Who Produced The Most Children?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we talk about the royals of today i can come up with these

Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz 5 children
Amedeo
Maria Laura
Joachim
Luisa Maria
Laetitia Maria

Grand Duke Henri & grand duchess Maria Teresa 5 children
Guillaume
Félix
Louis
Alexandra
Sebastien

does the greek family count

King Constantine & Queen Anne Marie 5 children
Alexia(
Pavlos
Nikolaos
Theodora
Philippos

Maxie said:
Thanks for explaining his productivity, Dennism. It's very interesting to see how it worked in those days. Though I find it quite bizarre when you get to think of it. So many children! And that age difference! :eek:

You're welcome. Since it appears to be a marriage of strategy, I wonder why they didn't at least have more children. I guess she was too upset after the death of her only child. She was quite popular and did a lot for the country and she helped to raise his other children. But I'm sure there was love between them. She was his favorite.

elenaris said:
there were 3 pregancies, from which one only "succeeded"

really! i'd never heard there were 3.

there was Elizabeth,there was the boy who still born, and then...a miscarriage?

at what point did pregnancy #3 take place?

pollyemma said:
really! i'd never heard there were 3.

there was Elizabeth,there was the boy who still born, and then...a miscarriage?

at what point did pregnancy #3 take place?

Here talks about 3 pregnancies 1533, 1534, 1536
http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=pl;i=74843

And here that she could be pregnant but miscarriage in 1532 and three other
http://englishhistory.net/tudor/monarchs/boleyn.html

From this site:
"It is believed that her elevation to the peerage marked the physical consummation of Anne and Henry's relationship. She would give birth to Elizabeth just a year later, and there were rumors of a secret marriage in late 1532. It is possible that she became pregnant after just a few months and a second, legitimate wedding became a necessity.
She entered confinement for the birth of her first child on 26 August 1533. The child was born on 7 September 1533. The physicians and astrologers had been mistaken; it was not a prince. But the healthy baby girl called Elizabeth was not the disappointment most assumed[...]
At any rate, she was definitely pregnant again in April 1534. [...]His extra attention to Anne did not help her health. In September 1534, she miscarried a six-month-old fetus; it was old enough for features to be discerned - it was a boy.[...]
But Anne had one last chance, and in June 1535, became pregnant again. She lost that child as well, in January 1536; she was reported to have said, 'I have miscarried of my savior.' [...]"

Greets:)

I am still waiting for the answer who is the present day number one Royal Female?

I vote for Eleanor de Castilla wife of Edward I - 20 children. After her Maria Karolina wife of Ferdinand I king of Two Sicile - 18.

Present maybe it was Isabelle countes of Paris(1911-2003) - 11? After her maybe her daughter Diane herzogin von Wurttemberg - 6?:confused:

Royal Unicorn said:
I am still waiting for the answer who is the present day number one Royal Female?

this is what i came up with - is there any precent female royal that have 6 children

if we talk about the royals of today i can come up with these

Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz 5 children
Amedeo
Maria Laura
Joachim
Luisa Maria
Laetitia Maria

Grand Duke Henri & grand duchess Maria Teresa 5 children
Guillaume
Félix
Louis
Alexandra
Sebastien

does the greek family count

King Constantine & Queen Anne Marie 5 children
Alexia(
Pavlos
Nikolaos
Theodora
Philippos

how many children did King Hussein of Jordan have?

I can name:
Abdullah
Haya
Ali
Hamzeh
Iman
Raiyah

that's 5. I'm sure there are more...

All children:
with Dina bint Abdelhamid - Alia
with Antoinette Gardner/ Muna - Abdullah, Feisal, Zein, Aisha
with Alia Toukan - Haya, Ali (and adopted Abeer)
with Lisa Halaby/ Noor - Hamzah, Hashim, Iman, Raiyah

11 children and one adopted

magnik said:
All children:
with Dina bint Abdelhamid - Alia
with Antoinette Gardner/ Muna - Abdullah, Feisal, Zein, Aisha
with Alia Toukan - Haya, Ali (and adopted Abeer)
with Lisa Halaby/ Noor - Hamzah, Hashim, Iman, Raiyah

11 children and one adopted

thanks so much!

Ok, I think Hussein holds the record. (multiple wives help a lot in this area)

pollyemma said:
Ok, I think Hussein holds the record. (multiple wives help a lot in this area)

Yes, in men category (who lived in our times:confused: ).

In women "category", I think Isabel, comtess de Paris (1911 - 2003) holds the record. With comte de Paris - she have got, like King Hussein 11 children.

is there any precent female royal that have 6 children?
Yes it is, Princess Tatiana of Liechtenstein has 6 children in total:
Lukas-Maria (2000)
Elizabeth (2002)
Maria-Teresa (2004)
Camilla (2005)
Anna (2007)
Sophie (2009)

Queen Saleha of Brunei has six:
Rashida (1969, married, five children)
Wakilla (1971, unmarried)
Al-Mukhtadee (1974, married, one child)
Majida (1976, married, two children)
Hafeeza (1980, unmarried)
Abdul-Malik (1983, unmarried)

Sheikha Mozah of Qatar also has six:
Jassim
Tamim
Joaan
Khalifa
Mohammed
Al-Mayassa
Hind

First wife of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikha Maryam has eight:
Aisha
Mishaal
Fahad
Hessa
Sara
Rouda
Fatima
Mashael

And his third wife, Sheikha Noora has nine:
Khalid
Abdullah
Al-Anood
Lulwa
Dana
Al-Qaaqaa
Maha
Thani
Maryam

But the record belongs to Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum al-Maktoum, main wife of the Emir of Dubai, who has a full dozen:
Hessa (1980)
Rashid (1981)
Hamdan (1982)
Maktoum (1984)
Ahmed (1987)
Saeed (1988)
Latifa (1989)
Maryam (1991)
Sheikha (1992)
Fatima (1993)
Salamah (1999)
Shamma (2001)

Yes it is, Princess Tatiana of Liechtenstein has 6 children in
But the record belongs to Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum al-Maktoum, main wife of the Emir of Dubai, who has a full dozen:
Hessa (1980)
Rashid (1981)
Hamdan (1982)
Maktoum (1984)
Ahmed (1987)
Saeed (1988)
Latifa (1989)
Maryam (1991)
Sheikha (1992)
Fatima (1993)
Salamah (1999)
Shamma (2001)

That's 21 year between the first child and the last! :ohmy:
Well, at least they can help raise their siblings.

For a royal, I'd say Eleanor of Castile's 16 (according to Wiki) with Edward I. Empress Maria Theresa of Austria also had 16 children. Charlotte of Mecklenburg might be the runner-up with 15.

(For anyone, it's the wife of a Russian peasant named Feodor Vassilyev. She kept having sets of twins, triplets, and even quadruplets, to finish with some 69 (yes, sixty-nine) children spread out over 27 births!)

wow. that is a lot of children. don't know how people do it. I've always said that 5 is my number but 69?! God bless them!

I don't know how they did it, either, especially since they were peasants in an essentially Medieval society (peasants in the days of Catherine the Great).

For a royal, I'd say Eleanor of Castile's 16 (according to Wiki) with Edward I. Empress Maria Theresa of Austria also had 16 children. Charlotte of Mecklenburg might be the runner-up with 15.

Queen Maria Carolina of Naples had 18! Is she the record-woman in european royalty?

Oh! Then it may very well be her. To be certain, someone might have to go through the queen lists on Wiki and check off each woman. If I have some spare time, that's the sort of thing that would be up my alley.

Here's the link to Maria Carolina's children: Maria Carolina of Austria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first child was in 1772, the last in 1793. The eldest daughter's first child was 1791, meaning Maria Carolina's last two children were an uncle and aunt from birth.

(Maria Carolina was also the sister of Marie Antoinette. Their mother, Maria Theresa, had 16 children; between mother and daughter, that's 34 children from two women.)

What about the late Duke Roberto I of Parma? 24 kids from his two wives, 12 from each wife.
His eldest child, a daughter, was born in 1870, and the youngest, a son, was born 35 years later, in 1905; when this son was born, Roberto was already grandfather of 5 grandchildren.

CP Pavlos and CP Marie-Chantal of Greece also have quite a few kids;
Princess Maria Olympia (1996)
Prince Constantine Alexios (1998)
Prince Achileas Andreas (2000)
Prince Odysseas-Kimon (2004)
Prince Aristidis Stavros (2008)

Which Royal woman had many children and all survived to adulthood?

Queen Victoria?

I believe empress Maria theresa of Austria and emperor Francis of Lorraine had 15 children! I believe that to be too much and most survived like the famous archduchess Marie Antoinia josepha Johanna who became to be better known as Queen Marie Antoinette of France.

Current European record belongs to Princess Tatiana of Liechtenstein who has now seven children.

I believe empress Maria theresa of Austria and emperor Francis of Lorraine had 15 children! I believe that to be too much and most survived like the famous archduchess Marie Antoinia josepha Johanna who became to be better known as Queen Marie Antoinette of France.

Franz I and Maria Theresa had 16 children together; 10 of them survived and reached adulthood, 3 died in early childhood and 3 died as teenagers.

He was the crown prince depicted in Anna and the King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom