Who Produced The Most Children?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Chulalongkorn(Rama V) of Thailand was a rather active fellow...He had 92 concubines. Of the 77 children:eek: that were produced, 33 were sons and 44 were daughters. Princess Dara Rassamee(his only wife) bore the King one child, a daughter who died tragically at the age of three.

Sorry to pull up such an old post but Princess Dara was not the king's only wife. She was at some point elevated to Princess Consort by the king and became his 5th official consort. His other 4 official consorts all had the title of queen(except his 3rd consort Queen Savang Vadhana who was called queen but considered a princess consort). These four other consorts were also all his half sisters.

A contemporary noble woman who has most children is I think, Countess Elisabeth of Stolberg-Stolberg, nee Countess Montecuccoli-Laderchi (b.15 September 1962), married to Count Christoph of Stolberg-Stolberg (b.15 June 1960)
Her children are:
Maximilian (b.18 May 1988)
Sebastian (b.18 January 1990)
Bernadette (b.22 April 1991)
Theresia (b.2 October 1992)
Barbara (b.8 July 1994 - d.24 October 1994)
Elisabeth (b.29 December 1996)
Georg (b.18 April 2000)
Ferdinand (b.20 July 2003)
Friedrich-Leopold (b.3 July 2005)
Marguerite-Marie (b. summer 2009)

Source: Stolberg
www.nettyroyal.nl (last child's birth: section Genealogical News 2009)

Infanta Luisa Fernanda of Spain, Duchess of Montpensier had nine children.

Are we counting Royals whose culture allowed children by other wives and concubines, such as in Siam? In England I think one of the most "fertile" kings was Edward I with his first wife Eleanor, they had about 16 children together....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom