Why Are The Windsors More Popular Than Other Royal Families?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, if you really don't care about the BRF than why all the comments?

The continent can do whatever it is they do and the British will get on with our lives

Again it is always a one-sided thread, Europe whines about not getting enough respect and that HM 'only' sends Sophie and Edward to weddings.

More than most European countries deserve, IMO

And I just want to add, it seems to be the indifference factor that bothers continental royals.
Be proud of your royals be all means but don't expect anyone outside of Europe to really care.
Then why are you here? You obviously don't care.

I think it's partly a historical thing. Just before the First World War broke out, the "Great Powers" were Britain, France, Russia, Germany (i.e. Prussia for royal family purposes!) and Austria-Hungary, so the royal families of those countries attracted the most interest, at the time at which gossipy newspapers and magazines were getting going. France had been a republic since 1871 (and at various points before then!) and the monarchies of the other countries didn't survive the war. That just left the British monarchy, and I think the current interest partly goes back to that.

Empress Merel: because the thread is why our (BRF) Royal Family is so popular. Maybe it should be renamed to 'Why are the continental royals so unpopular?' ;)

Last edited:
Empress Merel: because the thread is why our (BRF) Royal Family is so popular. Maybe it should be renamed to 'Why are the continental royals so unpopular?' ;)

Duke of Earl, I'm getting pretty fed up with you.

You have no qualms about showing blatant disrespect for and dismissing other royal families and trampling on the feelings other people have for their royal families.
Yet, when the BRF come under attact, justified or not, you whine and sulk like a child.

Try lead by example and cut down on your inflammatory posts. Your are hardly helping the BRF.

Duke of Earl, I'm getting pretty fed up with you.

You have no qualms about showing blatant disrespect for and dismissing other royal families and trampling on the feelings other people have for their royal families.
Yet, when the BRF come under attact, justified or not, you whine and sulk like a child.

Try lead by example and cut down on your inflammatory posts. Your are hardly helping the BRF.

Muhler do you want me to start reposting all the comments disrespecting the BRF??
It works both ways my friend/ and I'm fed up with you.

Empress Merel's comment speaks for itself

And again I will add, the title of the thread is 'Why the Windsors are more popular then other Royal Families' and I like many others have given my opinion as to why they are more popular.

Last edited:
Guy's, cool down? This means nothing in the grand scheme of life. Christmas is in 5 Days, enjoy it.

Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom