Princess Máxima, Current Events 2 (May - October 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she is pregnant,she just lost the pregnancy weight.But baby number three will be born before within a year I am sure!

Maxima's fashionstyle is great these days(always was but there were some huge dissapointments in the last 3 years), but she can wear clothes more often.her walk in closet must be very big,considering all the outfits she bought the last 5 years.

But it's not all about fashion, I enjoy it very much that she is a hardworking mother as well.

barber said:
a nice new blog Maxi its for me easy to follow , go on !!! with Maximania.

Thanks barber, I will. :)

Maxima looks great. I love her outfit. Those are very high heels - very sexy looking shoes.

I absolutely love the heels! She looked great with that outfit but I didn't really like the pants. It looked short and a little bit tight. But she chose a great shade of color for the pants.

Does anyone know if the pearl choker is real? Do royals ever wear costume jewelry?:confused: :confused:

CASCADIA said:
Does anyone know if the pearl choker is real? Do royals ever wear costume jewelry?:confused: :confused:

It looks real:p
She looked beautiful.Thanks for the pics.

CASCADIA said:

I don't know that her choker is real but, yes, it has been reported in various threads that quite a few royals wear costume jewelry from time to time..among them, Diana and Mathilde.

paulette said:
I absolutely love the heels! She looked great with that outfit but I didn't really like the pants. It looked short and a little bit tight.

Yes I agree, the heels are great but, because of Maxima's fleshy body-type, snug clothes should probably be avoided; hopefully the servant who picked out those slacks was reprimanded.

What?! The servant reprimanded?? Surely this is said in jest :)

First, I think Maxima looked great and IMO the pants are not too tight. Secondly, what makes you think that she didn't pick out her own outfight and FINALLY, what type of trouble do you think the servant should get into?

I agree Princess Maxima chooses her own clothes, and she looks great in what she wears 98% of the time.

I'm not at all Maxima's biggest fan, and frankly dread the day I will have to accept her as my queen, that said I <do> however appreciate how she always has the courtesy when on official duty to at least seem interested in whatever the topic is at hand. That she does very well, as well as giving the impression she's enjoying herself whatever the occasion. Have to say her husband utterly fails to do that on some occasions..

As your queen? Well I think we all know prince Willem wasn't looking forward to assuming his role of king one day until princess maxima arrived. However I think they are both doing a wonderful job with their royal duties.

Kelly said:
As your queen? Well I think we all know prince Willem wasn't looking forward to assuming his role of king one day until princess maxima arrived. However I think they are both doing a wonderful job with their royal duties.

yes as my queen, as I'm a Dutch citizen. Anyway I agree Maxima is doing a wonderful job currently, and I am of the opinion the Dutch are lucky to have her as she seems a nice enough person. It's just that I don't think professionally she compares to Beatrix, for a myriad of reasons that may or may not make sense to the world, but that's entirely <my> problem of course! Not to mention I'm getting off topic here!

Princess Olga...not trying to start anything..and perhaps this could be another thread. But in all fairness to both the Queen and Princess Maxima..I don't think its fair to compare the two as their roles will be quite different. One as the actual Queen and the other as a Queen Consort. But I definitely agree that the Dutch have the best of both worlds...a great Queen who shows no signs of slowing down and great Crown Princess/future Queen Consort who is great ambassador for the Netherdlands!

Last edited:
Zonk, you have a point it's not fair really to compare Maxima to Beatrix. After all, Beatrix has had so many more years to grow into her role than Maxima, who's been a member of the DRF for only half a decade. I'll be sure to keep that in mind next time I react here on th Maxima thread! :)

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, Maxima has the capability of being a good consort and her long-term outlook seems to be the most secure among the current crop of continental European royal spouses.

She looks like Renee Zellweger,When I saw "Bridget Jones's Diary"(1,2)last week,I was shocked.They are so much alike!Especially for "The edge of reason".BJ is very lovely indeed and so dos Maxima,Renee Zellweger is one of my favoruite stars in USA,she is the best actress in Hollywood in my mind.I like Maxima's smile,just as she does.It will be more nice if she loses some weight,but her prince loves her

lizichitao said:
...It will be more nice if she loses some weight,but her prince loves her

I don't see where she needs to lose weight. She is a very attractive woman.

lizichitao said:
She looks like Renee Zellweger,When I saw "Bridget Jones's Diary"(1,2)last week,I was shocked.They are so much alike!Especially for "The edge of reason".BJ is very lovely indeed and so dos Maxima,Renee Zellweger is one of my favoruite stars in USA,she is the best actress in Hollywood in my mind.I like Maxima's smile,just as she does.It will be more nice if she loses some weight,but her prince loves her

I agree that facially speaking, Maxima and Renee Zellweger have many features in common. They both are blessed with lovely facial features, in my opinion.

But after that, you lose me. ARe you trying to say Maxima should lose weight so she can resemble the skeleton that's the body of Zellweger? Please. You seem to be buying into the hollywood idiocy of "less weight is more."
More..of what? Maxima doesn't have to resemble an anorexic in order to do a decent job representing the Netherlands. The girl looks fine the way she currently is and I'd bet that the majority of the Dutch, the people whose spokes person she is, would agree with me here.

Well I personally like Maxima's image. A full latina all the way to her style. I also don't think she is chubby or needs to lose any weight.

princess olga said:
The girl looks fine the way she currently is and I'd bet that the majority of the Dutch, the people whose spokes person she is, would agree with me here.

Count me in one that one! One Dutchie on your side, princess Olga! ;) :D

lizichitao said:
It will be more nice if she loses some weight,but her prince loves her

I am personally very bothered by comments that any of the current princesses need to lose weight, as I do not believe that any of them are of a weight that would be considered obese by any physician and would therefore pose a health problem to them.

In Maxima I see someone who is radiant and happy with her life, with her husband and her daughters. And on the flip side, a husband and two daughters who love her greatly. I don't see how losing a few pounds would alter their feelings for her or her for them.

To me such comments about princesses needing to lose weight are unjust. They are insensitive on the lesser end and extxremely cruel on the greater end. Even the most confident of women, such as Maxima, reading repeatedly that people looking at her pictures think she is overweight or "chunky," could lower her self-esteem and affect how she perceives herself and her perception of her body image.

I do not want to get on my soap box about this, but the issue of anorexia and bulimia are very close to me. I have a very good friend who has battled anorexia for more than 10 years. For the past two years she has been in and out of eating disorder treatment programs, and earlier this year tried to kill herself. Why? Because someone told her more than 10 years ago that it wouldn't hurt her to lose a few pounds, when she clearly did not need to lose even one pound. And more than 10 years later, despite everything that she has accomplished the words of that cruel person have stuck in her head and forever in her head she is a fat 14 year old girl who will never be thin enough.

Just because you type things to a computer screen does not mean that your words don't have an impact. Maybe Maxima doesn't read this forum and she'll never see that some people think she's overweight (or conversely, that some people, like me, love her the way she is), but consider that there are thousands of female members of this forum who do read these pages daily. Consider that even one of those thousands of girls idolizes Maxima and wants to be like her in every way. Then along comes a post that says her idol is fat, consider how that might affect her. Words sometimes hurt more than a punch does, and words certainly last longer in our memories than a black eye.

Excellent response, Alexandria.

couldn't agree more with Alexandria.
I'll admit that I'm one of those royal spectators who tends to be very critical of royals & their conduct, and that I am often very vocal about it on the forum.

However, even I draw a line, at two things:
*being critical of people's weight. especially since the people we're talking about here don't have one ounce too many on their limbs.
*being critical of the appearance of royal children. that's another area I would consider off base because the damage comments in that area could do, seems infinite.

Back to Maxima: appearance-wise, she is as good as it gets. No, not only to "her husband and kids who love her", no. I'm talking here about her appearance in her capacity as ambassador at large of the Netherlands.
Anyone who has ever seen her in an evening dress revealing her bony shoulders, knows that if anything, she is even on the thin side.

And what is it anyway with the ever increasing global expectation that professional women better look like famine victims or else their professionalism isn't validated?!! I'm glad that Maxima is an excellent role model to her daughters: she is the living example that in order to be a successful woman and have a fullfilling existence, you don't have to look like a walking talking toothpick with a head.

And like Alexandria, I myself don't have a weight problem nor do I suffer an eating disorder but believe me, I know plenty of women in my own environment who do, and it's because of comments like the one above.

Maxie said:
Count me in one that one! One Dutchie on your side, princess Olga! ;) :D

yes thank goodness that if anything, the Dutch media have as far as I know, never resorted to being critical of any of the new-ish princesses' weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom