Who Is The Most Professional Queen?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?

• Elizabeth II

Votes: 143 43.1%
  • Margrethe II

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • Beatrix

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • Sofia

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • Sonja

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Silvia

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Paola

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Rania

Votes: 24 7.2%
  • Anne-Marie

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other, please specify in post

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MargreteI said:
That is an impossible question, because you would have to know how well each of them fill out their role in their society.
Exactly MargreteI! If I should vote in this one I would have to vote for the only one I would really know anything about - which is my own queen, Margrethe II (***which would of course also be an excellent choice...****);)

lisamaria said:
But when I hear or read the word "Queen" the person I automatically think of is QEII. Also, I have noticed that the media most often refers to her with the simple word Queen, while with all the others, including Margarethe and Beatrix, the first name is added as an examplatory bit of sorts :flowers:.
I think that depends which media make the reference; in the monarchy where I live, the queen is always our own queen, Margrethe II. I would expect the same goes for the Dutch, Swedes, Norwegians etc. While I don't want to underestimate the significance of QEII, there are three queens in Scandinavia alone, and I think the Scandinavian queens have a more prominent place in the media in this region than QEII so where I live, she is always referred to as QMII of England in the same way that reference is made to queen Silvia of Sweden, queen Sonja of Norway, etc.

I'm sorry, but a lady in a tiara should not be dragging on a cigarette or let it dangle from her expensively lipsticked mouth...I won't mention names...

Sorry?? Are you referring to QMII since I just mentioned her (and since you mention a cigarette...).
Does smoking have anything to do with how a person does his or her job? Granted, it can be a nasty personal habit but apart from that....??

Let's stick to the topic- the most professional Queen. All of these Queen's (with the exception of Rania) are of a different generation and to younger generations things that may be "taboo" or scandalous now were perfectly acceptable just a few years ago.

Thank you

Royal Chit Chat Moderators

Last edited:
Undoubtedly QEII, as much as I admire some of the other Monarchs, not one of them has the same level of respect or experience.

As Queen of 16 realms with 130 million people and Head of the Commonwealth with over a billion people I don't think any other monarch has the work Queen Elizabeth has. She has constitutional work to do - every day she has to deal with official papers from all her realms and has meetings every week with her Prime Minister. Harold Wilson explained succintly how good a monarch she is- he was shocked about his lack of information that she expected him to discuss with her so he spent several hours each week after that first visit to ensure his ability to deal with the political and constitutional discussion.

She has been Queen for nearly 55 years and has given birth to 4 children also- 2 whilst being a reigning monarch. Every country has citizens that obviously admire their own monarchs but I can't see any comparision between being a queen of a small country and that of the largest monarchy in the world.

Queen Rania al Abdallah of Jordan, by some posters labelled as 'the most professional Queen' (unfortunately without valid and backing arguments to state it) has made by far the poorest performance I have ever seen on a state visit, no matter it was by a Queen or a First Lady.

These days we can see a lot of pictures and images in the media on the Jordanian royal couple. It is that the reporter says that the skinny long-haired lady with the trousers and the shopping bag really was The Queen of Jordan. I would not have believed it otherwise.

:wacko:

Henri M. said:
Queen Rania al Abdallah of Jordan, by some posters labelled as 'the most professional Queen' (unfortunately without valid and backing arguments to state it) has made by far the poorest performance I have ever seen on a state visit, no matter it was by a Queen or a First Lady.

These days we can see a lot of pictures and images in the media on the Jordanian royal couple. It is that the reporter says that the skinny long-haired lady with the trousers and the shopping bag really was The Queen of Jordan. I would not have believed it otherwise.

:wacko:
Henri, she was on a CNN discussion programme with other famous guests including Bill Clinton just recently and she was amazing- so articulate; no problems with her speech- no mumbling, poor syntax or grammar even in her second language and her opinions were very valid and intelligent too. Hence I can see why some would want to vote for her

juliana said:
Henri, she was on a CNN discussion programme with other famous guests including Bill Clinton just recently and she was amazing- so articulate; no problems with her speech- no mumbling, poor syntax or grammar even in her second language and her opinions were very valid and intelligent too. Hence I can see why some would want to vote for her

Then we need a definition of 'a professional Queen'.

I see people nominating her 'because she is always so gentle and sweet' or 'because she is always so well-dressed'. In my option a professional Queen manages the businesses and the properties of the House, gives outlines to the Household (in Queen Beatrix' case some 800 persons, in Queen Elizabeth's case probably more), is sharp on an impeccable and smooth functioning of state occasions, enforces all her (political) privileges to be respected to the maximum.

Queen Rania. No. I'm sorry.
Nice puppet. Good figure for the catwalk.
No Queen.

Henri M. said:

I see people nominating her 'because she is always so gentle and sweet' or 'because she is always so well-dressed'. In my option a professional Queen manages the businesses and the properties of the House, gives outlines to the Household (in Queen Beatrix' case some 800 persons, in Queen Elizabeth's case probably more), is sharp on an impeccable and smooth functioning of state occasions, enforces all her (political) privileges to be respected to the maximum.

No Queen.

It is important to remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You don't have to agree with it...just respect their right to Have it.

I have to agree with Henri M I always think that she Behaves like Celebrity not a queen.

shrifia said:
I have to agree with Henri M I always think that she Behaves like Celebrity not a queen.

And that's the best thing about the forum...you and Henri are entitled to your opinion...just as Juliana is to hers.:flowers:

I think the term "professional" is subjective and I loathe to compare the Queens (just my personal opinion) because its really apples and oranges and all royal households operate differently.

Henri M. said:

No Queen.

Her showing up for the state visit in the Netherlands despite her pains by her broken ankle indicates professionalism.

Veram98 said:
Her showing up for the state visit in the Netherlands despite her pains by her broken ankle indicates professionalism.
Exactly! It's easy to criticise her wardobe/appearance on this trip and personally I don't think she looks half as bad as some people are making out but at least she turned up.

She could have very easily skipped it and stayed at home allowing her husband to take centre stage but she didn't. That demonstrates a great deal of professionalism and commitment to her role, imo.

Lady Bluffton said:
I'm sorry, but a lady in a tiara should not be dragging on a cigarette or let it dangle from her expensively lipsticked mouth...I won't mention names...

From recent reports, we won't see anymore QMII smoking in public. Much more professional IMHO.:rolleyes:

I have to say that all the queens are impressive, devoted to their duty and their people. They're all real role models!

juliana said:
Every country has citizens that obviously admire their own monarchs but I can't see any comparision between being a queen of a small country and that of the largest monarchy in the world.

Japan is the largest monarchy in the world with over 130million people. As you say the Commonwealth is 16 monarchies but at least 4 of those have their own monarch and some member countries are republics so you can't count it as one monarchy.

Last edited:
I would say Queen Elizabeth II. She lives and breathes the job.

Considering the head start she has in years as Queen, there would be something very wrong if it were not Elizabeth II.:)

In all the years she has been Queen I do not think she has ever put a foot wrong once.

May she reign for a few more years yet.

Iain said:
Japan is the largest monarchy in the world with over 130million people. As you say the Commonwealth is 16 monarchies but at least 4 of those have their own monarch and some member countries are republics so you can't count it as one monarchy.
The Commonwealth has 53 member states of which 16 are sovereign nations and their Queen is Elizabeth. The combined population of the sovereign states is about the same as Japan- both just under 130 million. So, I don't understand your point. Elizabeth deals with her 16 sovereign nations and still has plenty of contact with the other 37 states. Japan has er, Japan- oops only one country:lol:.The British Monarch is the hardest working and a fine example for all royals everywhere.

Elizabeth II for heaven sake... she's a queen for more than 50 years... but I also think Rania is a very professional as a queen...

juliana said:
The Commonwealth has 53 member states of which 16 are sovereign nations and their Queen is Elizabeth. The combined population of the sovereign states is about the same as Japan- both just under 130 million. So, I don't understand your point. Elizabeth deals with her 16 sovereign nations and still has plenty of contact with the other 37 states. Japan has er, Japan- oops only one country:lol:.The British Monarch is the hardest working and a fine example for all royals everywhere.

The point I was making is that the commonwealth is not one monarchy. Of the commonwealth countries that are monarchies some have their own monarch and the remainder share the same monarch but are seperate countries and cannot be regarded as one monarchy. As for Japan, what difference does it make if it is only one country?

The point I was making is that the commonwealth is not one monarchy. Of the commonwealth countries that are monarchies some have their own monarch and the remainder share the same monarch but are seperate countries and cannot be regarded as one monarchy. As for Japan, what difference does it make if it is only one country?

Perhaps it depends on the Monarch's state of mind. (As soon as I typed that I thought of insantiy, but that's not what I meant! lol)

From different biographies that I have read QEII seems to think about the UK and her Commenwealth as "one big family" So perhaps she kinda views it as one large monarchy, with many "sub families" I'm not claiming that I know what she thinks, I'm just saying that I got that impression from her biographies. Usually though, her biographies are more about political history than about her personally.....but I digress.

Maybe that fact that they are all seperate countries might make the job more difficult. I mean, you would have to keep up on all the different customs of your people in all of those countries. So in comparison, the fact that Japan is only one country might, in a way, make things less complicated. Japan definitly has a definitive culture. The Commonwealth has many cultures, and each seems to be important to HM QEII.......

Has my post made sense or is it excruciatingly confusing? :flowers:

~QM

QueenMaharet said:
Has my post made sense or is it excruciatingly confusing? :flowers:

~QM

Yes it does make sense and you're correct about the different cultures. In Britain there are six nations, Scots, English, Welsh, Irish, Manx and Cornish, each with their own culture and traditions. Add the other commonwealth countries to that and it is some mixture.

Iain said:
I think your post is confusing.
There are 16 sovereign nations who only have Queen Elizabeth as Head of State; there are 31 Commonwealth members who have their own Head of State and there are 6 nations who have their own monarchies and Head of State but are members of the Commonwealth. There is no nation that has the Queen as Head of State, and that is what a monarch is, and has their own monarchy. Queen Elizabeth is Head of State of 16 countries and none of these have other monarchies.
A Head of State has to deal with many things and being Head of State of one country- that is less work that being Head of State of 16 countries.
She still has Commonwealth work for the other 37 countries to deal with- work which no other monarch has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom