Your Favorite Royal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennism

Majesty
City
East of the sun and west of the moon
Country
United States
Who is your favorite royal and why? Their personality? The causes they champion? Something they've done in their lives that you really admire?

Good topic Dennism... My FAVORITE royal is <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>ERNST!!!!! To me, he is very entertaining... I love his "I don't care" attitude. He's much more colorful than William or Felipe or Frederick... THAT IS MY OPINION... I don't want to start an arguement with anyone!! I like the way he seems like a bad boy such as urinating on the Turkish Pavilion but then you see pictures of him rubbing Caroline's shoulders when she was pregnant. He seems very affectionate and loving towards Caroline. He always has her laughing and he's always touching her. </span>

Attachments

• kissing.JPG
    kissing.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 663
My favourite royal is princess Martha Louise of Norway. She seems to have strong personality, she's original, has good taste and a beautiful smile. I believe she has a strong social commitment . Furthermore, she has various interests, is independent and open to people. She's simply the best! :flower:

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 507
My favorite royal is Princess Ann. She works tirelessly for her charities and gets very little credit from the public for the work she does. She has brought her children up to be well adjusted members of the community (despite having to bring them up in the spotlight of being the Queens two eldest grandchildren) and has coped with the breakdown of her first marriage and constant speculation on the state of her second.

My favourite royal is CP Mathilde, but I can't really explain why. I just prefer her above other royals.

Hmmm...favorite Royal...hard to chose, they are all so interesting in their own right.

I think, since I can't chose a favorite individual Royal, I'm going to have to say my favorite Royal family...I love the British Royals! They fascinate me, to the point I think I could be considered obsessive in many places!

Dennism,
We haven't heard from you on YOUR favorite royal....or are you not ready yet to post your selection.....still working on the fanart, poems, etc. which will accompany your paragraphs of praise for you know who.......
;)

My favorite royal is princess Mathilde of Belgium: she's sweet, beautiful and intelligent. She's a kind hearted person who's close to people, but she also had a traditional aristocratic education, and it shows: of all the new princesses she has the most class, elegance and discretion. She knows how to behave herself in any situation.

She's perfect for her country and her husband and she's got 2 beautiful children!

Last edited:
My favorites are Beatrice and Eugenie cause i think they are the future.........

lol i just like them don't know why

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 608
I love Princess Alexia of Greece. She seems very down-to-earth, and unpretentious. I also love Infanta Cristina for the same reasons. I guess it makes sense since they are good friends. Even though Crisitina does royal duties, she never looks snotty or seems as though she'd prefer to be somewhere else. They both seem like great mothers who truly love their families.

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 2:05 pm
Dennism,
We haven't heard from you on YOUR favorite royal....or are you not ready yet to post your selection.....still working on the fanart, poems, etc. which will accompany your paragraphs of praise for you know who.......
;)
:lol: ...you just need to look in the swedish-Royals-section and you get an answer to your question ;)

Since I became a member of this wonderful site I have learned a lot about a lot of Royal families other than Queen Libby and her clan in England. I am amazed at the information everyone has on the Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch royal families. I am really somewhat embaressed by my own ignorance but I'm learning!

Having said that :p my favorite royal of all time remains Princess Diana for her style, wit, and humanity. The two Swedish princesses are rapidly becoming my favorites as I learn more about them.

my favorite royal (still living), is Princess/Queen Juliana of The Netherlands, for her warmth, kindness, hard work, openess and genuine interest for all those years.....since 1909 she had a very hard time, being the sole heir to the dutch monarchy, but she behaved magnificently! ....A pity that she is not in good health :-(....another favorite of mine recently died, the late countess of paris, born Princess Isabelle of Orleans-Braganca...

Well, this is my 2,000th post and I've been stuck on answering this question for several days. I know that words will fail to express fully the admiration and affection that I feel for the Crown Princess of Sweden. But I'll try nonetheless. While she has had a life of comforts and wealth unimaginable to most of us, that hasn't erased the problems in her life. But these problems haven't stopped her at all from being an excellent representative for the family in particular and for Sweden as a whole. That being said, the moments that struck me as the most amazing were her interactions with the youngest of humans. Whether in Delaware or near the lake that bears her name, her affection for children shines through and we can all strive to give joy to children like the joy that I saw on the faces of those who met the Crown Princess.

Whether it is stepping on the foot of a fellow royal or giving an intrusive camera a look of annoyance, these moments endear me to this woman who appears to be perfect at times but who is just as human as the rest of us. Not totally like the rest of us. But what words of dislike have we heard about the personality of the Crown Princess? Who has spoken, save the fourth estate, words of dislike about her personally? Who has complained that she wasn't nice or stuck-up or rude? While people may not like her personality and compared to many famous people, she is not as flashy or wild, what harsh words have people said about her? Her lack of flash and wildness endears her to me. But that's just me. Others may feel that way. Some may pinpoint that to be the reason why she doesn't appeal to him or her but that's okay with me. I understand. She isn't everybody's cup of tea. But I like her for all of this and so much more. I like her for her grace, cheerfulness, warmth of heart, smile, laughter, strength, charm and everything else that makes up who she is.

Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 6th, 2004 - 3:05 pm
Well, this is my 2,000th post and I've been stuck on answering this question for several days. I know that words will fail to express fully the admiration and affection that I feel for the Crown Princess of Sweden. But I'll try nonetheless. While she has had a life of comforts and wealth unimaginable to most of us, that hasn't erased the problems in her life. But these problems haven't stopped her at all from being an excellent representative for the family in particular and for Sweden as a whole. That being said, the moments that struck me as the most amazing were her interactions with the youngest of humans. Whether in Delaware or near the lake that bears her name, her affection for children shines through and we can all strive to give joy to children like the joy that I saw on the faces of those who met the Crown Princess.

Whether it is stepping on the foot of a fellow royal or giving an intrusive camera a look of annoyance, these moments endear me to this woman who appears to be perfect at times but who is just as human as the rest of us. Not totally like the rest of us. But what words of dislike have we heard about the personality of the Crown Princess? Who has spoken, save the fourth estate, words of dislike about her personally? Who has complained that she wasn't nice or stuck-up or rude? While people may not like her personality and compared to many famous people, she is not as flashy or wild, what harsh words have people said about her? Her lack of flash and wildness endears her to me. But that's just me. Others may feel that way. Some may pinpoint that to be the reason why she doesn't appeal to him or her but that's okay with me. I understand. She isn't everybody's cup of tea. But I like her for all of this and so much more. I like her for her grace, cheerfulness, warmth of heart, smile, laughter, strength, charm and everything else that makes up who she is.
Well, I think she's great too!! I don't have a favourite royal per se, as I don't follow royalty and more into monarchy and history as opposed to individual royals). Still, even I would say she is one of my favourite people, basically for the reasons elucidated in your post.

From what I've seen and know of her, she is everything I would want in a leader, a friend, and/or a daughter.

Sean.~

Princess Diana because she was mostly famous Royalty in Britain than Sophie and Anne, Sarah, Duchess of York.

Sara Boyce

Hard question. I don't think I have a favorite, I'm more about facts, history, etc... than favorites.

I like Mette-Marit, for the way she has adapted to her new role and Haakon for daring to challenge conventions. But I wouldn't say they're my favorites. Neither is Princess Anne, whom I like because she seems so sensible and works hard.

I like Ducth Royal Family, all princes have suitable, charming and highly educated spouses.

Wisnu

Originally posted by laskaris@Jan 24th, 2004 - 6:25 pm
:blush:  I like The Greek Royal Family all the way!!
I like the Danish Royal Family also all the way from Skagen to Krusaa and from Esbjerg to Helsingør :blush: :blush: :blush:
Yes i am a Dane and i am prude of it
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

1. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
2. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
3. Princess Alexia of Greece
4. Infanta Cristina of Spain
5. Princess Martha Louise of Norway
6. Princess Mathilde of Belgium
7. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
8. Prince Amedeo of Belgium *soooo hot!*
9. Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

Last edited:
I have more than one favorite royal. My favorites are Queen Margrethe, and Alexandra of Denmark. Queen Margrethe because she seems so funny and down to earth and she knows what the people want and how they feel. I think that's why a lot of people like her.
Princess Alexandra is my fravorite, favorite royal. I thought when she married Joachim, everyone like her. But i found out that many people were against her, because she is Asian. I’m sure, waking up reading the paper's and it saying why did her marry a yellow and since Joachim married a yellow Fred should marry a lack women, and even the P.M making a racial joke about her, must of made her feel unwanted in Denmark, and like why am I trying so hard to learn the culture and they don’t like me was very hard for her. But everyone closed their mouths after seeing how much she's done for Denmark. She has done much for children and women in Denmark. This is why she is my favorite, favorite royal.

I like M-M for the same reasons as Alexandra everyone was against her too, but she proved them wrong. Plus she had her son to think about. I’m sure she was thinking is this right of me to put him into a public life. And her father hasn’t been the most helpful person to her. I also like Maxima. I don’t know what it is about her, it seems she doesn’t have a lot of official duties for a crown princess. I mean she only work 100 hours and had 29 vacations.

My favorites are the British Royals with Queen Elizabeth II as it's head. I love the fact that HM is so dutiful at Her job and hasn't missed a beat for the 52 years (Feb.) She has been doing it.

Personally, Queen Silvia of Sweden is my favorite royal. She is so classy and elegant. I also think that she looks like a wonderful wife and mother to her family and that really endears her to me...plus how many 60 year-olds look as good as she does?!!!

Hi!I'm new here.I"m attracted to tis forum while seaching about princess alexandra of denmark.I find her impressive n really great as a princess.She copes very well v her royal status despite the fact tat she isn't from european country n manage to win over the hearts of her subjects.She's intelligent,well-manered,elegant n charming lady who really fits th bill to be a princess. :rolleyes: She is indeed a good ambasasdor for denmark too! :heart: :woot:

Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain is my favorite. She has done a tremendous job representing her country for all of her 77 years and is truly an admirable world leader. She could take it easy but puts in many public appearances and tours every year.

I think the Queen has handled her children (including Fergie and Diana) very well.
Her family has done some regrettable things which must have embarrassed and angered her, and all of this on the world stage. She seems to be a fair, even-tempered person, devoted to the good of her country.

I think her grandson William will be her greatest legacy. I think he is already showing himself to be an exceptional young man.

----

I also have about 15 other "favorites" - the European princesses who I look up to.

Realmente mis favoritos son los Duques de Palma, la infanta Cristina y su marido, Iñaki Urdangarín, así como sus niños. Son verdaderamente encantardores y amables. Y los niños preciosos.

Attachments

• act_reina_nietos3b.jpg
    act_reina_nietos3b.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 245
Hola, mariagz. Espero que usted goce de su tiempo aquí en el foro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom