but, friends had pointed out to him the things she has signed against him recently and so he does not love her in "his head".

Het Gesprek » Archief video

saw a bit of this interview and he is a bit antigonistic but I did not find him as antipathetic as I thougt I would.
And was at a dinnerparty friday where someone who is a journalist for the volkskrant said that they investigated E. De Roy from a to z and he has a phd from Oxford, which is not bad. And a few people said that they would not be in his place by having Beatrix as an enemy.
I find it a bit sad that if you have the power to distroy someone, like Beatrix has, you go and do it too.

De Volkskrant doesn't know it all either SA even tho they love to claim the opposite,and phd or not,he is a mental case.I do not like your line about the Queen using her power to destroy some-one,he did all of that himself,and dear aunt Trix saw the mess coming before anyone else did.
E d R v Z is very good at acting,and you seem to be naive,so..that's all he's after,the oh factor.I'm still looking for a canal to ditch him when I meet him.

All's well that ends well.The judge ruled today that Princess Margarita does not have to pay alimony to EdRvZ since she hardly has any financial means of her own.Her income consists of the 800 euro's a month she gets from her mother,Princess Irene,according to the judge.

So is it the end or we will hear about it again some day?

It's little boring...

Last edited:
No, we will keep hearing things about him I suppose, today I saw him in a magazine kissing his dog Pablo.

--

I have a hard time imagening Princess Margarita living of 800 euros a month in Amsterdam, that is almost impossible for a student, and I highly doubt she is living in a student house. And she should have inherited some money from her grandmother, though much of that money probably went to lawyers etc. Anyway nice to see that the Princess is getting support from her mother (she wasn´t too nice about Irene in the past) and as an added bonus that Edwin won´t get a penny out of the Orange´s anymore.

No, we will keep hearing things about him I suppose, today I saw him in a magazine kissing his dog Pablo.

--

I have a hard time imagening Princess Margarita living of 800 euros a month in Amsterdam, that is almost impossible for a student, and I highly doubt she is living in a student house. And she should have inherited some money from her grandmother, though much of that money probably went to lawyers etc. Anyway nice to see that the Princess is getting support from her mother (she wasn´t too nice about Irene in the past) and as an added bonus that Edwin won´t get a penny out of the Orange´s anymore.
Poor dog...

She recive all these money or there were some restriction like age or something or supervision about them?

All this is awful and unbeliable. Poor Princess Margarita, being the victim of this gold digger! :bang: How could she even have been married to this psicopat? :eek:

Vanesa.

--

Mothers are mothers,and very forgiving in the end.

The 800?Very clever paperwork by her lawyer,in reality I think she has a "bit" more then just this.Never mind,anything will do to keep that twit at arms lenght.Thought you would have found a fitting canal for him by now....

Well, the allowance of Margarita certainly caused headlines in the gossip press.

Apparently Princess Margarita lives in a house that is worth 700.000 euros but that is owned by her mother Princess Irene, the house is located in the center of Amsterdam. Margarita is working at Pearl Design, which is not a shop where they sell pearl jewelry but apparently a company that gives advice about interior and exterior decoration of houses and company buildings/offices.

Last edited:
As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]The Dutch National Ombudsman urgently asked P.M. Jan Peter Balkenende to react to a complaint by Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn. Last year the RVD (Dutch State Information Department, responsible for all information regarding the Dutch Royal House under the responsibility of P.M. = Minister of General Affairs) announced that some sort of [Joris: financial?] arrangement had been settled between him and the RF, which was not true, about which Edwin complained to the P.M. The P.M. said that his complaint wasn't filed in time, which now, it seems, is not correct.
[/FONT]

According to nu.nl Edwin de Roy plans to sue tv-presentor Albert Verlinde. According to Edwin de Roy he received a death thread, and his name was slandered. in the programme of 4 December Verlinde talked with royalty ´journalist´ Peter van der Vorst about another lawsuit of Edwin. Edwin wanted to sue Net5 as he didn´t want a programme repeated where an actress sees a picture of him and said ´isn´t that the man with the loose hands?´ (implying he beats things/people) .

After the report about the l.awsuit Albert Verlinde joked that the programme used to be named ´under the tram´ and said that he still wanted that the programme was named that way, when I think of him´. He also named some of the things Edwin did ´embazzlement, stealing things...´ . According to Edwin de Roy this is not true, hence the lawsuit.

Courtesy ATR.

Posted by Martin T on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Usually he loses his numerous legal proceedings, but this time Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn has won.

The gossip-presenter Albert Verlinde has called de Roy a thief and a cheater in one of his shows.
Of course, immediately de Roy took legal proceeding against Verlinde.

The court in Amsterdam has judged that Verlinde's statements were illegal acts.
Verlinde's broadcast cooperation has to pay € 1500,- as reimbursement to De Roy.
[/FONT]

Posted by Martin T on the Benelux Royals MB:

[/center]

He had demanded for a 15.000 euro fine for Verlinde and another 10.000 from RTL.What he got was still too much.....

I agree, I am surprised RTL and Verlinde have to pay anything at all, esp. considering that far worse things are said on television, about Edwin de Roy or about others. And I have heard far more shocking things said about Edwin in real life too...;)

Last edited:
Free newspaper ´Metro´ today had on their frontpage in big bold letters: ´Princess Margarita refuses to pay lawyers´. Apparently th Princess refuses to pay the laywers she once hired with her husband. Her present lawyer Kemper the lawyers should have done the case pro deo.

According to the article the Princess lives from 800 euros a month, which she receives from her mother. So she is also unable to pay. Mr. Kemper finds it rather bad taste that the former lawyers talked about it instead of keeping at for themselves, as is usual.

The former lawyers say they were not working pro deo as they had no reason to assume at that time that the princess and her (former) husband were having financial difficulties. They were living in a castle in France, flying up and down to The Netherlands in an airplane and when they were in Amsterdam they were staying in hotels.

Last edited:
Last week 'Metro' had an interview with Edwin de Roy, not too interesting but he says he still wants allimentation of Princess Margarita, he doesn't believe she has to live from 800 euros a month but that she recently inherite a lot more from her grandparents. The reason he wants allimentation is because he says it is impossible for him to get a job in The Netherlands, which is true of course, as I seriously doubt that even McDonalds would let him frie hamburgers. He also says he will continue his attempts to restaure his honour... sigh. He says he doesn't have an aunt who owns 7 Billion euros (he seems to think that Beatrix has that amount of money)but he will continue and he says 'the only way is up', which is indeed true (can't think it is possible for him to fall even deeper).

Last edited:
I find it a bit odd that they are the plaintiffs btw, why not the RVD or something? Somehow I liked Queen Wilhelmina's aproach: 'We do not sue our countrymen'. I suppose this sueing will continue for the years to come, so as King he will probably get a record of lawsuits on his name.

Since Princess Margarita has a new boyfriend, should news about Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn still be in this topic?

According to a boulevard magazine, Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma was wearing an engagement ring at the birthday festivities of her aunts Beatrix and Margriet in theatre Carre, Amsterdam.

Since Princess Margarita has a new boyfriend, should news about Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn still be in this topic?

Well, the other option is to give him a topic of his own I think. As Margarita is his connection to the RF we can keep him in this thread until her relationship with Tjalling ten Cate gets more official.

Well, the other option is to give him a topic of his own I think. As Margarita is his connection to the RF we can keep him in this thread until her relationship with Tjalling ten Cate gets more official.
Do we must ? Why we can't just forget about him?

Last edited:
Well, the guy keeps popping up in the press threatening with lawsuits and all that and saying nasty things about the RF.

The human beings capability for making ourselves miserable astounds me sometimes. It's as if we want to be sad and unhappy and miserable, as long as we are the center of attention, or at least think that we are.

One would think and hope that by this time, they would both have moved on with their lives and tried to find some semblence of happiness. Instead, he at least, chooses to continue to try and ride along on his dubious at best, connection to the royal family. Not that anyone who was in their right mind would want him at this point, but you'd think that they would at least try.

As for giving him a topic of his own,.... No Way! Hopefully he will just go away!

Oh do I agree with that,no way to give that thing a thread of his own,mental cases of his level really do not deserve that in any way,please,the very idea.

Apparently neither Marengo nor I have seen him walking past a canal,otherwise this whole thread would have been closed already...;)

Well, with the engagement of Princess Margarita and Tjalling ten Cate we can close this thread. Margarita and Tjalling will get a new 'News and Events' thread. Edwin can wait for now, but when he starts one of his tantrums about the RF we can open a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom