Princess Máxima, Current Events 3 (October 2006 - April 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading the above posts and great pics from bozena and thanks Henri for translating some of it. I really got stuck on the betting part. Wonder what the Queen and the rest of the family thinks about it.

Queen Juliana hurt and saddened

Aurora810 said:
I was reading the above posts and great pics from bozena and thanks Henri for translating some of it. I really got stuck on the betting part. Wonder what the Queen and the rest of the family thinks about it.

Ah... the betting is part of 'building up the atmosphere'. I think the Queen and the royal family just smile about it.

In the evening of April 27th 1967 Her Majesty The Queen was called away from a State Banquet. She had to excuse to the King and Queen of Nepal and rushed to the city of Utrecht, in the middle of the country. The State Banquet was left into the good hands of her spouse, Prince Bernhard.

In the Academic Hospital in Utrecht, Princess Beatrix gave birth (via caesarean) to a son. The nation was wild enthusiast. A Prince! A Prince! The royal infant is a Prince! There is a Prince of Orange again! The guns thundered 101 times (instead of 51 times for a Princess). Bells were tolling and flags raised.

Later, in an interview, Queen Juliana told about her mixed feelings. Beside the joy for her first grandchild, she felt the wild roar and joy outside for a Prince as a blow in her face. What about her mother [Queen Wilhelmina], her grandmother [Queen Emma, the Regentess] and what about she herself or her eldest daughter [Princess Beatrix] ? Were these ladies not meritorious and subservient to the best interests of the Kingdom? The Queen knew that the joy was well-meant and natural, but she could not avoid a sadness in her.

:flowers:

She never said that she was saddened that the nation rejoiced that it was a prince, but by 1 particular woman who cheered when she arrived at the hospital that it was a prince (this caused her to remark what you said indeed). If you read the newspapers of those days there was rejoice that an heir was born and it was mentioned that it was the firsat male heir since Prince Alexander died (youngest son of King Willem III and Queen Sophia), but they are not particulary rejoicing his sex.

Henri M. said:
The Princess will then attend an oratio held by professor mrs. Nasira Jabeen at Utrecht University. Professor Jabeen is the current holder of the Prince Claus Chair.

The Princess chairs the Curatorium of the Prince Claus Chair.

It is just announced that the Princess will not attend the oratio today.

Can' t blame her, she should be home, resting on a sofa or in bed and being pamperred by all who are around her :).

The Watcher said:
It is just announced that the Princess will not attend the oratio today.

I was looking forward to this event. Anyways, i hope her health & safe delivery of her baby. she needs this time for resting, since she has been working really hard these last few months.

Mark my words, we're going to have an Easter baby here. :rolleyes:

Maxie said:

I hope you're right! I really think any day now the baby will make it's appearance. :)

Maxie said:
I really hope you are right !
A little prince ! Or a little princess... her children are so good looking :wub:

Marengo said:
Can' t blame her, she should be home, resting on a sofa or in bed and being pamperred by all who are around her :).

Quite right Marengo, she has more than done her duty this pregnancy! Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery, whenever it may be :flowers:

This thread has now reached 10 pages, and will be closed. The new current events thread for Crown Princess Maxima can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom