Princess Margarita & Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, News 1 (February 2003-February 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri M. said:
No, they do not belong to the Royal House of the Netherlands or the House of Orange-Nassau and have no title 'Prince(ss) of the Netherlands' or 'Prince(ss) of Orange-Nassau'.

They belong to the royal family De Bourbon de Parme.

When Edwin said, there are real royals and 'fake' royals, there was a certain truth in that: if we follow the male lineage the House of Orange-Nassau died with Prince Willem III in 1702. The House of Nassau-Dietz became extinct with the deat of Queen Wilhelmina in 1962. Strictly spoken we do have a Queen from the House of Lippe.

But then we have a British queen from the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (same family as the Royal family of Belgium) and will have a British king from the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Gluecksburg (same family as the Royal families of Denmark and Norway). But I think that in modern times with female succession rights the "House"-name is inheritable through the mother as well. When Victoria of Sweden marries, surely her children will stay Bernadottes as will the children of the other future queens of Europe surely keep their dynasty's name.

thanks for the informative reply :flowers:

Henri M. said:
No, they do not belong to the Royal House of the Netherlands or the House of Orange-Nassau and have no title 'Prince(ss) of the Netherlands' or 'Prince(ss) of Orange-Nassau'.

They belong to the royal family De Bourbon de Parme.

When Edwin said, there are 'real royals' and 'fake royals', there was a certain truth in that: if we follow the male lineage, then the House of Orange-Nassau died with Prince Willem III in 1702. The rights of the Orange-Nassaus were inherited by the collateral branch, the House of Nassau-Dietz. This House on its turn became extinct with the death of Queen Wilhelmina in 1962.

Strictly spoken we do have a Queen from the House of Lippe.
And in the nearby future we will witness the head of an untitled noble family (Von Amsberg) to assume the kingship.

well, there is no truth in his remarks if he meant that the members of the house of Orange are fake royals. Being direct descendants of a famous predecessor isn't a requirement for being royal, which is what he implies. As Mr. de Roy might regret, it was the congress of Vienna which decided about who is royal and who is not, and not Mr de Roy van Z. But I am sure in his own twisted mind his own opinion should be more important to the world then that of Metternich, Talleyrand etc ;)

Hi marengo, Do you happen to have a link to where we can find information on the congress of vienna, with regards to the royal houses?

Marengo said:
Apparently it was all a april fools joke by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB, so no Edwin de Roy on buitenhof but Femke Halsema instead :).

Her father is a Duke but not an english/noble style duke. The house of Bourbon Parma were the souvereign dukes of Parma and HRH. They descend from a younger son of a King of Spain. As such they belong to the +/- 50 royal families of Europe as was decided by the congress of Vienna.

Here a link to the geneology of the family. Their pedigree is more impressive then the one of the House of Orange IMHO, as direct descendents of Louis XIV, among others.

huh? According to this link, Margarita is only a Countess and not a princess. That is interesting. Or is that the secondary title to the princess title that is assumed?

Your last assumption in the correct one, the link starts with

The present members of this family bear the title Prince[ss] of Bourbon-Parma (Royal Highness).

So in addition to her title, HRH Princess Margarita Maria Beatrix of Bourbon-Parma she also holds the courtesy title Countess di Colorno. Compare it to HRH Infanta Cristina of Spain who is also Duchess of Palma de Mallorca for example. The countly title is not hereditairy but a personal one btw.

-
I have no link to the congress of Vienna, but the site that has the geneology of the house of Parma has that of all royal families, + explanations on the congrewss of Vienna, mediatised houses etc. So enjoy your stay at Paul Theroff's 'An Online Gotha'.

Empress said:
huh? According to this link, Margarita is only a Countess and not a princess. That is interesting. Or is that the secondary title to the princess title that is assumed?
She's both: HRH Princess Marguerita of Bourbon-Parma, Countess of Colorno.

Her father, Head of the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma, gave this title in 1996, and at the same time her sister, Princess Marie Carolina, received 'Marquesa of Sala'.

I have just fallen in love with this site, although one could wish that it had something of a better format.

Thanks Marengo and Warren

Direct from father to father to Louis XIV, Le Roi Soleil

Carlos Xavier Bernardo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Prince de Piacenza (1970)
Margarita Maria Beatriz Princess de Bourbon de Parme, Countess di Colormo (1972)
Jaime Bernardo Prince de Bourbon de Parme, Count di Bardi (1972)
Maria Carolina Christina Princess de Bourbon de Parme, Marchioness di Sala (1974)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are children from

Charles Hugues Xavier Marie Sixte Louis Robert Jean Georges Benoît Michel de Bourbon, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza, Prince de Bourbon (1930)
&
Irene Emma Elizabeth Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, Princess of Lippe-Biesterfeld (1939)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are grandchildren from

Francesco Saverio Carlo Maria Anna Giuseppe de Bourbon, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza, Prince of Bourbon (1889-1977)
&
Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset (1898-1894)

are II grandchildren from

Roberto Carlo Luigi Maria de Bourbon, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza (1848-1907)
&
Dona Maria Antónia Adelaide Camila Carolina Eulália Leopoldina Sofia Inès Francisca de Assis e de Paula Micaela Rafaela Gabriela Gonzaga Gregória Bernardina Benedita Andrea Infanta of Portugal (1862-1959)

are III grandchildren from

Ferdinando Carlo III Giuseppe Maria Vittorio Baldassare de Bourbon, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza (1823-1854)
&
Louise Marie Thérèse de Bourbon, Princess of France (1819-1864)

are IV grandchildren from

Carlo II Lodovico Ferdinando de Bourbon, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza (1799-1883)
&
Maria Teresa Ferdinanda Felicita Gaetana Pia Princess of Savoy, Princess of Sardinia (1803-1879)

are V grandchildren from

Lodovico I Francesco Filiberto de Bourbon, Prince of Parma (1773-1803)
&
Doña María Luísa Josefina Antonieta de Bourbon, Infanta of Spain (1782-1824)

are VI grandchildren of

Ferdinando Maria Filippo Lodovico Sebastiano Francesco Giacomo de Bourbon, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza and of Guastalla (1751-1802)
&
Marie Amalie Josepha Johanna Antonie Princess Imperial and Archduchess of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Princess of Tuscany (1746-1804)

are VII grandchildren of

Felipe de Bourbon, Infante of Spain, Duke of Parma, Duke of Piacenza and of Guastalla (1720-1765)
&
Louise Élisabeth de Bourbon, Princess of France (1727-1759)

are VIII grandchildren of

Don Felipe V de Bourbon, King of Spain,
born as: HRH Philippe de Bourbon, Prince of France, Duke d'Anjou (1683-1746)
&
Elisabetha Farnese Princess of Parma (1692-1766)

are IX grandchildren of

Louis de Bourbon, Le Grand Dauphin, Prince de France, Duke of Burgundy (1661-1711)
&
Marie-Anne Christine Duchess of Bavaria (1660-1690)

are X grandchildren of

Louis XIV Dieudonné de Bourbon, Le Grand, King of France (1638-1715)
&
Maria-Theresia of Austria (1638-1683)

I just read in 'De Pers' that Edwin de Roy one a courtcase against airline Martinair. The company had an add in a newspaper and used Edwins portrait for it. I am not aware what the add was like but Edwin called it 'character-murder', so it can't have been too positive. He won the case as they didn't have the right to publish his portrait in an add without his permission.

Marengo said:
I just read in 'De Pers' that Edwin de Roy one a courtcase against airline Martinair. The company had an add in a newspaper and used Edwins portrait for it. I am not aware what the add was like but Edwin called it 'character-murder', so it can't have been to positive. He won the case as they didn't have the right to publish his portrait in an add without his permission.
well I have to say I'd agree for once with Edwin then. I wouldn't want to find my face in an ad either without my permission frankly! :ermm:

Edwin claims that his mobile phone with telephone numbers of members of the RF is stolen. He wants 600.000 euros from the man that he suspects of this theft and he wants 100.000 euros extra for extra day it takes the supposed thief to give the phone back. I believe the 'thief' is another former lawyer of Edwin de R.

Edwin claims that his mobile phone with telephone numbers of members of the RF is stolen. He wants 600.000 euros from the man that he suspects of this theft and he wants 100.000 euros extra for extra day it takes the supposed thief to give the phone back. I believe the 'thief' is another former lawyer of Edwin de R.

Oh that risée.That mobile phone was kept in a closed closet of which only Edwin had the key,so he claims.It can in no way be proven that the darn thing even really exist(ed)s.He wants a 500.000 euro fine and an additional 100.000 for each day he doesn't get his toy back.He 's got himself a new attorney,one in a row of many,who looks as if he's just been released from the binhouse too,nice duo...:rolleyes:
His former attorney is more then fet up now as E fails to pay fees due since years,so the kid is just in need of cash,he hasn't got any,ah,but that's old news.

I can't believe this, 600,000 euros for a stolen mobile phone just because it contains contact numbers of the DRF... I understand that those numbers should be kept confidential. But that amount? I thought he hates them? Looks like he wants to 'profit' from them in whatever way.... and shouldn't it be the DRF who should sue if and when the numbers are leaked by the "thief", and not this Edwin character? Shouldn't he just cut his losses and try to rebuild this life? Is he getting any money from his divorce to Princess Margarita? He is such an embarassment to the DRF (although Princess Margarita is "technically" from the House of Bourbon)! And such a wacko, poor guy (therapy should help)!

Last edited:
I was wrong btw, the guy he is dragging to court isn't a lawyer but a publisher. Apparently they were writing a book together about Edwin's recent past.

Apart from the phone he also claims that tapes went missing with recordings of convesations between Princess Margarita and her mother Princess Irene.

The publiser opened up to the press and he denies having stolen anything, but claims that there was a break-in in his office. He also made some negative remarks about Edwin. Apparently Edwin can't put two words on a paper, which is the reason why the book that he is always bragging about keeps getting postponed, postponed and postponed.

someone told me he has a phd, he does have a brain.

I was wrong btw, the guy he is dragging to court isn't a lawyer but a publisher. Apparently they were writing a book together about Edwin's recent past.

Apart from the phone he also claims that tapes went missing with recordings of convesations between Princess Margarita and her mother Princess Irene.

The publiser opened up to the press and he denies having stolen anything, but claims that there was a break-in in his office. He also made some negative remarks about Edwin. Apparently Edwin can't put two words on a paper, which is the reason why the book that he is always bragging about keeps getting postponed, postponed and postponed.

Sure, but that doesn; t exclude the possibility that writing, like self-reflection, isn't one of his talents.

it might also be possible that he is unable to reach the tone and level of mediocraty that will sell books to the public it is meant for

Sure, but that doesn; t exclude the possibility that writing, like self-reflection, isn't one of his talents.

You think that Edwin's style will be to intellectual for most to understand? How come? Sure he takes pain to use as many difficult and old-fashioned words as possible when he speaks, and preferably on the most affected tone possible too, but I don't think that means that his writing-tone is good too (neither does it mean that his speaking is good btw).

I do not think it would sell without the help of a ghostwriter/editor. He can not make it too stupid either because his name is on the cover of the book as the author. I will not be reading or buying it either way, his way of dealing with things is depressing to me.

You think that Edwin's style will be to intellectual for most to understand? How come? Sure he takes pain to use as many difficult and old-fashioned words as possible when he speaks, and preferably on the most affected tone possible too, but I don't think that means that his writing-tone is good too (neither does it mean that his speaking is good btw).

According to Prive magazine Princess Margarita has a shop in Amsterdam called pearl design. She still works as an interior decorator too.

I don´t understand, why the Dutch Royal Family didn´t accept Edwin de Roy.

Princess Margarita´s daughters in law doesn´t have a royal title.

Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel didn´t have a royal title;

also Margarita belongs to a non-reigning house.

I don´t understand, why the Dutch Royal Family didn´t accept Edwin de Roy.

Princess Margarita´s daughters in law doesn´t have a royal title.

Maxima, Laurentien and Mabel didn´t have a royal title;

also Margarita belongs to a non-reigning house.

The dutch RF didn't accept him for the lunetic he was,they saw that coming.

Margarita has no daughters in law,she's childless.

Non-reigning,yes,but Royal Hignesses nonetheless incorporated as such into the dutch nobility,the only family with that status besides the RF.Furthermore,father Prince Carlos Hugo was adamantly against the marriage.

I refer Queen Beatrix´s Sister (Princess Margaret). She Has four sons.

Exactly lucien, the family feared that Edwin was a gold digger and unfortunately their fears proved right, and so much worse!

Exactly lucien, the family feared that Edwin was a gold digger and unfortunately their fears proved right, and so much worse!

Just when we thought that name would fade away from this forum and the rest of the world,here we go again.

A judge ruled today that EdRvZwijnestein gets "his" stuff back,furniture that is,not his former wife,to whom he still refers as "my wife".The stuff will also include "his" dog Paco,according to EdRvZ,that is.Sorry for this update,Í,like you all,had rather seen this whole hullabaloo over,or Edwin trippling/kukeling into a canal a while back:rolleyes:

Apparently the jolly joker wants to sue the 'Telegraaf' newspaper too, as they published 130 untrue stories about him (according to himself).

Peter Nughter, self-proclaimed amateur DNA researcher was interviewed by peter van der Vorst yesterday for RTL boulevard. Apparently he still ahs the underwear of Princess Margarita in his posesion with which he wants to prove that the RF doesn't descend from King Willem I. He also claims he has hairs of HM The Queen and he got diapers of Amalia. He acquired the diapers when Amalia was still a baby and the trash was still put outside at Villa Eikenhorst as in any other house.

Princess Margarita's lawyer says the claims about Margarita's underwear are untrue and the Princess never gave them to mr. Nughter.

how sordid:eek:, I once heard that in the fashion world they search each others trash in order to steal designs but this is unbelievable and I do not think that anyone or not many people care about whether they descend from willem I or not.

Peter Nughter, self-proclaimed amateur DNA researcher was interviewed by peter van der Vorst yesterday for RTL boulevard. Apparently he still ahs the underwear of Princess Margarita in his posesion with which he wants to prove that the RF doesn't descend from King Willem I. He also claims he has hairs of HM The Queen and he got diapers of Amalia. He acquired the diapers when Amalia was still a baby and the trash was still put outside at Villa Eikenhorst as in any other house.

Princess Margarita's lawyer says the claims about Margarita's underwear are untrue and the Princess never gave them to mr. Nughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom