Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events 2 (March 2006 - Aug 2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
queenofcelts said:
I wish him soon recovery!

The Prince already left the hospital late last night.:)

HRH,along with Princess Laurentien,Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are expected in Bamako,Mali end of next week for the worldpremeire of the African Opera "Bintou Were",a production in cooperation with the Republic of Mali,The Prince Claus Foundation and the Théâtre de Châtelet,Paris.

The European premiere will be at the Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ,Amsterdam,early june and will be staged at the Théâtre du Châtelet,Paris in october.

TRH Prince Constantijn and Prince Friso are Honorary Chairs of the Prince Claus Foundation.

Have been roaming all possible sites to find pictures of last nights performance of the Sahel opera "Bintou Were" at Bamako,Mali,but no such luck till now,sorry,I'm just so curious how the evening was:ermm: .

Het Koninklijk Huis

And an article from Mali reagrding last night:

Afribone.com

courtesy Joris who posted the link at the BRMB.

Last edited:
17-02-2007 Bamako Sahel Opera, attended by Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien, Prince Friso and Princess Mabel accompanied by Minister of Culture Cheikh Omar and manager of the Nationmal Museum Samuel Sidibe, is an African opera composed and performed by the people of the Sahel countries to highlight African culture for both an African and a European audience was an idea that Prince Claus (1926-2002) brought to the Prince Claus Fund that was established in his name on his 70th birthday in 1996. He envisaged a spectacle of such quality and originality that it would steal the hearts of people throughout the world.

Photos from PPE
PPE Agency

Adry said:
17-02-2007 Bamako Sahel Opera, attended by Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien, Prince Friso and Princess Mabel accompanied by Minister of Culture Cheikh Omar and manager of the Nationmal Museum Samuel Sidibe, is an African opera composed and performed by the people of the Sahel countries to highlight African culture for both an African and a European audience was an idea that Prince Claus (1926-2002) brought to the Prince Claus Fund that was established in his name on his 70th birthday in 1996. He envisaged a spectacle of such quality and originality that it would steal the hearts of people throughout the world.

Photos from PPE
PPE Agency

More pics from koninklijkhuis.nl

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8411/0000188pcfgrooths0.jpg

Mabel and Laurentien's dresses are very originaly!!!!

Adry said:

Photos from PPE
PPE Agency

Thank you Adry & Lucidu.
:)

queenofcelts said:
I don't like what Mabel and Laurentien are wearing-(

Influenced by Africa.
They will not wear Dior or Gaultier in Mali, which is understandably.
Princess Mabel however looks like wearing Pucci couture. Trés expensive! But it matches very will with the colourful outfits of the African ladies.

Henri M. said:
Influenced by Africa.
Well, when I look at Laurentien I see the african elements very clearly and it fits to the event.
.. but when I look at Mabel's colourful top I just have to think of Flower-Power and 60's Hippies... :lol: her dress doesn't look very african.

anneke said:
I don't like the clothes.
Bah!!!

Princess Mabel and Princess Laurentien do like it.

Remember Prince Willem-Alexander's famous line:
"The monarchy is no ape-theatre: throw a nickel and we perform a dance for you".

:flowers:

Last edited:
mabel is pregnant or she is a bit fat?

She has given birth to Countess Zaria, her second daughter, a few months ago.

I think its just the style of the blouse that makes her appear larger than she really is.

Empress said:
I'm sorry, but that outfit is just awful! She looks like she was attacked by a granny with mad knitting needles!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quite a way with words, you have.

queenofcelts said:
I don't like what Mabel and Laurentien are wearing-(

Neither do I. They both look like they time-traveled from Woodstock.

Sad, really sad

An African opera composed and performed by the people of the Sahel countries to highlight African culture for both an African and a European audience was an idea that the late Prince Claus brought to his Fund.

He envisaged a spectacle of such quality and originality that it would steal the hearts of people throughout the world.

It is kind of sad that on this board there is only attention for the outfits of the two ladies, who were not there representing the Royal House but only accompanying their spouses, the joint chairs of the Prince Claus Fund.

:neutral:

I think most posters even did not have an idea it was in Bamako, Mali, one of the world's poorest places to live and to work. I'm happy the Princesses had the good taste not to appear in western capitalistic clothes, with Louboutins at their feet, costing a year's salary in Mali!

getpic.aspx

(Source: Dutch Photo Press)

Henri M. said:
I think most posters even did not have an idea it was in Bamako, Mali, one of the world's poorest places to live and to work. I'm happy the Princesses had the good taste not to appear in western capitalistic clothes, with Louboutins at their feet, costing a year's salary in Mali!

It would've been better to have worn Louboutins, it's less recognizable than Mabel's huge Pucci tunic which costs more than a year's salary in Mali.

i like laurentien's evening dress. the earrings are very pretty.

dont like her yellow day outfit though. it makes her look washed out.

I have not been to the site for a while. Can someone please explain to me why Constantijn is on crutches? Thanks!

Princess Laurentien attended today the premiere of the mulitmediaprogramme Read and Write.

PPE Agency

That is a very stylish appearance of the Princess.

I especially like the matching accessoires, see picture. This means the accessoire were especially made for this outfit.

Her sister-in-law had the same: shoes, purse, gloves and hat in exactly the same colours and style, see picture. It is wonderful that the Netherlands Princesses try to dress up and avoid looking too matronly.

It is also clear that the level of formality in the event of the second picture (hats and gloves) was higher than in the event in the first picture: a protocollair state-visit contra a multimedia-event.

Last edited:
She looks pretty! Her outfit-choice was great! Very elegant.
It seems she made some very good fashion decisions the last weeks..
She also looked great in Norway, too!
Thumbs up for Laurentien!
:flowers:

Well I'll be. She actually looks good. That pattern is very nice.

I know that Princess Laurentien is often criticized for her extravagant style. But inside that style laurentinoise she is quite precize.

Look at this much criticized outfit and see that the hat, purse and shoes are exactly of the same colour as the gown.

Even in this outrageous outfit you see that the whole ensemble was carefully selected.

Another outfit laurentinoise, but take a better look and see that her shoes were especially made together with her purse...

Sometimes it is pure horror, but the Dutch Princesses, all three of them, have an expensive taste!!!

imo this is the best outfit laurentien has worn, i dont like the matching bag but what a great outfit.

Just because they have expensive tastes doesn't mean they look their best all the time. That middle outfit of Laurentien's is utterly ghastly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom