Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - April 2020)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Princess looks lively and is beaming. It is like her abdication has generated a new joie de vivre into her. Wonderful to see.

Princess Beatrix attended the 21st edition of the Dutch Ballet Gala of the Foundation Dancer Fonds '79 in Amsterdam this evening, November 19:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:

I like her christmas cards, last couple of years she always involves the grandchildren, and she always looks really happy and proud of her family :flowers:

This is also not a traditional christmas card with tinsel and snow and trees, but it radiates the end-of-year-holiday-spirit of being together with family and loved ones

The Kunstweek (Art Week) Foundation claims that Princess Beatrix is amongst the 100 most important art collectioneurs of the Netherlands whom acquired "a broad collection of paintings and artworks".

It varies from glassware to photography, sculptures, illustrated books and manuscripts, blue porcelain and silver birds, African ethnographic, contemporary Chinese art, modernist design and applied art. Also seventeenth-century Roman and European glass and Dutch still-lifes from 1650 to the present as well as paintings, drawings, watercolors and prints.

https://www.kunstweek.nl/top100verzamelaars/

Last edited:
Lovely card from Beatrix and it's wonderful to see all the grandchildren have been included too.
Claus-Casimir does look very outnumbered amongst all those girls, though!:D

The former queen still goes horseback riding, even these days. She used to practice horse jumping as well -in her teenage years- though I believe her sister Irene was better at it. I believe it was a hobby they shared with their father and with their paternal grandmother Princess Armgard.

Armgard loved horses and her 'house friend' Col. Pantchoulidzew tought the princesses how to ride. Q. Juliana was notably absent during these visits to Diepenheim Castle in the 50-ties, which according to Bernhard ruined the family life [his affairs apparently did not]. The ''committee of three wise men" who needed to solve the family crisis as Soestdijk duly listed as one of their recommendations that Juliana needed to join her family again for these horseback riding outings, which she did.

Nice to see the queen with her goddaughter, they have been attending this event together for several years. According to the royal website all three A-princesses like horseback riding too.

Last edited:
Always lovely to see Princess Beatrix with her niece Princess Margarita at the annual Jumping Amsterdam.

The former queen still goes horseback riding, even these days. She used to practice horse jumping as well -in her teenage years- though I believe her sister Irene was better at it. I believe it was a hobby they shared with their father and with their paternal grandmother Princess Armgard.

Armgard loved horses and her 'house friend' Col. Pantchoulidzew tought the princesses how to ride. Q. Juliana was notably absent during these visits to Diepenheim Castle in the 50-ties, which according to Bernhard ruined the family life [his affairs apparently did not]. The ''committee of three wise men" who needed to solve the family crisis as Soestdijk duly listed as one of their recommendations that Juliana needed to join her family again for these horseback riding outings, which she did.

Nice to see the queen with her goddaughter, they have been attending this event together for several years. According to the royal website all three A-princesses like horseback riding too.

Does Queen Máxima ride too ? As the daughter of an Argentinian landowner, I would assume horseback riding would be a common hobby in her family.

Does Queen Máxima ride too ? As the daughter of an Argentinian landowner, I would assume horseback riding would be a common hobby in her family.

We know that the King, his family, and his mother Princess Beatrix do ride regularly but they are seldom seen. When they remain on the Crown Domain or their othrr estates it will be hard to see them.

Máxima on horseback, in Mongolia: https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-get2/I0000k13M0qhvjMM/fit=1000x750/foto-28.jpg

In her younger years Princess Beatrix participated in eventing: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3b/73/d4/3b73d4ea8719af5a90fcb6d2fab690d8.jpg

Last edited:

Today, June 7, Princess Beatrix attended the celebration of the 250th anniversary of the Batavian Society of Experimental Philosophy in Rotterdam:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom