Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 2 (September 2006 - September 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Welcome to a new, fresh thread for Prince Friso & Princess Mabel of Netherlands' (along with their daughters) current events

The previous thread can be found
here

Please post current news and pictures of Prince Friso & Princess Mabel in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines & also on Photo Agencies & Copyright:

• [*]The current events' thread is only for current news & events
    [*]Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
    [*]Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
    [*]Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
    [*]Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
    [*]Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
    [*]Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Her hair looks great and the cut of her clothes, too. I am not sure about that very 60-ish pattern on her clothes though, it somehow hurts the eyes ...

Good heavens! What on earth is she wearing? At first I thought that it was a nice top, but it seems to be an entire uniform.
Anyway, good to see her and Friso supporting such a good cause, she seems rather dedicated to it.

Last edited:
She is wearing is an Emilio Pucci Autum/Winter 2006/07.

Btw. Queen Sofia on last few times wore smth similar in style.

Yeah, um I change my mind. I thought her top was like that, not the entire outfit! Still love the hair though. It's nice that Mabel's so dedicated to a cause. It kind of deflects all the criticism she got.

The hair is great but the outfit is awful.

It looks like a Rorshach Ink Blot test exploded on her clothes. Those clothes are best left for the costume closet when it's Halloween and you want to dress like it's 1969.

The hair is groovy, but the outfit's a total mess, man.

Maison Pucci, Rome - Couture Automne/Hiver 2006

The outfit as worn by Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau comes from the collection of the Italian Marquess Emilio Pucci, Rome.

See this picture from the Catwalking webiste: http://www.catwalking.com/SHOWBRIEF/seasons/AW06/shows/PUCCI_ED_AW06/pages/PUCC_AW06_0229.html

Taste is in the eye of the beholder, but Princess Mabel for sure has a very expensive taste (Viktor & Rolf, Emilio Pucci).

Princess Mabel wearing a diademe with this wonderful coiffure.... wow, I think.

Last edited:
I don't think the outfit is too bad. IMO Perhaps it would be less overpowering if she had worn plain colour trousers - white or black.

Okay, I had time to think now:lol:
I really like her hairstyle! It's something new and it suits her quite well!
The cut of the dress is awful! But I like the colours and the pattern. :rolleyes:

The pic in the card for Zaria's birth.
(i'm sorry for the quality but my scan have a problem:bang: :bang: )
The pic scanned.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the top had been a dress with a different collar (boat neck maybe?) or a wrap-dress it would be okay. I actually like the print:rolleyes: ... it's just toooo much when worn with pants. And I really like her hair.

Holy smokes, is she wearing her pyama's??!

I'm telling you people, Mabel and Laurentien would do well to take a page from Maxima who, thank goodness, totally gets it when it comes to what is and what isn't appropriate to wear.

As they say, the lady should be wearing the outfit, and not the other way around!

Fab hair, though!

And yes, kudo's to her for caring about the cause, but why oh why have your outfit distract from your message? Again, Mabel, if you read this, please please spend more time with your stylishly appropriate sis-in-law, Maxima!!

Well...its official..the outfit is just a disaster no matter who is wearing it.

Again...I love love the hairstyle and Mabel's dedication to AIDS. I actually like the pattern, but I agree it would have been better maybe as a wrap dress. This week Mabel and Laurentien are going to be at an event...right? Please help us...Laurentien hasn't been seen since the baby was born..I am sure its going to be shocking!

princess olga said:
Holy smokes, is she wearing her pyama's??!

I'm telling you people, Mabel and Laurentien would do well to take a page from Maxima who, thank goodness, totally gets it when it comes to what is and what isn't appropriate to wear.

As they say, the lady should be wearing the outfit, and not the other way around!

Fab hair, though!

And yes, kudo's to her for caring about the cause, but why oh why have your outfit distract from your message? Again, Mabel, if you read this, please please spend more time with your stylishly appropriate sis-in-law, Maxima!!

It may sound weird but Laurentien and Mabel are wearing couture and prêt-à-porter. You pay a fortune for a Pucci or a Viktor & Rolf. Taste is in the eye of the beholder but I like it that the three Netherlands Princesses are so on the edge with their clothes.

Henri M. said:
It may sound weird but Laurentien and Mabel are wearing couture and prêt-à-porter. You pay a fortune for a Pucci or a Viktor & Rolf. Taste is in the eye of the beholder but I like it that the three Netherlands Princesses are so on the edge with their clothes.
Of course, she is wearing couture. Nobody here expects her to buy clothes at the supermarket round the corner or let’s say at C&A. But to me it still looks like a pyjama.
BTW to add something positive: The hairdo is really classy. And it could have been worse. So thank goodness, she left the leggings inside the Pucci store and decided to wear loose trousers.
Source Vogue.co.ok

Does someone have the picture of Friso and Mabel dancing together at the aidsgala?

I don't know if these where posted yet, looks new to me. From the fashion show in 2005 for the summer from 2006 . source Gettyimages

Princess Mabel looks amazing and wonderful the last pictures.Thanks:flowers:

this is the dutch designerscouple Viktor & Rolf princess mabel is their muse

one of theire inspiratiors but they are a little different

HRH Princess Mabel will open an exhibition of works by Vincent van Gogh at the Szépmuvészeti Museum,Budapest on friday december 1st,
on occasion of the Centenary of the museum.80 Works by van Gogh are on loan from all over the globe.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Courtesy hja.

note:the Princess has strong ties with all former east block countries,including Hungary,due to her work as Director EU Affairs
of the Open Society Institute.

30-11-2006 Hungary Princess Mable visited the Jozsefvaros Centre for Roma students in Hungary

See PPE Pictures here.

Mable looks nice...and no bows! She looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom