Princess Máxima, Current Events 5 (September 2007 - March 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the pictures are great - Maxima is the perfect royal to be out in the mud! :flowers:
I hope that she will be there when they dig it up!

i loved maxima's attire and her green boots! so british! :)

These are really great photos! She looks like she is enjoying herself and having a great time. I really like the time-capsule idea. The children that were selected for this are very lucky!

Some comments on Maxima visiting the gay & lesbian activity; apparently the Christian Union doesn't see that anything is wrong with this (they won't say that openly at least) but SGP's Bas van der Vlies (who recently was angry at the Queen for 'working' on Sunday) does. He calls it a delicate matter and he is against the extra attention that will be brought by the attendence of a member of the RF.

----------

I just saw Blauw Bloed, they had an item on Maxima burrying the time capsules. They guy who 'led' the afternoon kept referring to the Princess as 'Maxima' and not as HRH, Princess Maxima etc. Maybe they agreed that he would do this but it seemed rather odd.

Maxima told the boy who was carrying her boots that she didn't have time to change from the meeting with the first lady of Mozambique.

Last edited:
i'm glad to find out about maxima's involvement with gay rights. when it was announced that mm would be involved in a similar cause, i praised her, and now i do the same with maxima. although quite a risky field regarding the traditionality of monarchy, i think their efforts must be highlighted.

05-03-2008 The Hague Princess Maxima attended the signing of the leadingconformity Lesbian-and Homo emancipationpolicy in the Paleischurch in The Hague.
Together with the 4 councillors, of the 4 larger cities in The Nethelands, for a better social acceptance of homosexuality in the Dutch population.

PPE Agency

i'm glad to find out about maxima's involvement with gay rights. when it was announced that mm would be involved in a similar cause, i praised her, and now i do the same with maxima. although quite a risky field regarding the traditionality of monarchy, i think their efforts must be highlighted.

ditto!!!

It was about time keeping in mind the open and tolerant image of the Netherlands. Great that this issue is on Maxima's agenda and she looks stunning today, just vibrant! When looking at her I always think that she was born to become a princess - she's so natural with people, plus her charisma ... a joy to watch her.

Some comments on Maxima visiting the gay & lesbian activity; apparently the Christian Union doesn't see that anything is wrong with this (they won't say that openly at least) but SGP's Bas van der Vlies (who recently was angry at the Queen for 'working' on Sunday) does. He calls it a delicate matter and he is against the extra attention that will be brought by the attendence of a member of the RF.

----------

I just saw Blauw Bloed, they had an item on Maxima burrying the time capsules. They guy who 'led' the afternoon kept referring to the Princess as 'Maxima' and not as HRH, Princess Maxima etc. Maybe they agreed that he would do this but it seemed rather odd.

Maxima told the boy who was carrying her boots that she didn't have time to change from the meeting with the first lady of Mozambique.

During the ceremony this morning dutch government minister Ronald Plasterk anounced that his Ministry (the Government)
will participate with their own boat during the annual traditional Gay Canal Parade early august.

And guess what.....the SGP immediatly protested,HAHA!

here's more on "Queen Máxima" and that SGP nonsense too:
http://www.royalblog.nl/

courtesy HJA.

For our foreign posters...lol...there's a summary in english on all Royal news at your left in the link provided above.have fun.

Ha! That article's so rich it has to be fattening. I love it and hope the Dutch Crown continues to hold firm on this issue.

Did she finally color her hair? In pictures 2 & 3 it looks as if she had some dark finally put back in and then she has some pretty heavy blond chunks.

It could just be the lighting and the way her hair has fallen, but I really hope she did color her hair and took care of the roots that she had showing a couple of weeks ago.

wow, she looks fabulous in that suit! the neckline reminds me of the blue jacket mary wore at christian's christening.

Did she finally color her hair? In pictures 2 & 3 it looks as if she had some dark finally put back in and then she has some pretty heavy blond chunks.

It could just be the lighting and the way her hair has fallen, but I really hope she did color her hair and took care of the roots that she had showing a couple of weeks ago.

Nope, doesnt look like its done in any way. I think its the way it fallen & the light. In some pictures it looks lighter than others.

ditto!!!

It was about time keeping in mind the open and tolerant image of the Netherlands. Great that this issue is on Maxima's agenda and she looks stunning today, just vibrant! When looking at her I always think that she was born to become a princess - she's so natural with people, plus her charisma ... a joy to watch her.
I couldn't agree with you more. She was definately born to be a princess. She is exactly the kind of person I would want to represent my country as "first lady". Absolutely wonderful, one of my favorites!:wub:

Thank you for posting these photos. As always, Maxima looks lovely, and she looks genuinely happy to be there. I am very pleased to see her taking an interest in gay rights.

I suppose the protests of a party like the SGP can only be a compliment. Especially when you consider that the European Union has raised the question several times here that the party should either change or forbidden. Among other things they did not allow women to be a member of the party and they did not agree with the rights of women to vote either.

During the ceremony this morning dutch government minister Ronald Plasterk anounced that his Ministry (the Government)
will participate with their own boat during the annual traditional Gay Canal Parade early august.

And guess what.....the SGP immediatly protested,HAHA!

here's more on "Queen Máxima" and that SGP nonsense too:

courtesy HJA.

For our foreign posters...lol...there's a summary in english on all Royal news at your left in the link provided above.have fun.

Last edited:
Maxima is so natural. She puts me in mind of someone who would just put your mind at ease when talking to her. She would take away your nerves.
She looks lovely in these photo's

Maxima was in Drenthe last week, here a clip.

I suppose the protests of a party like the SGP can only be a compliment. Especially when you consider that the European Union has raised the question several times here that the party should either change or forbidden. Among other things they did not allow women to be a member of the party and they did not agree with the rights of women to vote either.

Gay organisations in The Netherlands are inundating the residence of the Princess with flowers as a thank you for her moral support.

The dutch Court (read;the Royal Family-) however has always been gay friendly.

courtesy hja.

Please scroll down a little and look at your left under "News Summary".
:rainbow::rose2::rainbow::rose2:

Yes, I do think she has touched up her roots, which is good. She looks more classy now. The trim is also ok, though I still think that lenght makes her look older ...

Last edited:
HRH attended a meeting of foreign ladies in the frame of getting to know different cultures living in The Hague.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Guido, I haven't been able to find any...

(ANP, PPE... the usuals dont seem to have any)

Indeed, neither Royalblog.nl nor Royal Press Europe have anything on this event. Strange, eh?

This thread has reached 10 pages, so time to close it and open a new one. Thanks to all who participated and we hope to see you in the 11th Current Events thread of Princess Maxima, which can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom