Your favourite Royal Couple? Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is your favourite Royal Couple?

• Queen Elizabeth & Princes Philip

Votes: 36 8.9%
  • The Prince of Wales & the Duchess of Cornwall

Votes: 18 4.5%
  • The Earl and Countess of Wessex

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • King Albert & Queen Paola

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • CP Philippe & CP Mathilde

Votes: 17 4.2%
  • Prince Laurent & Princess Claire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • CP Frederik & CP Mary

Votes: 83 20.6%
  • CP Willem-Alexander & CP Maxima

Votes: 47 11.7%
  • Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien

• Prince Friso & Princess Mabel

• Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • CP Naruhito & CP Masako

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Prince Akishino & Princess Kiko

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • King Abdullah & Queen Rania

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Prince Ali & Princess Rym

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Prince Ernst-August & Princess Caroline

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • King Harald & Queen Sonja

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit

Votes: 38 9.4%
  • Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • CP Felipe & CP Letizia

Votes: 71 17.6%
  • The Duke & Duchess of Lugo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite couple is Philippe and Mathilde.

They come across as natural, down-to-earth, yet sophisticated couple.
Mathilde has a lovely smiling face, she's never strained or self-centered.
Philippe seems to be a bit shy, but also warm and intelligent.

My Favourite Couple Prince William AND Duchess of Cambridge :flowers:

Mary and Frederik are absolutely adorable together and I'll be devastated if they break up one day.
You can't help but admire Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's relationship, so I think overall they'd be my favourite royal couple.

William and Catherine
Mary and Frederik
Christina and Inaki

I love seeing Mary and Frederik interact with each other. There's definitely a lot of love and like there.

For me, it would be Philippe and Mathilde. They seem very loving, but in a becoming, regal way that I admire. My second would be Haakon and Mette-Marit. My image of M-M, right or wrong, is that she's someone who definitely married for love, and not out of any princess fantasy.

I'm quite surprised by results. My favorite are Philippe & Mathilde, next Queen Elizabeth & Philip, then Leticia & Felipe. :)

my favourite are Mary&Frederik, love the love between them :flowers: next must be william and cathrine

My favorite couples in order are:
Haakon and Mette-Marit
Felipe and Letizia
Willem-Alexander and Maxima
Fred and Mary

My favourite royal couple is Frederik and Mary, they seem so sweet together. :wub:

But I have other royal couples that I particularly like too:

1. HM and Prince Philip
2. William and Catherine

well, I should say no about british royals. maybe queen elizabeth was in love with philip. but philip married her for title. I am not sure but always Philip looks to me like he cheated on his wife sometime. The same title thing goes for catherine. William married her because he had to get married someone suitable for royal family. So does Charles in his first marriage. Diana seemed to kind of like him but Charles, no! real love among british royals is love of charles and camilla.

They are not on the list, maybe because he is dead but I couldn't resist Beatrix and Claus' love.

Guillaume and Stephanie. I love not only their good looks but their intelligence and purpose.

well, I should say no about british royals. maybe queen elizabeth was in love with philip. but philip married her for title. I am not sure but always Philip looks to me like he cheated on his wife sometime. The same title thing goes for catherine. William married her because he had to get married someone suitable for royal family. So does Charles in his first marriage. Diana seemed to kind of like him but Charles, no! real love among british royals is love of charles and camilla.

I think Philip definitely married her for love - he had so much to lose and he already had a title in his own right - he was afterall HRH Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark from his birth.

He didn't gain a title from his marriage - he actually had to give one up in order to marry Elizabeth and hope that his new father-in-law might give him another and he did - but not as grand as 'Prince'. That he had to wait another 10 years for.

I don't think he actually cheate on her - he enjoyed the company of pretty women but I don't think he ever bedded them.

Charles and Diana - I do think Charles loved Diana at the beginning but by the time of the wedding her realised it was a mistake. Diana I don't think ever loved Charles but loved the idea of being a Princess.

Kate also, like her late mother-in-law, married to become a Princess. I think there was some love there to being with but I am not seeing it anymore - I am seeing a frustrated William and hearing about a dominant Kate who is very much the one in charge in that relationship. If it works for them then good for them but as for them being in love - I don't see it.

Charles and Camilla has always been a love match. I do sometimes wonder who Charles would have ended up with had Mountbatten not been assassinated as I don't think Diana would have gotten a foot in the door with Mountbatten around.

Iluvbertie, I remember when Mountbatten's relative was rumored as a match for Charles. Thinking back on that, this could have been too close a genetic match, but way back then they didn't think as much about this as they do now, it would seem, although who knows what they think on that score.

Kate and William are not as practiced in the vagaries of life as Charles and Camilla.
They may smooth out and relax eventually. She is expected to put on a high and mighty show continually, dressed to the nines even while pregnant. Tension involved in that, even if it seems like fun and interesting. Must be strange to William to have a wife whose primary function is clothes horse. Not that he didn't know she liked pretty clothes before the wedding, but it got so "professional" afterwards. Remember how different Kate looked before the engagement? In her engagement photo with William she suddenly had perfect makeup, suddenly looked perfect. It's a big transition for William to suddenly have this goddess in the house.
When the baby comes there will be a new focus and maybe they can relax!

I keep seeing people saying that Mary, Marie, Kate, etc only marry their husbands because of their title. People are so cynical

My list:
Elizabeth & Philip- I think they both married for love. They haven't been married over 60 years without their ups and downs but they have managed to keep things going. There's a deep love and friendship between them. Very supportive of one another.

Charles & Diana- There was a lot of love between them in those early years of their marriage. Sadly people only seem to focus on what made their marriage fall apart but I look back on those good days. Remembering the smiles, laughter, them bringing William & Harry into the world and even taking the world by storm on their many engagements and world tours. I wish they would've worked things out and got the counseling they so desperately needed. I guess there were too many factors that were at hand for them to do what they needed to do.

I don't think their love truly died though. I think Charles remained the love of her life all they way up to the end. I think it sadden her that she couldn't get her family back to where she wanted it. I don't think Charles have bitter feelings towards Diana, even today. She gave him some happiness in those early years and she gave him William & Harry, which I think he adores and is pretty thankful for. despite everything, he continued to wear Diana's wedding band right up until he got engaged to Camilla. He has moved on and seem to be very happy with Camilla now but I don't think he will ever get over Diana's loss.

William & Catherine- They feel in love in college and they have been going on strong ever since. No, I don't think Catherine married William for his title but I think she went threw the fire because she truly love the guy. Despite the media trying to dictate his private life, I think William truly followed his heart and married who he wanted to marry and for love. I think they are also very good friends. I think friendship and love is good for a marriage. They work very well together and I must say they are a pretty handsome couple. Different from his parents where, Diana was the beauty and Charles was the one with the big ears. I don't think he's frustrated but I do think William get a bit nervous for Catherine. I think he wants everything to go okay for her on these public engagements. When they are on duty, he ask her if she's alright a lot. He also love putting his hands on her back, as if he's giving her his love, support and reassurance. He knows he have a beautiful wife and I don't think he's intimidated but allow her to shine.

Now they are getting ready to welcome their first crumb snatcher into the world. I think it's amazing to see how far they've come and I send them all may best wishes and blessings.

Last edited:
I love all the royal couples. Each couple presents a unique approach to royal life. I could never really choose just a 1 or a just a few.

From the past, my all time favorite Royal couple is Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium. They were(are) the epitome of true love...a match literally made in heaven. When Fabiola passes from this life I have no doubt that the two of them will simply pick up where they left off. :wub:

As for current Royal couples, my undisputed favorite is Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg. They are the youngest of the CP couples but seem to have it all...love, intelligence, purpose, and a sense of dignity that sets them apart and makes them seem a bit older than their years would indicate.

They remind me of a younger version of Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium, whom I also admire.

From the past, my all time favorite Royal couple is Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium. They were(are) the epitome of true love...a match literally made in heaven. When Fabiola passes from this life I have no doubt that the two of them will simply pick up where they left off. :wub:

As for current Royal couples, my undisputed favorite is Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg. They are the youngest of the CP couples but seem to have it all...love, intelligence, purpose, and a sense of dignity that sets them apart and makes them seem a bit older than their years would indicate.

They remind me of a younger version of Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium, whom I also admire.

I agree with you in regards to Guillaume andStephanie. They have a certain charm to them, along with the other qualities you listed, which makes them very appealing and approachable.

I honestly have to say my favorite couple is CP Victoria and Prince Daniel. They're such a cute couple and you can clearly see the love they have for each other.

...And of course Estelle is the cutest baby on the planet, but I digress...:lol:

My favorite is NOT LISTED! CP Victoria and P Daniel!

I love all the royal couples. Each couple presents a unique approach to royal life. I could never really choose just a 1 or a just a few.

I'm so glad someone else shares my view - almost anyway! For me the thread should be who is your current favourite royal couple, but then I have the same problem in other threads such as who is your favourite anything!

So, I think the King and Queen of Bhutam were my favourite couple last time. Now for the foreseable futire it is Willem Alexander and Maxima!!

My favourite royal couple is Frederik and Mary, they seem so sweet together. :wub:

But I have other royal couples that I particularly like too:

1. HM and Prince Philip
2. William and Catherine

I'm going to edit my post as I have changed my mind.

My favourite royal couples now are:

1. HM and Prince Philip
2. William and Catherine
3. Willem-Alexander and Maxima
4. Frederik and Mary

Regarding royals from the past, my favourite couples are:

1. Princess Lillian and Prince Bertil
2. George VI and the Queen Mother

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip - they seem to be a very united and in love couple, they look very lovely together

I'm going to edit my post as I have changed my mind.

My favourite royal couples now are:

1. HM and Prince Philip
2. William and Catherine
3. Willem-Alexander and Maxima
4. Frederik and Mary

Regarding royals from the past, my favourite couples are:

1. Princess Lillian and Prince Bertil
2. George VI and the Queen Mother

I love your avatar, Lady Louise in the snow with her teddies is the cutest thing.

My favourite Royal couple is The Earl and Countess of Wessex. I have others that I like but Edward and Sophie win for me, hands down.

I love your avatar, Lady Louise in the snow with her teddies is the cutest thing.

Thank you :). It's one of my favourite photos of Louise. I love your avatar too, that's a good photo of the Earl and Countess of Wessex. :flowers:

My favourite Royal couple is The Earl and Countess of Wessex. I have others that I like but Edward and Sophie win for me, hands down.

I like Edward and Sophie as well, I wish we could see more coverage of them. I'm looking foward into seeing pictures of them at Madeleine and Chris's wedding this summer!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom