Princess Margarita & Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, News 1 (February 2003-February 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the queens sister children, prince(ss) and their father's arent royal.

Princess Margarita's father is a Prince of Bourbon-Parma. That's why she's a Princess.

:flower: HB

;) This is a old story, from around March.... It is not important anymore....

Dutch article, it is going about the Margarita and Edwin, here is a English summary:

Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn and Princess Margarita has a team of lawyers that work for them, because the case against the State and the Royal family. (See articles above why there is a case)

First some lawyers (mr. Nicolai etc.) worked for M en E, but than suddenly they refused to work any longer for Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, but they didn't find it a problem to work for Princess Margarita. Margarita wanted that the lawyers work for her and Edwin, so they took a new team of lawyers (mrs. Bohler etc). Now this team do the same thing as the first team, they refused to work any longer for Edwin but they still want to work for Princess Margarita.

It seems that Edwin is uhmmm...quit impossible :blink:
If your own lawyers refuse to work any longer for you, well than you are....uhmmm..not a very friendly person. And it is the second time, that this happened :wacko:

-----------------------------------------------------
Advocaten werken alleen nog voor Margarita

DEN HAAG - De advocaten van prinses Margarita en Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn, B. Böhler en V. Koppe, werken alleen nog voor de prinses. Dat is donderdag gebleken tijdens de behandeling van het verzoek van het paar om een aantal getuigen te laten horen.

Het echtpaar wil die getuigen, onder wie prins Bernhard, oproepen om te kunnen beslissen, of het een procedure tegen de Staat en het Koninklijk Huis aanspant. De prinses en haar man voelen zich door haar familie geschaad. De rechtbank beslist 5 februari over het verzoek.

Böhler en Koppe zeiden donderdag in Den Haag in deze kwestie nog steeds voor beiden te spreken, maar het komt erop neer dat de samenwerking daarna voorbij is. De Roy van Zuydewijn zou nog wel verder willen procederen.

De advocaten weigerden na afloop elk commentaar. Eerder kwam een einde aan de samenwerking van De Roy van Zuydewijn met onder anderen advocaat mr. Peter Nicolaï. De prinses hield die advocaten toen nog even aan, maar niet lang erna ging het stel samen op zoek naar nieuwe: Böhler en Koppe.

Volgens dit tweetal maakt het einde aan de samenwerking met de man van Margarita niets uit voor de behandeling van het verzoek om getuigen te laten horen. Het was de advocaat van de tegenpartij, mr. G. Houtzagers namens de Staat, die ter zitting meldde dat Koppe en Böhler hem woensdag hadden laten weten "dat zij na de sluiting van deze behandeling niet langer zullen optreden voor de heer De Roy van Zuydewijn."

"Ongeacht wat daarvoor de reden is, en die reden gaat de Staat ook niet aan ", vraagt de landsadvocaat zich af wat de nieuwe situatie betekent voor het belang om bepaalde getuigen te laten horen.

Margarita en haar man willen behalve Margarita's opa prins Bernhard onder anderen ook haar vader, prins Carlos Hugo de Bourbon de Parme, en haar broer, prins Carlos de Bourbon de Parme, laten horen. Ook de directeur van het Kabinet der Koningin, Felix Rhodius, directeur-generaal Eef Brouwers van de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst, Sybrand van Hulst van de Algemene Inlichtingen- en Veiligheidsdienst (AIVD) en Maartje van Weegen van NOS Actueel zouden naar de rechtbank moeten komen.

Rhodius gaf de toenmalige veiligheidsdienst BVD opdracht onderzoek naar De Roy van Zuydewijn te doen. Volgens Böhler en Koppe behelzen de resultaten privacygevoelige en ook onjuiste informatie, die vervolgens ongeoorloofd naar de opa, vader en broer van Margarita is doorgesluisd. Bevoegde ministers wisten van niets. De Staat heeft volgens de raadslieden bovendien onderzoek gedaan zonder dat er gegronde redenen waren. Volgens Koppe heeft het onderzoek naar Margarita's man ook "een interessant en duidelijk reliëf" gekregen na de zogenoemde Mabel-affaire. Werd de nu zo omstreden Mabel Wisse Smit, de verloofde van prins Johan Friso, "vrijwel direct tot de koningin toegelaten" en werd er slechts op de valreep nog wat onderzoek gedaan, De Roy van Zuydewijn werd kennelijk meteen gezien als iemand die mogelijk gevaar zou kunnen opleveren.

Verder hebben de belastinggegevens van De Roy van Zuydewijn een volgens de raadslieden wonderlijke weg afgelegd en fluisterde iemand tv-verslaggeefster Maartje van Weegen in, dat hij in financiële problemen verkeerde. Zij meldde dat tijdens het live-verslag van het huwelijk van prins Willem-Alexander in februari 2002. Bovendien zouden Margarita en Edwin "veelvuldig zijn afgeluisterd en geobserveerd, een en ander mede op verzoek van prins Bernhard."

Volgens de advocaat van de Staat moet het verzoek om getuigen te horen worden afgewezen, omdat alle relevante informatie bekend is en omdat bepaalde beschuldingen niet terecht zijn of "niet meer inhouden dan de verwijten op zich". Andere zaken zijn puur juridische vraagstukken. Getuigen zouden dus niets hebben toe te voegen en een verhoor zou neerkomen op veel "onnodige poespas".

De drie prinsen, die het echtpaar wil laten horen zullen zich zeker beroepen op "familiaal verschoningsrecht". Dat hoeft volgens de Hoge Raad nooit gemotiveerd te worden. Van Weegen zou zich op journalistiek verschoningsrecht kunnen beroepen.

Sometimes I wonder what goes through someones head when they go against their own family. This is a family (dispite her mother marrying her wierd father) that has most likely kept them under their wing since day one, wether or not it was agreed on Irene's wedding. In the long run Edwin (anyone have anymore about his self titleness?) most likely won't be there for her, and if she were at good odds with her family they would have...... I come to wonder if Edwin isn't the one fueling this whole situation?

What a mess!

If Beatrix didn't approve of commoners in the first place then she would have never have given either of her sons the time of day to become involved with one. She didn't seem to disapprove of Laurentien at all, I doubt she disapproved of the amazing Maxima (other than her fathers mess) heck she even gave Mabel a chance stating that she was fond and proud of her new future daughter in law!

Both parties (Beatrix included!) have acted dishonorably imo.

Still is the big question what is true and what not? Do we have to believe everything the couple said? Now, a year later after this Margaritagate, the dutch people find Edwin and Margarita one big joke, the people think that Margarita and Edwin do it all only for the $$$$$$$$$$$

The only people who benefitted were the newspapers.
Margarita and Edwin were fighting a losing battle from the begining...no one would've spoken out against Beatrix, and so the came out looking like fools.

me personally and some other dutch people think that they only did it for the money and now they don't get any. The roumour (i don't know how to write it) is that they are going to divorce. :wacko:

Divorce? Ha, of course they will. There is no way after all this that they will remain married. I would be amazed if they did.....

I think that this marriage will end as well. No one cares about anything that they have to say anymore and the fact is that the couple that makes trouble and causes scandles together definitely will not stay together.

It's really going to be too bad for Margarita when she and her husband split. She will need a good support system and frankly I am sure that most of her family is a really annoyed with her.

"AMSTERDAM — A court in The Hague ruled on Thursday that neither
Prince Bernhard nor the father or brother of Princess Margarita have
to give testimony under oath, denting the disgruntled princess'
chances of suing the royal family.

Princess Margarita and her husband Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn had
requested court permission to summons several royal witnesses. The
couple claim they were the victim of a smear campaign and are
considering suing the Dutch State and the royal family.

The couple allege that the Dutch state investigated them on request
from the royal family, constituting a breach of privacy. But the
court in The Hague ruled that it is not clear that testimony from
the royal family will unveil relevant facts to prove their claim,
news agency ANP reported.

"The _expression of several allegations against the state, without
further basis, is insufficient reason to allow temporary witness
testimony," the court said.

Princess Margarita and Edwin had wanted to hear testimony from
Prince Bernhard (the husband of former queen, Princess Juliana),
Carlos Hugo de Bourbon de Parme (Margarita's father) and Prince
Carlos de Bourbon de Parme (Margarita's brother).

They also wanted to summons the director of the Queen's Cabinet,
Felix Rhodius, former director general of the Government Information
Service RVD, Eef Brouwers, Dutch secret service AIVD director
Sybrand van Hulst and public news service NOS journalist Maartje van
Weegen.

Rhodius asked the AIVD — formerly known as the BVD — to conduct a
background check of Edwin and his family, but lawyers for the royal
couple claimed the results of the inquires included privacy-
sensitive information.

The royal couple also accused the royal family of running a smear
campaign against Edwin, damaging his business dealings. In a highly
publicised scandal, they threatened last year to sue for in excess
of EUR 30 million.

Meanwhile, lawyer Britta Bohler admitted she was "very disappointed"
with the court verdict. But despite the setback, she also said the
legal challenge against the state would go ahead, public news
service NOS reported.

In the next few weeks, lawyers will decide whether they will appeal
the ruling. But they may also decide against an appeal and directly
challenge the Dutch state in court."

Originally posted by Julia@Feb 22nd, 2003 - 7:27 pm
Hey Jacqueline!

Jacqueline, I agree that Maxima does not seem like a shrinking violet-cry baby kind of woman. I don't think that W-A would find that kind of woman attractive (but what do I know). I think perhaps, initially, Maxima might have been a little too strong for Beatrix (I don't mean strong in a negative way). I think sometimes strong-willed women don't enjoy seeing their sons marry other strong-willed women. Friction always seems to arise. But you have a very good point in that perhaps Beatrix was completely won over by Maxima's love for W-A (that and I imagine that Maxima can be very charming as well).
I think it may be a bit of 2 things. #1 Beatrix may not have been too sure of Maxima at first & expressed her opinion to WA which may have ensued some arguments. #2 Margarita may have exaggerated the Queens disapproval for Maxima just a tad but hey we'll never know for sure.

Dutch Royal General news

Dutch gossipmagazines got a phonecall where in they were offered to buy personal things of Margarita. The personal belongings were in the handbag of the princess when it was stolen.

The stolen handbag contained the following: it is a booklet with the private mobile number of the queen, correspondence with her (ex?) husband Edwin and other personal notes. Also Margarita's medical papers were in the bag.

The person who called asked 12.000 euros, Evert Santegoeds (chief gossipmagazine Privé) said. Both Privé and Story didn't buy the personal belongings.

If gossipmagazine Weekend also got a phonecall and if they bought the stolen stuff is not known.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, it is true they are going to divorce. Her lawyer, mr. Kemper told that. She stops the lawsuit against her family and she feel sorry about what she has done to her family. She said, that it was not right what she has done!

Last edited:

Press announcement of Mr G.J. Kemper in name of Princess Margarita de Bourbon

Today it became known that a stolen bag with personal information, among them an agenda, of HRH Princess Margarita de Bourbon that was stolen last week was offered for sale. It should among others go about information about a divorce procedure and about financial information.

To avoid further speculations about her private life I confirm that Princess Margarita indeed takes steps to come to the end of her marriage to Mr E de Roy van Zuydewijn. Next to that her financial situation leads to anxiety. More there is not to say about it, seen the personal aspects. The fact that this information is probably on the street doesn't change that.

Besides Princess Margarita is very attached to declare that she regrets that she has violated the intimate character of her family life in the past period. She has felt aggrieved at it at that time by what she has experienced as an interference in her private life. She is reacted on that disproportional just by violate the privacy of others. With that she especially also unnecessarily injured her family members. Princess Magarita now hopes to get rest to built up a new existence.

After all this scandales i do not take these people very serious. Maxima keeps protecting her father and his role in the regime, Margarita tells the family secrets, Mabel ever slept with a criminal. My god!

if we wouldn t take people who are defending their parents seriously we could rule out 50% of the population.. and you know nobody who gossips about their family? I don t know anybody who doesnt...
Anyway, Princess Margarita has visited her Grandfather last week, I hope things will turn out well for her & that there was a reconsilliation. Life is to short to fight.

There is a graet diffrence between defending your parents or defending your parents role in a regime where innocent people where killed. Maxima and Alexander had the chance to give up there right for the trone but they wanted to keep the right so badly. But also the didn't want to talk negetive about the parents role. You can't have it all they say. But these two , (maxima most) want it all and not give in at all!

What is the update on Margarita and Edwin?

Last I Heard they were fighting for custody of their dog.

What ever happened with all this? Did the family take Margarita back? Has anyone heard anything???

Margarita is back in the family and she takes steps to come to the end of her marriage to Edwin. I only not sure when they will divorce.

Alexandria said:
Last I Heard they were fighting for custody of their dog.

Has custody ever been granted to either of them? Do they have joint custody of the dog?

Today on the front page of ''De Telegraaf:

Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn has secret tapes. Apparently the former mad hatter of the RF has taped conversations with the queen, which will shake the monarchy. Next year there will be a book about it.

The loonatic says that Margarita was forced to divorce him by Queen Beatrix and Princess Irene and he will only stop revealing things when she comes back to him.

--
I hope they can arrest the guy, as taping conversations without knowledge of the other person is illegal and the guy should be in a mental hospital, he is obsessed. He also demands 5000 euros a month as allemony from his soon to be ex-wife (how repulsive, we have our own Kevin Federline)

A magazine said that he also tries to prove that Queen Wilhelmina wasnt the son of King Willem III but of Jhr Roell, for that he needs DNA, which of course he was trying to get (illegally, no doubt).

Last edited:
Why can't these people who gather so-called 'scandal material' get proper jobs?

well, I do not think anybody in this country wants to hire Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn anyway, he is considered a persona non grata by court and a loonatic by the rest of the country.

For the people who do not remember Margarita-gate: Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn is the husband of the niece of the queen, Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma. She and Edwin gave several interviews in 2002 in which they made accusasions against the RF, for destroying Edwins carreer and using the secret service to tape conversations etc.

The general view is that Edwin is an idiot , and the divorce papers (which were stolen from Princess Margarita's purse) spoke about domestic violence. Maybe Edwin is using this to get even more money from the RF (Margarita already financed the restoration of their french chateau, which is sold now).

Anyway, I wonder what is on the tapes, and I fear our Preime Minister will have another royal crisis/problem to solve (after Margarita-gate and Mabelgate).

Last edited:
'hja', a royalty journalist for some dutch newspapers made the following reassuring post on the Benelux Royals MB:

'HM is not losing sleep over the latest exploits of dr Edwin, as reported today by palace sources when the DeT story was checked. She has more serious things to worry about (her knee surgery for instance).

Edwin announced earlier this year though hsi spindoctors Barend & Van Dorp that he was writing two books, one about prince Bernhard wartime connections and one about his adventures with the RF. He wss looking for publishers, and thought about the US since he didn't expect any takers in NL.
It is 9 months later now. He is still shopping for publishers and will no doubt at some point claim there is a plot against him, preventing him from publishing his Nobel prize winning work.
He says he has tapes (the famous microphone/screw in the RVD office was his own after all!) of secret recordings - imagine HM discussing the great affairs of state (let alone the family past) with Dr Edwin...
Edwin threatened to use an Uzi on the reporters (if he doesn't lose it in the settlement of course), he must be feeling out and about. Some way to get to see his ex-wife! '

I don't know how things work in The Netherlands, but in the good 'ol USofA, when people lie about you for attention, you can sue them under the slander/libel laws. Also, there are laws against blackmailing and fraud. Isn't there some legal recourse for the RF to dispose of this guy??? In the USA, this guy would be in prison and have all his money taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom