Prince Maurits, Princess Marilène and Family, News and Pictures 1 (Jun 2004-Feb 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nokklav said:
i'm doubting it already happened with no announcement. how long did it take for her brother and sister's baptism?

well i meant that the catholic baptism may have already happened. since the house of orange is protestant that is not in the public purview. but the protestant baptism will most likely take place at het loo and we will definitely see footage on the news etc.

i wonder about Felicia's baptism as well. it has been almost 8 months since she's born. all the vollenhovens children had their baptism at apeldoorn, right? so why shouldn't this be a same case.

As a matter of interest, how tall is Marilene? She appears to be towering over her sisters-in-law.

Dont know how tall she is but Princess Margriet is rather tiny (as is the Queen), which makes Marilene (and Maxima) appear taller then they are. I estimate her under 1.80, 1.78 I would say.

pollyemma said:
well i meant that the catholic baptism may have already happened. since the house of orange is protestant that is not in the public purview. but the protestant baptism will most likely take place at het loo and we will definitely see footage on the news etc.

There's only ONE baptism for every christians, catholics, protestant, orthodox. If you've been baptized in the catholic faith, you don't need and can't be baptized protestant.

THis was posted by Marianne on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Yesterday afternoon Prince Maurits, his wife Marilène and their 2 eldest children were present at a so-called "Family-Musical".
This performance was a very special one and here you can see Maurits & his fam. talking to the artists & "Mouse"
[/FONT]

muis_3_450.jpg

Picture from: musicalworld.nl

When did Lucas start wearing glasses? I first noticed them from pictures at Luana's baptism. But through the summer from pictures at Peter Smulders Lucas didn't seem to need glasses.

It was on the pictures of the baptism that I saw him first wearing them as well, so I guess somewhere in the autumn. In pictures from the breastfeeding-episode he didn't wear any yet.

more from the Premiere of Musical 'Muis'
January 29,2006 - Amsterdam
(photos from brunopress)

Thanks again purple! Very nice pictures. Lucas doesn't seem to pleased though ;)

4th & last ones from brunopress

Lucas is definitely a cute boy... :) ;)

Marengo said:
Thanks again purple! Very nice pictures. Lucas doesn't seem to pleased though ;)

you're very welcome, marengo! i love seeing these family pictures as much as you do :) ;)

here are a couple more from ANP

Princess Marilene shopping at a toy store on the cornelis schuytstraat.
Amsterdam, January 14, 2006
(photos from petersmulders)

Attachments

• Prinses%20Marilene%20140106.jpg
    Prinses%20Marilene%20140106.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Prinses%20Marilene%201401066.jpg
    Prinses%20Marilene%201401066.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Prinses%20Marilene%201401067.jpg
    Prinses%20Marilene%201401067.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Prinses%20Marilene%2014010671.jpg
    Prinses%20Marilene%2014010671.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Prinses%20Marilene%2014010693.jpg
    Prinses%20Marilene%2014010693.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 268
Lovely pictures , thanks for posting them :)

I like this family very much, prince Maurits and his wife are down to earth, very easy going and it's nice to see them in normal public outings.
Princess Marilene looks radiant, she is one of the prettiest Dutch princesses!

Bless you purple_platinum! :)

Thanks for all these wonderful pictures of Maurits and Marilene, Anna and Lucas! It is no secret that I love the van Vollenhoven family, and as they are lesser public royals they are not covered very much in the press, so it is always a pleasure to see this down-to-earth family out and about!

Thanks for all the pictures, purple! They're lovely. It's good to see Maurits, Marilene and the children. Lucas is so cute! :)

Maybe it's the glasses, but Lucas resembles Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven a bit I think.

Marengo said:
Maybe it's the glasses, but Lucas resembles Prof. Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven a bit I think.

Yeah, I can see that a bit. I also think he looks like his Uncle Bernhard a little bit, with the hair & glasses.

Thanks Marengo & Purple Platinum for the pics.

Always nice to see the family together. And I think in this case they didn't mind the press being there. I see Peter Smulders is still taking pictures of Marilene as she does private things, so she is still is being followed by photographers. But I haven't seen many pics of her with the kids going on everyday walks & such, so hopefully the press is leaving the children alone. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part!

OMG Anna has grown and changed so much she's a very beutiful little girl! ;)

Thank you for the great photos. I, too, enjoy the VV family and wish we saw more of these daughters-in-law! Any photos of Aimee, Anita or Annette?

hello, you've asked about the baptism of felicia. Yesterday ik visited paleis Het Loo to see the weddingdresses of Margriet and her daugthers in law.
The chapel was closed. I asked why we couldn't see it and they told me that they were preparing the chapel for the christening of Felicia this sunday. ( so tomorrow 5 februari)

That's great news, adierick! Which reminds me, I still have to go to Paleis het Loo. Oh, why doesn't a week have 9 days? :eek:

Thank you adierick! I was wondering about the baptism as well! BTW, it is Marilene's birthday today, congratulations!

adierick said:
hello, you've asked about the baptism of felicia. Yesterday ik visited paleis Het Loo to see the weddingdresses of Margriet and her daugthers in law.
The chapel was closed. I asked why we couldn't see it and they told me that they were preparing the chapel for the christening of Felicia this sunday. ( so tomorrow 5 februari)

Welcome to the forum adierick! :)

What a great first post this news is, too! :)

I wonder why Maurits and Marilene waited so long to baptise Felicia?

That's wonderful news Adierick! It's about time! I know it will be a private baptism, but I hope we get to see some pictures!

We have reached 10 pages, its now time to close the thread. Thanks to everyone who posted articles and pictures of the couple. For continued discussion, click here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom