Who's the nicest Royal Mother in Law?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the nicest royal Mother-in-Law?

• Queen Paola of Belgium

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Empress Michiko of Japan

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Queen Margrethe of Denmark

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • Queen Noor of Jordan

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • Princess Marie of Liechtenstein

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Queen Sabika of Bahrain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Queen Sofía of Spain

Votes: 88 27.1%
  • Queen Sonja of Norway

Votes: 30 9.2%
  • Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg

Votes: 21 6.5%
  • Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Votes: 76 23.4%
  • Queen Anne-Marie of Greece

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Queen Anne of Romania

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Queen Saleha of Brunei

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia, Queen Sonja, Queen Beatrix

I voted for Q.Beatrix but id also include Queen Sofia and Queen Sonja, they all seem to have a great relationship with their daughter in laws and you could clearly see it when theyre together.

Little_star said:
Although Sofia's a popular choice she strikes me as being quite a demanding mother-in-law, particularly so far as her son is concerned. Her and Felipe areincredibly close and I copuld see how that might be quite difficult for Letizia.

Thats true about sofia, though she does seem to have a close connection with Letizia. Its sometimes difficult when your married to the only son, yes it would be difficult on the wife.

Thanks for adding the poll. I had stated my choice of Queen Sofia before it was added.:flowers:

I wish my mother-in-law was royal, I would nominate her. :angel:
She is wonderful.

without doubt, Queen Bea is the best mother in law. I think she's very warm in person. And i believe that she is a very sincere lady. But i also think Queen Sofia is a good mother in law.

Just a lil correction, Pengiran Anak Saleha is her title before she become queen. Now her title is Raja Isteri or simply Queen Saleha of Brunei.

Queen Beatrix does seem wonderful person all around.

Thumbs up for Queen Sofia. She is very close with all her in-laws.

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein are my favorite royals bar none but I have only seen pictures of Princess Marie interact with Princess Sophie. They always seem to be laughing and joking about something which is great to see. I just don't see her being the same way with Princess Angela. The two of them sat next to one another last National Day and there seemed to be no interaction whatsoever. I thought, how strange. But...JMO.

Henri M.,
Pretty good agrument!:flowers: Nice pics.

I had to vote for Queen Beatrix but Queen Sofia comes a close second.
Those pictures of the Queen leaving hospital with Laurentien and Maxima were really touching
Beatrix sister Margriet also seems to be a wonderful mother-in-law

Last edited:
I voted for Queen Sofia. She and Letizia seem to very close and it seems as if they have a good time together. I also think that she is close with her son inlaws.

I also think that Beatrix seems to be very good with her sons wives. She always appears to be happy when we see them together and it appears that they have a great deal of fun together.

I think that Sonja has done a wonderful job supporting Mette-Marit. Before she even became a mother in law, when the press was talking about Mette-Marit's past, I think that she was very supportive of Mette.

I think Queen Beatrix is the nicest mother in law as well as Queen Sofia and Maria Theresa. She seems to love all her daughter's in law.

banda_windsor said:
Just a lil correction, Pengiran Anak Saleha is her title before she become queen. Now her title is Raja Isteri or simply Queen Saleha of Brunei.

Thanks banda_windsor. I fixed the mistake :blush:

i think queen margerethe of denmark is the nicest royal mother in law she just seems to have a sense of humor and whole heartedly love everyone you can just see it in her face. Soo she got my vote.

Difficult poll to just choose one.Obviously I rank my own QB at the top since she deserves to be there,besothed as she is with her sons,daughters-in-law not to mention her grandchildren.:wub:

But to choose just her wouldn't be fair to all others,for instance i think QM II is underrated here concerning her relationship with Mary which I think is a strong,supporting and loving one.

Sonja and Mette-Marit,another example of warm interaction.

Sofia and Letizia,Sofia supports and warmly cares,Letizia simply loves her,and their emotions are valid not just with camera's around.

Maria Teresa,a warm and open mother-in-law,no doubt about that.

Michiko and Masako,both born as "commoners",both suffering from court/IHA pressure,Michiko does what she can to support Masako,being an understanding mother-in-law,something she lacked when she married the now Emperor as her mother in law,the late Empress Nagako,was a ferocious,manipulating nasty character,(best compared to the likes of Empress Tsu Tsi of China),who did everything in her ( great) power to make life as miserable as possible to young Michiko.

lucien said:
the late Empress Nagako,was a ferocious,manipulating nasty character,(best compared to the likes of Empress Tsu Tsi of China),who did everything in her ( great) power to make life as miserable as possible to young Michiko.

i don't think it's fair to compare the late Empress Nagako to Tsu Tsi. Dowager Empress Tsu Tsi was a very cruel women. She don't make her daughter in law miserable, but she made everyone miserable. She even killed one of her daughter in law. Empress Nagako wasn't that bad.

I chose Beatrix. She seems so loving to her entire family and looks truly happy when she is surrounded by them.

I voted for Sofia.

Margrethe seems pretty awful, frankly. I've heard she was a cold and distant mother to her sons and I doubt things would be any different with her daughters-in-law. Plus there are few if any photos that show a warm rapport between her and Mary--or her and Alexandra, for that matter. Really, there are very few photos of them interacting at all. I wouldn't want her for a mother-in-law!

Tinika said:
I voted for Sofia.

Margrethe seems pretty awful, frankly. I've heard she was a cold and distant mother to her sons and I doubt things would be any different with her daughters-in-law. Plus there are few if any photos that show a warm rapport between her and Mary--or her and Alexandra, for that matter. Really, there are very few photos of them interacting at all. I wouldn't want her for a mother-in-law!
Calling Margrethe pretty awful is over the top IMO. True, she is not one to show feelings in public - she never was and that is widely known.
I don't doubt that she genuinely likes Mary; in her own awkward ways she has demonstrated that IMO. And one big plus in her favour: she has been more than decent in her treatment of her ex-D-I-L. If Margrethe was such an awful person, I doubt Alexandra would have stayed at Amalienborg after the divorce become public and before she moved into her new luxury home.

Beatrix seems very close to Maxima. I love how she has her arm tigiht around her waist in this picture: Beatrix-Maxima

The Queen Sofia seems for me the most fantastic mother in law for ALL her in-laws. I'm totally unable to say if she prefere Jaime, Iñaki or Letizia, I think as she is a very open minded person is can find in every body the qualities to put ahaed. As to for her the main thing is the happyness of her children, she is very fantastic with her in-laws to help them in this strange area that is the royal spain house. Look how she is very friendly with Jaime,is very near of Iñaki, very hepful and complice with Letizia. For each of them she has a particular behaviour but the same tenderness.:flowers: :flowers: What an exceptionnal woman!

I voted for Sofia too. She's wonderful.

coco said:
I voted for Sofia too. She's wonderful.

Yes, sofía is wonderful:wub:! ..Good mother...good grandmother...good mother-in-law...good QUEEN!!!

Tinika said:
I voted for Sofia.

Well i don't think she was cold to them. If you see some of the t.v. shows and then photos they look like a loving and supportive family. Also you have to keep in mind she is a queen of a country and she has been for a very long time. And what comes with that is all the protocol,speeches,appearances etc...etc...
So i dont think she is awful. Because it must be difficult to get up in the morning run a country at the same time taking care of children and being a wife and a rolemodel. Or atleast i would think it would be for me.

We can't pick two or three cases, so I voted for Queen Beatrix, but Queen Sofia of Spain is a wonderful mother in law too, and Queen Margrethe of Denmark seems to be excellent too...I'm a little against classify people like this. Different Queens must have different personalities, and necesarily different relationships to their in-laws. So, why to pick just one? :ermm:

Vanesa.

Other Mother

Here I go off on a tangent again. Many of the women listed seem to be wonderful mothers as well as mothers-in-law. For all the reasons given I agree about Sofia, but I have to remember the problems she gave Felipe early on with some of his choices in potential wives...restrictions that seemed to loosen a decade later.

Even before reading the choices, however, I would have to submit Princess Margriet for consideration. She has always seemed to be such an outgoing, positive person with strong relationship with all five of the men in her family. In addition, she seems to sincerely enjoy the company of all of her daughters-in-law. They all seem very suited to one another.

Mapper

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
...For all the reasons given I agree about Sofia, but I have to remember the problems she gave Felipe early on with some of his choices in potential wives...restrictions that seemed to loosen a decade later...

Hey, maybe Queen Sofia was weeding out the riff-raff. Look at the gem she got in Letizia.

I wish I knew more on the many other ladies listed but I voted for Queen Sofia, followed by Queen Margrethe. It's because they are the ones I read about the most on their relationship with their son's wives.

ps. don't leave out the Queen of Thailand! I'll make her my number 3 choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom