Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (October 2006 - April 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. My mother is a doctor and Princesbeagle is right...

Vanesa.:rolleyes:

Danielane, until recently, there was no awareness in the US of alcohol being bad for a fetus. I think it's fair to say that virtually all the babies born in the US from say, 1900-1985, when the alcohol awareness developed were not any more handicapped than at any other time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just referring to french studies according to which there may be danger for the baby even with a moderate alcohol consommation.

Who says it isn't applejuice she's drinking out of a wine glass or champagne glass!! I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.
I believe I remember some tabloid publishing a picture of Maxima holding a wine glass with unknown sustance commenting that when Maxima was pregnant with Amalia she drank wine and Willem-Alexander got angry and said it was just juice poored in a wine glass, because it looks nicer. I believe the words "voor de gezelligheid" were used. Does anyone remember that? I thought it was Willem anyhow.
I'm sure she's not drinking large amounts of alcohol now that she's pregnant

It might be Sparkling Cider...or juice, like already mentioned.

Maybe...Is not use to discuss about such a thing. I suppose that Princess Maxima knows what is she doing. She must be adviced by excellent doctors.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Maybe...Is not use to discuss about such a thing. I suppose that Princess Maxima knows what is she doing. She must be adviced by excellent doctors.

Vanesa.

Exactly! Perhaps it was just a soft drink of some sort, but they thought it politer to present it to Maxima in a wine glass rather than a normal juice glass :ermm:

gynaecologist and neonatologist

Vanesa said:
She must be adviced by excellent doctors.

By her two previous pregnancies, Máxima was observed by doctor mrs. M.J.G.H. Smeets (gynaecologist) and doctor mrs. J.H. Kreijen-Meinesz (neonatologist), both working at the Prince Willem-Alexander Children's Ward of the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague.

The royal family does have an own suite in the Bronovo Hospital (named after Jonkvrouwe ('Lady') Sara Katharina de Bronovo who has funded the establishment of this hospital in 1865).

The function of 'Court Doctor' no longer does exist. Each member of the royal family does have his or her own general practitioner.

Last edited:
Guys, let's cool it down. Can any of you prove that it is wine?

Danielane said:
I'm just referring to french studies according to which there may be danger for the baby even with a moderate alcohol consommation.

It's called fetal alcohol syndrome. Alcohol is more of a problem during the first 3-5 months when the nervous system is developing (the brain). These kids are retarded and look like they have down's syndrome (flat nose, squinty eyes).

But yeah, it could have been apple juice in the glass.

I'm glad that you put some perspective on it Burberrybrit.

CP Maxima probably does know what she's doing, and obviously we would not know what she's drinking. I like to believe that she would not be taking any chances at all.

But yes, I agree the fetal alcohol syndrome is a problem.

And even though it has existed as a problem long before, it was not 'defined' clearly as such until somewhat recently -- that means they did not have a name for it (just like when some women smoke while they are pregnant, it's the same thing, imo).

I'm very glad that you put it in some kind of perspective :flowers:

Last edited:
I am very certain, that Maxima does know what she was/is doing, and that she has all the information there is.
I also agree, that a glass of wine or champagne once or twice during the pregnancy does not cause fetal alcohol syndrome or will lead to complications.
And third, yes, for all we know it might be lukewarm fennel tea instead of veuve cliq.
BUT, Maxima as well as the other royal ladies are out in the spotlight and they should be careful not to step into ... problems.
Everybody knows she is pregnant and in fact on occasions where photos are likely she/they should rather do the vice versa approach, take their drinks from recognizable milk bottles.;)
Seriously, Maxima should set an example and ask for a pretty tumbler filled with recognizable orange juice or plain water.

O.k. everyone...has Maxima had any recent engagments? :flowers:

I couldn t find any engagements shedueled, I gather the first one will be the new years reception for diplomats.

Marengo said:
I couldn t find any engagements shedueled, I gather the first one will be the new years reception for diplomats.

Thanks Marengo!
Will there be any pictures of this event?

Marengo said:

And when is the New year's Reception?

I could not find a date in the agenda of the RF yet, but usually half way january I believe.

Regina said:
You bet!

I remember how much I liked her clothes in her beggining, like those beautiful scarfs she used to take and the so pretty dress she used in her engagement.

Those scarfs were definitely installed in our Argentinian wardrobes, after her first pics in New York started to pop out.

Last edited:
This Els (..) lady writes for Vorsten Royale to, right? She and the guy seem pretty sure the peacock parure is still in the family. But the guy makes a mistake and obviously assumes the necklace and the tiara are one, while they are two peaces. I wonder how the lady knew these things, I can not imagine that the court is giving her any insights, so she probably uses the Brus-bible.

Anyway, maybe a discussion for the jewels forum here :) Maxima looks great in the rubies, especially in Argentina. I found it a pity that she had an empty neck in Stockholm, the necklace would ahve looked great there, as would the big stomacher of the melliero parure (last worn by Juliana).

I think both diamonds-and-rubies parures are still intact

Marengo said:
This Els (..) lady writes for Vorsten Royale to, right? She and the guy seem pretty sure the peacock parure is still in the family. But the guy makes a mistake and obviously assumes the necklace and the tiara are one, while they are two peaces. I wonder how the lady knew these things, I can not imagine that the court is giving her any insights, so she probably uses the Brus-bible.

Anyway, maybe a discussion for the jewels forum here :) Maxima looks great in the rubies, especially in Argentina. I found it a pity that she had an empty neck in Stockholm, the necklace would ahve looked great there, as would the big stomacher of the melliero parure (last worn by Juliana).

Indeed I noted this mistake my mr Brom on the Peacock Parure. The accompanying images of Princess Irene wearing this parure clearly show the diademe ánd the matching (quite elaborate) collier.

There were more silly mistakes in the program. The presenter, Jeroen Snel, read the names of Prince 'Johan Willem Friso' while we could clearly hear Prince Claus saying: 'His names are Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David, and we call him: Friso'.

I think both diamond-and-rubies parures are still intact for three reasons:
- the rubies seems to have a very old dynastical provenance
- the parures belong to the special Foundation and can not be sold
- recently Princess Máxima has been seen with items from both parures

Caption: NEW YORK - JANUARY 18: United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon (L) walks into a meeting room alongside of Princess Maxima of the Netherlands on January 18, 2007 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Hondros/Getty Images)

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Maxima is a true professional. She looks tired in those photos and her skin is acting up just like normal pregnant women! Yet, she is really making an effort to smile for the cameras. It must be tough on her at this stage in her pregnancy, but the Orange show goes on...

Good heavens. She looks like she is very due to give birth. I wonder if such a transatlantic flight is good for ladies in this stage of pregnancy?

Anyway, she beams, despite her tired appearance and her messy (why, oh why so unelegant? :ermm: ) hairdo.

She looks very tired, but Im really impressed with her effort she is making.:flowers: Not only will she go to Norway in a month, just a few days later she will go on a state visit to Turkey, Esp a state visit in a Turkey sound like a quite a strinious trip for a woman that looks like she is ready to give birth any day.

what was the purpose of the trip to New York, Microcredit?

She indeed looks VERY pregnant! It's hard to belive the baby will be born in April...:rolleyes:

Larzen said:
She looks very tired, but Im really impressed with her effort she is making.:flowers: Not only will she go to Norway in a month, just a few days later she will go on a state visit to Turkey, Esp a state visit in a Turkey sound like a quite a strinious trip for a woman that looks like she is ready to give birth any day.

what was the purpose of the trip to New York, Microcredit?

i think she visited new york to meet the new secretary general as a goodwill ambassador that she it to the UN, with the microcredits.

i totally agree with you, larzen. she obviosuly looks tired, but i think it's incredible what a hectic schedule she is following being 7 months pregnant. she is also one of the first (if not the first) royal to visit the new secretary general ban-ki-mon.

i'm proud of maxima and her proactiveness, she really manages to make a difference.

Mabelian links

The Orange-Nassaus are masters in networking and had very good and close ties with Kofi and Nane Annan. Both were guests at the wedding on 02-02-02.

But Princess Mabel, there she is again, has worked on the UN in New York as well. In the Netherlands we all know the unbelievable story of her love-relationship with the former Minister of Foreign Affairs and then Ambassador for Bosnia-Herzegovina, Mohammed Sacirbey.

That while mrs. Sacirbey was fully aware of the extramarital affair. :wacko: In 1993 Mabel was almost kidnapped by the Serbian secret service. In a report by the NIOD (Netherlands' Institute on War Documentation) on the fall of the muslim-enclave Srebrenica, it was written that the two only persons outside the political and military circuit with influence on the Dutch/EU-policy in former Yugoslavia were Mabel Wisse Smit and her amant Mohammed Sacirbey.

Anyway, there is an enormous network between the Orange-Nassaus and international organizations and this helped Princess Máxima's entrance to the new Secretary-General.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom