Your Favourite Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Belgian (absolutely) , Dutch and Danish.

Well Queen Mathilde, Queen Maxima, Princess Marie and a man who can support 4 women. Difficult but I would prefer Prince Harry.

Last edited by a moderator:
My top:
Danish
Spain
Sweden
Norway
British
Belgian
Luxembourg
Dutch
Japan
Liechtenstein
Jordan
Monaco

Of the former (deposed) royal families:
Portugal
Greece
Bulgaria
Brazil
Germain
Serbia

My top:
Spain
Danish
Luxembourg
Sweden
British
Norway
Belgian
Dutch
Liechtenstein
Monaco

Of the former (deposed) royal families:
Portugal
Greece
Germain

I don't know if I like them best, but they interest me most- British!

I also follow:
Japan
The Netherlands
Denmark

I'm not very interested in the rest.

British, then Swedish and Danish tied.

I have been following royalty for 70 years and I try not to pick favorites. Each country is unique in their own way. They each have their own backstory. Very interesting and educational for someone my age, who is becoming less and less active due to age.

If I had to make a ranking of those I follow it would be something like

Netherlands
Belgium
Sweden (mostly because of Victoria and Daniel)
Spain
Luxembourg
Jordan
Norway
British (but I will probably lose interest if Charles' alleged plans of a reduced royal family happen)
Denmark
Japan
Liechtenstein

My favorites are in this order, British, Luxembourg, Sweden, and Norway.

British, then Swedish and Danish tied.

I don't have an answer for which family I like the best. I follow, however, the Belgian, British, Dutch, Spanish, and Swedish royal families. I'm not particularly interested in the Danish or Norwegian royal families and I don't follow the RFs of the small European monarchies (Liechstenstein, Luxembourg and Monaco), nor the RFs of the east Asian monarchies (Japan, Thailand) or of the Islamic monarchies (Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, etc. ).

The only ones I consistently follow are Monaco and Luxembourg, and occasionally Belgium and the deposed French Royals.

The others, I only check in if there is something big like an engagement, birth, death, etc. or one of the Royal females is wearing something that I love.

But I very much agree with Grandma 828...each RF is special in it's own way, and each monarchy has traditions and a "feel" that I find charming.

Last edited:
1. Norwegian
2. Danish
3. The Windsor RF (They're more than just British)

Deposed/non-reigning:
1. Iranian (H.M Empress Farah is an example to the world)
2. Romanian (the one I most want restored)
3. Portuguese (the one I think is quietly getting closer to a restoration)

I follow the British Royal Family because they're my royal family,Netherlands (love the exuberance of Queen Maxie), Denmark (I have a soft spot for Daisy) and Spain, (mainly due to Letizia fantastic fashions I have to admit.)

The British Royal Family
The Bernadottes of Sweden

Most interested in British Royal Family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it be interesting if this forum listed the royal families in order of the interest they generate?
It could be determined by the number of comments!

(I'm betting the top one would be the BRF).

I suppose it would be easier for me to list the families that I don't follow on a regular basis, who are the Norwegian royal family, the Luxembourgish grand ducal family, the princely families of Monaco and Liechtenstein, and non-European royal families in general (although I am interested in constitutional issues outside Europe such as e.g. the possible abdication of the emperor of Japan).

In Europe, the royal families I am mostly interested in are the Belgian, British and Swedish ones. I am more or less neutral about the Danish, Dutch and Spanish RFs and follow only the major events associated with them (like an inauguration/enthronement, wedding, or state visit) .

Last edited:
I know a little about all of them. But the two I am most interested in are Monaco and Luxembourg. I have varying degrees of interest in the rest, with(ironically) the Windsors at the very bottom of the list.

I say "ironic' because that's the only Royal family many Americans like me even know about.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm most interested in the DRF, Spain. The BRF is not in my list (it's too much). I like to read about the other royal Family's, events jewelry, history. [emoji1360]

I meant the forum as a whole, not individuals.

Which Royal families generate the most interest in terms of the number of comments posted in the Royal Forums?

I don't know if there have ever been any statistics on that?

BRF. But also follow several others.

LaRae

Mostly the BRF and their history and traditions. I am starting to follow some of the others more and more and have a great liking for Queen "Daisy" Margrethe.

I have an interest in all royal families. I really like the British, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourgish Royal Family. I also like to follow some non-reigning ones (Portugal, Romania, Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, etc).

I have an interest in all royal families. I really like the British, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourgish Royal Family. I also like to follow some non-reigning ones (Portugal, Romania, Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, etc).

Blog Real, I have been learning about the Portuguese Royal Family thanks to your contributions. I also like your lists of past monarchs on various Royalty.

I am also interested in those families and find the lesser ones quite interesting. I would also add the princely family of monoco to the list. I would also exclude mother duke and duchess of Sussex from the the list, tired of the the problems

Back
Top Bottom