Your favourite Royal Couple? Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your favourite Royal Couple?

• Queen Elizabeth & Princes Philip

Votes: 36 8.9%
  • The Prince of Wales & the Duchess of Cornwall

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • The Earl and Countess of Wessex

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • King Albert & Queen Paola

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • CP Philippe & CP Mathilde

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Prince Laurent & Princess Claire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CP Frederik & CP Mary

Votes: 83 20.6%
  • CP Willem-Alexander & CP Maxima

Votes: 47 11.7%
  • Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien

• Prince Friso & Princess Mabel

• Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • CP Naruhito & CP Masako

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Prince Akishino & Princess Kiko

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • King Abdullah & Queen Rania

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Prince Ali & Princess Rym

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Prince Ernst-August & Princess Caroline

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • King Harald & Queen Sonja

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit

Votes: 38 9.4%
  • Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • CP Felipe & CP Letizia

Votes: 71 17.6%
  • The Duke & Duchess of Lugo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
This is part 2 of the thread: Your favourite Royal Couple?
We decided to open a new thread with a poll that includes most of the popular royal couples.

Perhaps members could also write why a certain couple is their very favourite? Otherwise it is just a list of names and that doesn't propel discussion.

And please remember to respect your fellow posters as well as the royals and people that are discussed here.

So have fun with the second part of this thread.:flowers:

This is a hard poll, because I have a couple of favorites:
Mary and Frederik--totally in love, and devoted, not afraid to show it
Felipe and Letizia--partners, they are each other's support; they are very quiet about their relationship, but still seem strong. In a way, their choice not to be demonstrative in public (never even kissing on the lips in public-not even at their wedding!) shows the quiet strength in their marriage. That's what I call their public marriage- quiet strength. Their love for their daughters lights up their world.
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip-- Although I don't always like Prince Philip, I think he and the queen have one of the strongest royal marriages. He was her first, and only love, and has been there for her, for over fifty years. A position which can't be easy, the husband of a very busy, very powerful, very strong woman who has devoted her life to her country, sometimes even to the sake of her personal life. Through everything, he has been there for her, her confidant, her friend, her ally.

Cristina & Iñaki
Kyril of Bulgaria & Rosario Nadal

King Harald and Queen Sonja, without a doubt.

A true Cinderella Story. :rolleyes: The Crown Prince falling in love with a common girl... she's waiting for him for 9 years until they announce their engagement.
This actually sounds like Walt Disney material to me.

I also like the young couples like Letizia & Felipe, Máxima and WA, Mary and Fred, Märtha and Ari, Mette and Haakon...
but I think the older couples are more charming..

There were so many lovely gestures between Beatrix and Claus, for example.

So, my favourite couples are:

1. Harald and Sonja - wonderful lovestory :rolleyes: :wub:

2. Beatrix and Claus - her support for him was breathtaking

3. Mette-Marit and Haakon - something like a modern Cinderella Story... :rolleyes:

Harald and Sonja now and for ever .:wub:

As Her majesty said it a wonderful love story, to me the most beautiful I've ever heard .

Charles and Camilla - their love and care for each other is obvious in every move. Besides, they do a tremendous work, both together and separately. And I respect them greatly.:wub:

Close second (very close) are:
Felipe & Letizia - I love this couple and their family. They make a great couple and great parents. They support each other, care for each other, have cutest possible girls... perfect family.
Haakon & Mette-Marit - a love story that managed to overcome all obstacles on the way. And what a gorgeous family they make!
Willelm-Alexander & Maxima - another great couple and great family. They suit each other perfectly, mainly because of the difference of their characters. And of course, their 3 amazing daughters give them bonus points as well.
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip - I've always loved this couple. It was a very sweet love story - the pictures of then Princess Elizabeth looking adoringly at Prince Philip or pictures of Prince Philip looking at his bride were great beyond words. And all these years the two of them were always together, supporting each other.

Couples of the past:
Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - amazing couple, they 'suited' each other perfectly.
Prince Charles and Princess Diana - I did love them as a couple and I prefer to remember the happy times of them, when they clearly loved and cared for each other.

All is just my opinion. There are so many other couples I would like to include, but there would be a risk of not fitting in one post.

Last edited:
Cristina & Iñaki with W-A and Maxima coming in second place:flowers:

The question is "your favorite royal couple" don't means only the King/Queen or the Crown Prince/Princess, if I understand well.
Nevertheless my eyes stay ever on the Princes of Asturias couple. They give of us an image of love, serious,dedication of their country very exceptional. Their father's activities seems to me so evident than their institutional tasks.

If I have to chose a second couple, I would vote for Juan Carlos and Sofia but not for the same reasons. For the Kings of Spain it will be for the fantastic work yet done!

Frederik and Mary. have enchanted me since their engagement. They are so playfull and in love and it shows from both of them, in everyhing they do. They now have created to adorable children, and they make a beautiful and happy family. They complement each other so beautifuly. (that's proably not even a word):wub:

Felipe and Letizia are great too, they would be my second choice. Their small gestures and looks and their affection and respect for each other is very cute, and they bring that love with them at work, every day.

But to me, Frederik and Mary are in a league of their own. :flowers:

EDIT: Cristina and Inaki .. Ah, the pictures that Criniñaki post are too adorable for words !

Last edited:
Máxima and Willem-Alexander I simply loooove. They are such a good example of opposits attracts (sp?). WA with his quiet and a bit shy personality and Maxima is constantly refreshing with her happy and outgoing personality. They are both such sweet persons in their own ways and together they are so cute because they do seem to be the other one´s contrast. Another reason to love these two is their family. I personally think they seem to be one of the most devoted royal parents. It´s so clear they are truly happiest with their kids and how is little Amalia with her mother´s personality and her daddy´s looks :D

on a second place I would put Beatrix and Claus (I have a thing for the Dutch royals ;)) they seemed to be much alike M&WA and they loved each other so much til the end. and prince Claus really seemed to be extremely popular in the country.

on a third place I would say Harald and Sonja. they went through so much before they were allowed to get married and still after all these years they seem to be each others´ strength

A couple not in the list and one I love more and more everyday is not exactly Royalty. Or partly Royalty - I really like Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy. They seem to make a wonderful couple, their care and love is so apparent in their eyes. :wub: :)

Since I started looking and reading these threads, Frederik and Mary have become my favorite couple. I also love Kyril and Rosario!

Charles and Camilla - my absolutly favourite couple.:wub::wub::wub:

Avalon, you´re right. Harry and Chelsy are a wonderful couple. For me there is much passion and trust between them.

It's hard decision to take for me. I voted for Felipe and Letizia, but I also like Frederik and Mary, Mette-Marit and Haakon, Willem-Alexander and Maxima. It's hard to say which couple is my favourite. I like Carl Gustaf and Silvia, Harald and Sonja, Juan Carlos and Sofia.
I like queen Margrethe, but I don't like Henrik:wub:

Undoubtedly felipe and letizia, they give an image of love, complicity and many mutual understanding.

MissSaga said:
Frederik and Mary. have enchanted me since their engagement. They are so playfull and in love and it shows from both of them, in everyhing they do. They now have created to adorable children, and they make a beautiful and happy family. They complement each other so beautifuly. (that's proably not even a word):wub:

Felipe and Letizia are great too, they would be my second choice. Their small gestures and looks and their affection and respect for each other is very cute, and they bring that love with them at work, every day.

But to me, Frederik and Mary are in a league of their own. :flowers:

EDIT: Cristina and Inaki .. Ah, the pictures that Criniñaki post are too adorable for words !

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm converting a lot of people with those:wub:

My favourite couple were Beatrix and Claus. :flowers:
Their love looked so deep and so 'honest'... I don't know how to say it, but they never looked faked... just lovely.
It was so moving to see them at the wedding of Willem and Maxima.

My second favourite couple are Mary and Frederik and Maxima and Willem.
Of the older couples I also like the Norwegian Couple and the Spanish one!

My favorite couple is CP Philippe & CP Mathilde

My second favorite couples are Maxima and Willem-Alexander and CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit

I already posted here before, but as I've gotten to know more royals my opinions changed.

My favourite younger couple is Willem-Alexander and Maxima. They are so happy and comfortable around each other, it's always so nice to see photos of them. :flowers:

Regarding the 'older' royals, I like King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofía for their hard working attitude. They certainly make a good team.

Also, King Albert and Queen Paola. There are some lovey pictures of them together now and I like the way they've managed to overcome previous problems in their relationship. :)

1. Felipe and Letizia
It´s great to see this pair together, they have so special relationship, the connection between them is so strong and everyone can see that they love eachother very much.
2. Haakon and Mette Marit
Lovely couple, who have survived hard times.
3. Carl Gustaf and Silvia
I admire the way they have done their job during the years.

A question that may be some of people have in their mind:

As Prince Joaquim is going to marry Marie Cavalier and doing to a glamorous couple - I presume - can you think that in Denmark it could have a knid of competition between the two princely couples? It's a question purely theorical because it's obvious that it's not the aim to do, but the similtude betwween the kind of women, and more the surname can conduct to rise as system the comparaison between the tandem Frederic/Mary vs Joaquim/Marie. It's pure speculation of my part and it will be very interesting to see in the next monthes how are reacting the Danese people.

A question that may be some of people have in their mind:

As Prince Joaquim is going to marry Marie Cavalier and doing to a glamorous couple - I presume - can you think that in Denmark it could have a knid of competition between the two princely couples? It's a question purely theorical because it's obvious that it's not the aim to do, but the similtude betwween the kind of women, and more the surname can conduct to rise as system the comparaison between the tandem Frederic/Mary vs Joaquim/Marie. It's pure speculation of my part and it will be very interesting to see in the next monthes how are reacting the Danese people.

I think it is only fair to wonder, if their will be comparison between the two couples in Denmark. I don't think the comparison will be between the couples though. It will more likely be between Mary and Marie. When Mary was engaged to Frederik she was compared to Alexandra. But only for a short while, as it turned out, she was a compleatly different type of person. No douth Marie will be compared to both Mary and Alexandre (she already is) but this comparison will fade out as we get to know her better. I am convinced that there won't be any competion between either the couples nor the princesses - simply because nobody will gaine from that. Some of the medias thougt, might try to make some stories on that issue, just to sell some more magazines.

My favorite is The Earl and Countess of Wessex

I've voted for W-A & Maxima because i find them a lovely match * ive always admired Maxima.

My second vote would be off cource Frederik & Mary, as i am a big fan of the Danish royals.

My favorite of ALL TIME has to be Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium. I don't think I have ever heard of a more romantic and inspiring love story.

I also love Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin.(Spain) They are perfect together and they have adorable children.

My favorite Royal couple was once Andrew and Sarah(York), and I still feel that they are soul mates who should have remained married.

I wish they had.

Infanta Cristina and Iñaki

I voted for King Albert and Queen Paola--the most endearing couple to watch. Always holding hands and affectionate. I really admire them overcoming the challenges that many couples face. They are lovely to watch/see

Cp Felipe and CP Letizia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom