Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events Part 3 (Aug 2007 - Dec 17)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the setting the photographer used. Very relaxed, and the shading is wonderful. Although, I do have to say, the finished photos are not flattering for Laurentien, you can see every wrinkle she's got. I know that she has them, but let's try and photoshop some of those out next time.

I too was really surprised how aged Princess Laurentien looked in the book photos, especially around her eyes. Her fashion these last couple of weeks is pretty good. She seems like such a great person, what a warm smile!

They're very relaxed and casual "portraits". I do like Laurentein's hairstyle, it suits her.

Princess Laurentien,UN Special Envoy for Litteracy for Development,attended and delivered the keynote speech at the CONFINTEA conference at Belem,Brazil.

She delivered a speech that made a positive furore.

The Dutch Royal House

Literacy really is ALL of our concern, a very ambitious speech by the Princess. My only wish is that there was video of the speech! Thanks for posting the text to it, who is the speech writer?

Literacy really is ALL of our concern, a very ambitious speech by the Princess. My only wish is that there was video of the speech! Thanks for posting the text to it, who is the speech writer?

She goes by the name of Laurentien van Oranje Nassau.

Here are the pics of the mentioned event:

Prince Constantijn, patron for World Press Photo foundation, was
present at the opening of the World Press Photo Exhibition 2009
in Brussels, December 8, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn will start a full-time job working in the Cabinet of dutch EU Commisioner Neelie Kroes,Digital Agenda.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c648253ef0120a7fde3a8970b-pi

courtesy hja

He also used to work for years for another (former) dutch EU Commissioner,Hans v/d Broek,the father of Princess Marilène.

HRH was appointed due to his expertise in tele-communication and IT.

Previously HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon Parma,Constantijn's cousin,worked for Neelie Kroes.Prince Jaime is an expert in
conflict management and presently working with the UN.

TRH Princess Laurentien,Chair of the European Cultural Foundation,and Princess Margriet,accompanied by HRH Prince Constantijn
will attend the hand-out of the Route Award at the Royal Flemish Theatre,Brussels,tuesday january 26th.

Princess Laurentien will speech,Princess Margriet who was Chair prior to Laurentien,will hand-out the Awards.:)

TRH Princess Laurentien,Chair of the European Cultural Foundation,and Princess Margriet,accompanied by HRH Prince Constantijn
will attend the hand-out of the Route Award at the Royal Flemish Theatre,Brussels,tuesday january 26th.

Princess Laurentien will speech,Princess Margriet who was Chair prior to Laurentien,will hand-out the Awards.:)

Brussels today:

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe:)

24-02-2010 Rotterdam: Princess Laurentien attended the opening of
the 7th Forum of the “World Alliance of Cities Against Poverty” (WACAP)
in Rotterdam. WACAP, is an initiative of the United Nations Development
Programme (UNDP), a worldwide covenant to avoid poverty in the world.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien handed out the
World Press Photo Award for the World Press Photo of the
Year 2009 to Pietro Masturzo, Amsterdam, May 2nd, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn with European Commissioner Neelie Kroes
who gave an interview about the European digital agenda
in Den Haag, May 12, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn at the award ceremony
'European Cultural Foundation Amsterdam' in Salzburg, Austria, July
25, 2010. Laurentien received an award.

This was not an affair that made a lot of newspapers today. I presume it has to do with the authoritative manner in which Laurentien behaves towards those not "royal". She insists on being called HRH; of course, one cannot force the public to do so as she is the daughter of a leftwing 'green' politician, a commoner.

I presume it has to do with the authoritative manner in which Laurentien behaves towards those not "royal". She insists on being called HRH; of course, one cannot force the public to do so as she is the daughter of a leftwing 'green' politician, a commoner.

I never heard that she was like that. I'm not saying it is untrue, but is there evidence of this behavior?

Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien attend the premiere of the play
'Jedermann' during the opening of the Salzburg Festival on July 25, 2010 in
Salzburg, Austria.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Great pictures Iceflower !! The dress is not what I like but that dont matter.

This was not an affair that made a lot of newspapers today. I presume it has to do with the authoritative manner in which Laurentien behaves towards those not "royal". She insists on being called HRH; of course, one cannot force the public to do so as she is the daughter of a leftwing 'green' politician, a commoner.

The Princess is nor authoritive in the way you put it nor insists on being addressed as HRH.Absolute nonsense,Laurentien isn't like that at all,she's approacheble and friendly to all.What that oesi says,is an absolute lie.No need to ask her for proof or anything else,there isn´t any,at all,other then my word for the contrary,she is one of the most pleasant members of the RF as is her Husband Prince Constantijn.oesi just blurred herself into this forum with her first post.The Kleinstaatenpreis in Salzburg was just a low key affair,that's all.

Last edited:
Thanks iceflower, a favorite couple of mine. As for Laurentien being authoritive and insisting on being addressed HRH, I agree with PrincessAurora. Oesi, could you provide sources for your statements?

I agree- media reports have consistently showed Laurentien as a gracious, warm, approachable and down-to-earth individual. I highly doubt these claims that she is not- are there sources that you can cite?

11-10-2010 The Hague Princess Laurentien attended the celebrations of the 65th anniversary of the expertise handicap + study in Madurodam in The Hague.The Princess launched the new website of the handicap + study.

PPE Gallery

Princess Laurentien during the celebration of the 65th anniversary of the expertise handicap + study in Madurodam in The Hague. October 11, 2010

Belga picture gallery:

BelgaPicture - Category details

Laurentien is one of my favorite Princesses and I love this outfit! She and Constantijn don't live in Holland do they?

:previous:

No, they don't, they live in Brussels.

Prince Constantijn visited his old school, the Eerste Vrijzinnig Christelijk Lyceum,
for the project ‘EU Back to School’, Den Haag, November 5, 2010. He spoke
with students about the roll of the European Union in their daily life.

Yesterday evening prince Constantijn and princess Laurentien attended the opening of the World Press Photoexhibition 2010 in the Musée du Cinquantenaire, in Brussels.

Their presence was only announced yesterday morning btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom