Princess Máxima, Current Events 4 (April - September 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
25-06-2007 The Hague Princess Maxima arriving at the completion of Taskforce Youth Unemployment at the Ridderzaal in The Hague.

Picture gallery: PPE Agency

I don't like her outfit... it looks like a retro-80s outfit... :ermm:
Well, and it makes her look very ..huge....
But she looks glowing and happy.

Princess Máxima today at the conclusion of the Taskforce Youth un-employement,established in 2003 aiming at creating 40.000 jobs for youngsters,in which it succeeded.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.
:flowers::flowers:

The sun is shining in The Hague? I envy her (and the inhabitants of TH), it has been rain, rain and more rain over here.
Maxima looks rather summer-like in that outfit, appropriate as summer started a few days ago.

I love Maxima's outfit, very colourful :flowers: Is it just my opinion or has she lost weight less fast than with the other 2 pregnancies? It seems it is taking longer this time, not that that matters, but I just noticed

Oh wow!! isnt that a beautiful outfit?! but a small prob, i findthe top being abit too long for the pants look but she comes back with a great look. Very ideal outfit for the start of summer. I like her bracelets too... I like the way she carries her-self sometimes, very tall

Is it just my opinion or has she lost weight less fast than with the other 2 pregnancies?

yes, i have noticed that as well.

Thak´s for pictures I love outfit´s colours.

Absolutely right! Sorry about that. (makes for not being able to read Dutch).

Wow . Colorfull outfit ! It's not exactly tastefull, but oh well, that's Maxima, she looks happy and radiating ..

Do not understand me wrong an don'resent it. I really like this outfit especially the colour. but it reminds me a bit of somthing her mother-in-law would wear. Not the trousers (while who knows?;)) but the top.

Good heavens!

Is this supposed to be Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, the spouse of the future King? Europe's royal spouse with the most lavish own budget (apart from Camilla)?

It is a bloody shame and a disgrace.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Where has the stylish Máxima gone????? !!!!!!!

:cry:

She is.HRH is a strong advocate for the minorities/immigrants here as well as for the youth task force on youth un-employment and all underlaying problems,but there will be more posts on that next monday (see the dutch Royal Calendar).She has more up her sleeve,micro-credit is but one of her interests,as you can read as all is posted on this
Forum.

Please understand that I am not intolerant toward other opinions at all.Far from it.But I just wish all to have the facts right, ignorance is something you can try to turn into knowledge and understanding if you listen and read.

HRH is a strong advocate in many fields related directly to The Netherlands,The Netherlands Antilles and Aruba,fi,the minorities/immigrants and youth unemployement and all underlaying problems to name a few,and she has more up here sleeve,micro-credit being another one,abroad as well as in The Netherlands,as you can read on this Forum as all is dicussed and posted.

And there's always the Royal House web to check first:
The Dutch Royal House
Well said Lucien.:flowers:

Good heavens!

Is this supposed to be Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, the spouse of the future King? Europe's royal spouse with the most lavish own budget (apart from Camilla)?

Where she's gone?Right here,our warm,colourfull chica latina we've come to love so much!Sporting micro-credit projects jewellery and an outfit fit for a Taskforce and the group it aimed at,Youth,dearest Henri.

Having a lavish budget doesn't mean you have to flaunt it with a group around that has so much less of a budget then (only just-) formerly un-employed youngsters,so I would say she's very thoughtfull in that respect.
As well.
:flowers:

Good heavens!

I agree with this sentence. She was so stylish before ..

Where she's gone?Right here,our warm,colourfull chica latina we've come to love so much!Sporting micro-credit projects jewellery and an outfit fit for a Taskforce and the group it aimed at,Youth,dearest Henri.

Having a lavish budget doesn't mean you have to flaunt it with a group around that has so much less of a budget then (only just-) formerly un-employed youngsters,so I would say she's very thoughtfull in that respect.
As well.

I agree:flowers:
I love today's outfit:)

I don't like her outfit... it looks like something that my Great-Aunt Gloria would wear on her yearly Carribbean Cruises :neutral:.

Is she going to miss tomorrow's photoshoot for Alexia's birthday, since it says that she is going away?

Good heavens!

Maybe she's lived in Holland for too long? Lost her Latin grace and taste for clothes? :ermm: Went shopping with Laurentien??? :lol:

As we say in Argentina..."ay por Dios, qué te pusiste nena???" ('for God's sake, what are you wearing girl??')

The only thing that allows me to believe that she is truly Máxima, is the smile... (the only resource left to dignify her appearance)

Last edited:
Princess Máxima today at the conclusion of the Taskforce Youth un-employement,established in 2003 aiming at creating 40.000 jobs for youngsters,in which it succeeded.
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.
:flowers::flowers:

:cry::cry::cry: Maxima, I know that sometimes it's hard coming back from pregnancy (your body just doesn't snap back) but do you really have to start borrowing clothes from Laurentien?? :cry:

that outfit makes me want to :ninja: (run and hide)

at least the hair was better...

I totally think that the outfit was 100% Maxima....Bright, cheerful and full of energy! Or at least that's what I've come to expect from Maxima.

I totally think that the outfit was 100% Maxima....Bright, cheerful and full of energy! Or at least that's what I've come to expect from Maxima.

I agree. Maxima is really ballsy and goes her own ways. I love that she doesn´t try to be the traditional classy princess. She´s always unpredictable. Even though the outfit isn´t something I would wear, it suits Maxima somehow because it is her own style 100%

Hello, I am new to this site, but have loved reading all your remarks for quite some time. I actually think that Maxima looks rather well considering that she has had three babies in less than 5 years! They married 2002 but didn't have first child until 2004. I don't know many of us that could look quite as well after that -- especially under everyones watchful eyes. She never was "Tinkerbell" to start with. She is tall at 5 ft. 9 and was never a skiny model. Now her clothes are a different story. Not as bad as Britian's Princess Anne but could try a proper clothes designer on staff to perk up an individual style. She will. She is young and filled with happy fun. Later she will have to be more traditional when queen. She has only been at this "job" for 5 years now and was not born to that world. I do like the fact that she doesn't change her rather messy hair style even though people complain about it. Who knows, maybe Alexander loves it that way and he is the only one that should really matter to her. I do really enjoy this site!

Definately that outfit is not something I would choose to wear but it's Maxima's style, 100% and fits her personality and smile.

I tend to agree that her style has changed a bit over the years, as has Laurentiens. Both started with rather traditional stiff outfiits and after they got more confident at court they tried to be a bit more flamboyant, and at least pick clothes that suit their personalities.
BTW I don't think this particular outfit is that excentric, it looks rather suitable for the occassion. Another thing that one has to take into consideration is that dutch women don't tend to dress conservatively, so a princess who does is quickly regarded as stiff and old-fashioned.

Furthermore I don't know the budget of Princess Maxima of clothes is the largest one. I never heard she had a budget for that. perhaps her dotation is the largest of European crownprincesses, but that isn't the same as a clothing budget and she might want to spend her money on other things.

I don't like her outfit... it looks like something that my Great-Aunt Gloria would wear on her yearly Carribbean Cruises :neutral:.

Is she going to miss tomorrow's photoshoot for Alexia's birthday, since it says that she is going away?

First off, haha! :lol: Love the description acdc1
Second, no she won't miss the photoshoot (it starts in a few moments I am led to believe ;) )

--
About Máxima's outfit today: :eek::eek: Why Máxima, why??? The poncho/top/what the? makes her look huge!

yes, i don't think it was a wise choice to wear. it's definitely a vibrant, very maxima-ish style, but i doubt that can suit anyone very well. i truly believe she should come back to her oh-so-elegant pre-wedding and after-wedding periods. she did look amazing in less flashy and more basic clothes. very jackie o, very audrey-ish.

something that didn't change is however her beautiful and welcoming smile, and i hope it doesn't ever.

i can't wait to see them all at the photoshoot today!

Furthermore I don't know the budget of Princess Maxima of clothes is the largest one. I never heard she had a budget for that. perhaps her dotation is the largest of European crownprincesses, but that isn't the same as a clothing budget.

Yes, by law, as the spouse to The Prince of Orange, Princess Máxima receives € 863.000,-- per year (appr. $ 1,165,000.--). But as the staff is in the royal household service, as her cars and chauffeurs come from the royal stables, as her bodyguards come from the Royal- and Diplomatic Protection Service, as the guards outside come from the Royal Marechaussee, as the parks, the woods and the moors on the royal estate are kept by the royal forestry, as she travels for free with the royal flight, etc. the Princess herself has not so much to spend on, apart from clothing.

So she has, apart from her spouse's private funds, a pretty lavish budget to spend on clothing and hairdresser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom