Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, Current Events 1 (August 2003 - September 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congraturlations to her and Johan Friso.

Josefine said:
johan Frisco where does his names come from does he have more names
Full name of Friso:

HRH Johan Friso Bernhard Christiaan David

Also congratulations from me...seems Grandma Beatrix gets more and more busier. So many new grandchildren in such a short time span! And who knows...maybe crown princess Maxima is pegnant again or is becoming pregnant...so that she would give birth to a child in summer. Then Beatrix would already be fivefold grandmother.

Johan Friso comes from a person in the Orange history, in 1687, JOHAN willem FRISO. Friso comes from FRIESLAND :)

posted by Marengo:

Johan-Friso also is a family name. Stadholder Johan-Willem-Friso inherited the positions & titles from King/Stadholder Willem III. Friso comes from the province of Frisia in the north of the Netherlands, the father of JWF & JWF himself were only stadholder of Frisia, and after the death of Willian III of the other dutch provinces as well. Bernhard is his maternal grandfather, David...rumours have it that David comes from a David that the queen was in love with during the early 60-ties, an israelian sheepfarmer who Crownprincess Beatrix met when they were involved in charitywork for the people who suffored from an eartquake in Persia (now Iran). No idea where Christiaan comes from.

Congratulations to Mabel and Frisco! (Where is that clapping smiley when you need it? :p )

That such good news (my cousin sister is also pregnant), I am so happy for them. Congratulations to both of them and may God bless them with healthy child..

I would like to know what the RVD is? Could someone kindly explain this? Is this the official news agency for the Royal House of the Netherlands for announcing official things?

Thanks so much!
Linda81

linda81 said:
I would like to know what the RVD is? Could someone kindly explain this? Is this the official news agency for the Royal House of the Netherlands for announcing official things?

Thanks so much!
Linda81
Yes, it is the Government Information Service.

ladybelline said:
Princess Mabel is pregnant! Excellent news!
So she is the first of last spring's new Princesses to be expecting...:D

Here's an article about the announcement:
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/15173431/Prinses_Mabel_in_verwachting.html
What great news! A fourth grandchild for the Queen -- some very busy years for the last few years with the addition of all these daughter-in-laws and grandchildren!

About Mabel being the first of the new princesses from last spring becoming pregnant -- she was also probably the one with the least amount of pressure put upon her by the media, and with the least amount of rumours, gossiping and guessing games of if she was pregnant or not. The first and only time I heard of Mabel being pregnant rumours was at Claus-Casimir's baptism -- which was right, if not official.

I saw this at the Benelux Royals MB, is it an official announcement? From the RVD or from the Queen directly? (See discussion above.)

[font=verdana, arial]
Her Majesty the Queen is very pleased to be able to announce that Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel is pregnant. The birth of the first child of Princess Mabel and Prince Friso is expected at the end of April 2005.
[/font]

Another article, in Dutch if you can read it:
http://www.nos.nl/nieuws/artikelen/2004/10/29/mabelinverwachting.html

Last edited:
It's so nice to hear some wonderful news for these two when their marriage and relationship has endured so much hardship. I'm glad they'll have a little ray of sunshine to look forward to in April of next year! Congrats to the two! :D

Wonderful News!Next year also the Silver Jubilee year of Queen Beatrix!Hope that maybe next year Maxima will also have her second baby!So next year will be a very special year of The dutch Royals and Dutch people

I thought Mabel wasn't a "Her Royal Highness" because they didn't have govt approval for the marriage?

ap3 said:
I thought Mabel wasn't a "Her Royal Highness" because they didn't have govt approval for the marriage?
i think so....she is not a princess...she is just Mabel...if i remember it correctly

from the website:
Through his marriage he is no longer a member of the Royal House. Under the Membership of the Royal House Act (2002), he no longer bears the title Prince of the Netherlands. He still bears the personal title of Prince of Orange-Nassau, and will continue to be addressed as “Your Royal Highness”. The hereditary title Count of Orange-Nassau has also been bestowed on him.
He has been granted the hereditary title of count, with the family name Orange-Nassau van Amsberg. Although not a princess in her own right, Princess Mabel has taken her husband's titles, and is known as Princess of Orange-Nassau, Mrs Van Amsberg. She is addressed as "Your Royal Highness".

also from the official website of the Dutch royal family:
Any children born to Prince Friso and Princess Mabel may use the title of Count or Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer or Jonkvrouw van Amsberg, and the surname Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg. Should they do so, they will be referred to as Count or Countess.

Johan Friso and Mabel, News and Pictures Part 2 (Nov 2004-Sep 2006)

Follow this link for more pictures

http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm?Goto=frontend/fotos/ShowSerie.cfm&nPictureSerieNo=3560
The Hague, Holland - Royal Family together at Lucent Dance Theater

The whole Royal family was invited by Prince Johan Friso and pregnant Princess Mabel in the Lucent Dance Theater in The Hague.

The three ballet of Paul Lightfoot, Sol León en Jorma Elo were the counter wedding present of the young royal couple.

They wanted to give it earlier, but because of the death of late Princess Juliana, the dance performance was set till tonight.

All members of the Royal family looked glamarous.
Princess Maxima stole the show in a beautiful wardrobe. Queen Beatrix was very proud to have the complete family together at the performance and blincked several times to her naughty daughter in law Mabel.

The couple had asked to make it a private performance without any press. This is very odd, due to the fact that ''this is one of the rare occassions where the whole family is complete. Mabel and Friso live in Londen as well as Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien with baby Eloise and Claus Casimir.
The gossip in the audience was loud, when Maxima entered the theater. Everybody looked at the ''''soon to be mother'''', but this is still not officially said by the RVD office.

COPYRIGHT PICTURE PRESS EUROPE

Saterday, interview with Princess Mabel, dutch:

ROSENMÖLLER EN… PRINSES MABEL
TV Ned 1 - za 27 november 22.20 uur

Prinses Mabel aan het werk in Oost-Europa

Eén voor één haalt een Moldavische gevangene pakketjes met nieuwe, schone injectiespuiten uit een houten kast. Vol trots laat ze de schone naalden zien aan H.K.H. Prinses Mabel van Oranje. Deze scène uit een vrouwengevangenis, waar bij hoge uitzondering mocht worden gefilmd, is te zien in de tweede aflevering van ‘Paul Rosenmöller en...’.

In dit exclusieve portret wordt Prinses Mabel gevolgd tijdens een werkreis door Moldavië en Macedonië. Prinses Mabel is al meer dan zeven jaar werkzaam als directeur Europese zaken van het Open Society Institute (OSI) dat wereldwijd steun geeft aan democratiseringsprocessen en activiteiten om mensenrechten te verbeteren. OSI werkt momenteel in meer dan 60 landen.

De reis door Moldavië en Macedonië staat voor het grootste deel in het teken van aidsbestrijding. Openhartig en geëngageerd vertelt Prinses Mabel in deze 45 minuten durende uitzending onder meer over het belang van de strijd tegen aids en de snelle verspreiding van de aidsepidemie in Oost-Europa. Zij laat zien wat het OSI bijdraagt in deze strijd. In dit persoonlijke portret wordt ook uitgebreid gesproken over haar idealen en drijfveren.

Interviews en presentatie: Paul Rosenmöller; research: Saskia de Boer en Henriëtte Smit; camera: Peter van der Linden, Tijn van Neerven; geluid: Geert Poelgeest; productie: Marie-Louise van Agtmael; samenstelling en regie: Hans Hermans; eindredactie: Lioni Schrederhof

Attachments

• mabel2.jpg
    mabel2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 326
  • mabel1.jpg
    mabel1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but i think Mabel looked monstruous this week.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00130328.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00130328.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
If she wears this many bows on her clothes, I can only image what her house looks like! Or her bedspread. Poor Johan Frisco, he probably has nightmares about bows attacking him! :p I'm just joking!

I don't like her dress either. It is like her wedding dress, it would have been beautiful if it wasn't for all the bows. She is seriously taking this bow thing a little too far!

For goodness sake! I hadn't noticed that even her shoes had bows. She needs bow therapy!

xxLindaxx said:
Here you can see the interview with Mabel:
( click on Paul Rosenmöller en...)
http://www.omroep.nl/ikon/
I read a bit of Mabel's interview at the Benelux Royals MB, and I was quite intrigued to hear more of the interview, but alas I don't speak or read a lick of Dutch. Can anyone provide a full English translation?

What was the purpose of the interview? The Dutch royals don't seem to give many interviews, only for special occasions or reasons (such as to thank the pubic for the gifts and cards following Amalia's birth).

Also, what is it that Mabel does exactly? My understanding from the bits and pieces I read that she is involved with a humanitarian organization of sorts?

Her fetish for bows and the lying or hidden past aside, the bit I read Mabel seems like an incredible woman with hopeful, earnest and good intentions in trying to improve the world around her bit by bit. I believe the most frequent comments in regards to Mabel and this interview by the posters at the Benelux Royals MB was how 'ideaistic' Mabel seemed.

Her shoes heels at least 7 cm high. For a pregnant woman, high heel shoes are dangerous. Also her bows, imagine if the bows were not tightening enough and loose off then she could have slip.....

galuhcandrakirana said:
Her shoes heels at least 7 cm high. For a pregnant woman, high heel shoes are dangerous. Also her bows, imagine if the bows were not tightening enough and loose off then she could have slip.....
The shoes remind me of Dorothy's shoes in "The Wizard of Oz"

:( Ooookkayyy, so she has a bow fetish with a serious case of fashion ignorance....I still like her, but her make-up could use a makeover.

will Johan and Mabel attend his Grandfather's funeral? yes or no?

Sara Boyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom