The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
I think most of the Belgian Royal Family has blue eyes?? It looks to me that Queen Paola has brown eyes. I think Amedeo and Laetitia Maria have brown eyes too---I guess they get that from their granny. Although, Prince Lorenz could have brown eyes--I cannot tell from pictures.
Actually, Prince Lorenz has green eyes, as you can see in this picture: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Old 12-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
Mary's eyes appear hazel to me sometimes...at certain times they appear to have hints of green in them.

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/fi...ryportrait.jpg -- I don't know...I think you have to look closely to see it lol. There aren't very good pictures of Mary's eyes.

But I personally think they are hazel...I can spot bits of green in them sometimes.
Yes, they appear to be light hazel with a little hint of green in them, I think she has absolutely beautiful eyes, the colour is so gorgeous and unique.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

What color are little George's eyes? Anyone get a good look?
Old 12-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
What color are little George's eyes? Anyone get a good look?
Well, that's difficult, it seems to me baby George's eyes are either green or dark blue.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Commoner

Colour of Royal Eyes

Regarding George and babies, don't babies eyes stay blue for a little while then settle on a colour? But for now they look sort of a blue?!

As for Mary, I can agree on the hazel colour!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:00 PM

Colour of Royal eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I must say that the British royal family, is really outclassed when it comes to eyes. They all have various shades of blue, and it is not really anything to write about.
The odd one out would have to be Prince Edward who has one blue eye and one the other is patially green. Must have been a resisieve gene or something.
Does anyone know if Princess Margaret is the only member of her family to have had violet eyes? She took regular blue royal eyes to a different level.
She seemed unique in her beauty and I wonder where her violet eyes originated and if someone from her family has them too. It would be lovely if they appeared in one of her forebears or appear again in her descendants.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Commoner

I love to find color of young royals eyes.

Alexandra of Hanover - Blue
AAA - Brown (I think Ariane has a bit of hazel)
Athena of Denmark - Hazel
Aymeric of Belgium - Blue
Christian of Denmark - Blue
Eleonore of Belgium - Blue
Elisabeth of Belgium - Blue
Emmanuel of Belgium - Blue
Estelle of Sweden - Green/Hazel (Her eyes color lighter than her mom)
Felix of Denmark - Blue
Gabriel of Belgium - Blue/Green
George of Cambridge - Hazel (I see his close-up in zoo, It show that his eyes aren't whole brown)
Henrik of Denmark - Green
Ingrid Alexandra of Norway - Brown
Isabella of Denmark - Blue
Viscount Severn - Blue
Josephine of Denmark - Blue
Laetitia Maria of Belgium - Blue
Leonor of Asturias - Blue
Leonore of Sweden - Blue
Lady Louise - Blue
Sofia of Spain - Green
Sverre Magnus of Norway - Blue
Vincent of Denmark - Blue
Old 01-23-2016, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Empress Elizabeth of Austria had blue eyes.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Louis VIII, King of France
"Blonde and blue of eye, like his kinsmen the Counts of Hainault"
From the Chronique rimee of Philippe Mouskes
Old 07-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Commoner

Just because this thread hasn't been too active lately and there are new royals to mention!

DENMARK
Joachim - blue
Frederik - blue
Alexandra - brown
Mary - brown
Marie - brown
Athena - brown
(Little) Henrik - green
Christian - blue
Isabella - blue
Vincent - blue
Josephine - green (they were definitely blue before but I think they're green now)

NORWAY
Mette-Marie - blue
Haakon - brown
Märtha Louise - blue
Marius - blue
Ingrid Alexandra - brown
Sverre Magnus - brown

SWEDEN
Carl Gustaf - blue
Silvia - brown
Victoria - brown
Carl Phillip - brown
Madeleine - blue
Daniel - brown
Christopher O'Neill - blue
Sofia - blue
Estelle - brown
Oscar - brown
Leonore - blue
Nicolas - blue
Alexander - brown

SPAIN
Felipe - blue
Letizia - hazel
Leonor - blue
Sofía - brown
all 4 of Cristina's kids have blue
both of Elena's have brown

UK
Savannah - green (she has the clearest sea green!)
Isla - blue
Louise - blue
James - blue
Harry - blue
William - blue
Catherine - green
George - brown
Charlotte - blue
I'm pretty sure everyone else is blue...

LUXEMBOURG
aren't they all brown? except for little Liam, but he's young enough for them to still change

BELGIUM
all blue. (Mathilde and co., at least)
Amadeo - brown
Elisabetta - blue
Anna Astrid - blue

THE NETHERLANDS
Willem-Alexander - blue
Maxima - brown
Amalia - brown
Alexia - brown
Ariane - brown

MONACO
someone will have to help me here as I only know a few (the twins and Charlotte/Caroline) and I know they have blue
Old 10-16-2017, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

My favorites are the Prince of Wales and Prince Harry
Old 12-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marytessy View Post
NORWAY
Mette-Marie - blue
Haakon - brown
Märtha Louise - blue
Marius - blue
Ingrid Alexandra - brown
Sverre Magnus - brown
just happened upon this old comment of mine and have to amend that Sverre Magnus has blue. Not sure what I was thinking when I typed brown?! I've also noticed that Haakon's are sometimes green/hazel even if the majority of the time they're brown.
As for my favorite(s)... would have to be Nikolai of Denmark followed by Leonor of Spain x
Old 01-06-2020, 10:27 PM

How could Infanta Sofía have dark brown eyes when both King and Queen both have light

I am not a genetic expert, but the genes for light colored eyes (blue, green, grey etc) are recessive: Meaning that every person with light eyes carries two genes for light eyes. And thus can only give such a gene to his/her child.

Infanta Sofía of Spain has brown eyes. How did she get the dominant gene for dark (brown, hazel) eyes?
Genes of a child come directly from each of her parents,
Since King Felipe (Blue) and Queen Letizia (green) both have recessive (light eyes) they both only have recessive eye genes to donate.

Any parent that gives a dominant gene (brown,hazel eyes) to a child must, by definition, have dark eyes him/her self.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Queen Letizia's eyes look like dark hazel to me. They look similar to her daughter's eyes.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree. Letizia has beautiful medium hazel eyes...and in some photos they appear almost green.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto_dlm View Post
I am not a genetics expert, but the genes for light-colored eyes (blue, green, grey, etc) are recessive: Meaning that every person with light eyes carries two genes for light eyes. And thus can only give such a gene to his/her child.
That's not entirely true. If a brown-eyed person carries the recessive allele for blue eyes and has a child with another brown-eyed person that carries the recessive allele for blue eyes, their child will have blue eyes. If one of those parents had a green allele, the child would have green eyes. In this way, a child with blue eyes (or green) will also have a brown allele that they, in turn, would pass on to their children. So, sometimes a person with blue eyes has only blue alleles, sometimes they don't. Brown eyes are dominant over all colors, green eyes are dominant over blue, and blue eyes are always recessive.

This is a rather simplistic diagram, but it does a decent job of showing what the odds are that a child will have X colored eyes, depending on the eye color of the parent --> http://files.kidspot.co.nz/kidspotnz...ur-chart_2.gif

Queen Letizia doesn't have green eyes, though. Her eyes are more of a hazel brown color, which is why Infanta Sofia's eyes are brown.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"