Who Is The Most Professional Queen?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?

• Elizabeth II

Votes: 143 43.1%
  • Margrethe II

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • Beatrix

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • Sofia

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • Sonja

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Silvia

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Paola

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Rania

Votes: 24 7.2%
  • Anne-Marie

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other, please specify in post

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia of Spain. She is in everywhere! Most of queens doesn´t travel so often or go to many duties but she does. by the way she helps lots of people with her foundation.

I voted for Queen Sofia. She does a great job in every senses!!

Sonja, the best queen of all . She was not born into this world and is doing a great job !:)

I think both Sofia and Beatrix are very professional queens.
Sofia in the role as "consort".(IMHO)
Beatrix is involved in everything from politics to opening a museum.

Ofcourse you have to separate the Queen regents and Queen consorts. but i have voted for Queen Silvia of Sweden. She is an fantastic good queen and she have really been taken to the hearts of the Swedish people, and I often think that it´s her who is the one who is born as royal and not the king beacause she is so much more professional. Ofcourse she is not as known outside of Sweden as for instance Sofia or Elisabeth beacuse of the Size and importance of Sweden, wich is not that high.

In terms of reigning queens, my first choice would be Queen Elizabeth II; however, I think highly of the other reigning queens. My reasoning for QEII being my first pick is because of the many years of devotion she has given her country and for how well she has balanced changing times with tradition and protocol. In addition, she is Queen of many countries and IMO seems to keep abreast of issues, etc. facing those countries. Also, despite the fact she may not be as down-to-earth as some other Queens, one is able to see that she is a conscientious, spiritual, and modest woman who tries to do right for her Commonwealth.

In terms of Queen Consorts, I would say Queen Sofia is my first choice (although I have no criticisms of the other Queen Consorts). Queen Sofia is hard-working and appears very supportive of her husband, her children and grandchildren. She also seems to connect really well with people and has seems to have a gentle way about her.

Margrethe II of Denmark
Elizabeth II of England

I think QE2 is just great!!

I think when King Hussein was alive Q Noor was also very professional.

I think that Queen Margrethe of Denmark is the queen of all the queens :)

So far for reigning queens Elizabeth II is winning, while for consort queens the one ahead is Sofía:)
Go Sofía:D

i think queen elizabeth is anyway great but hard to explain

and i think queen noor was a great queen - because she did so many things for jordan...and still - after so many bad rumours about her - she fights for jordan and the things she believes in and thats great!

crisiñaki said:
What I was trying to explain with my Beatles remark is that she's incredibly popular and loved in our countries (since you are Latin American as well;) ) and has made an impact in the whole world, she's more known in this side of the world than many of our political representants.

And about the bond Spain/America, the thing is Queen Sofía lives in Spain and many of our cultural roots are from there so she's more able to relate and understand us latinamericans than any other queen
Totally agree!. :)

closesttoheaven said:
i think queen elizabeth is anyway great but hard to explain

and i think queen noor was a great queen - because she did so many things for jordan...and still - after so many bad rumours about her - she fights for jordan and the things she believes in and thats great!

I too would say Queen noor as well and elizabethe , and Queen Sonja

by the way what " bad rumours about her" ??

...JuAnItA... said:
Perhaps it's a difficult choice but...

Who is the most professional Queen?

Elizabeth of England

Margrethe of Denmark

Beatrix of Netherlands

Sofia of Spain

Sonja of Norway

Silvia of Sweden

Paola of Belgium

Anne-Marie of Greece (she isn't ruling but she has the title...)

Rania of Jordan

Other
The most professional queen is HM Queen Elizabeth II of UK.

Definetly Elizabeth II. If I were her, I'll definetly go into depression after the annus horriblis, scandals plauging her family. she definetly handled herself very well the past fifty something years as Queen.

This is an absurd poll

This is an absurd poll. Sorry, not meant to offend, but it still is.

First of all the Queens who are head of state should be separated from the Queens who are not.

That means Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Beatrix and Queen Margrethe II should be compared. But even then it is very difficult because, for example, Queen Beatrix has far more influence on the state and the politics than the other two Queens. Something which is not visible in haute couture and nice jewelry but in the non-glittering administrative and legislative processes which finds place inside the palace. Danmark's Queen has zero, zero, zero influence in the politics of her country. Queen Elizabeth II is in between. Thatcherism and Blairism have done their destroying work in minimizing the Queen's polical influence (or what is left from it).

And how to measure 'professionalism'? How to measure the best managed Royal Household? How to compare the three Households of these three Queens? The one Queen is relatively quite poor (Margrethe), Queen Elizabeth is awesomely rich but the money is in 'dead' properties (arts, jewels, inventories) while Queen Beatrix has given all her vast family properties in hands of independent Trusts and Foundations and matches Queen Elizabeth in fortune, with the difference that hers is invested in stock portfolios (Royal Dutch Shell, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, etc.). How to compare these?

It is even more absurd that posters come up with Queen Noor or Queen Rania as the most professional Queen. It implies management qualities, etc. which are not there at all. Queen Rania is most likely the most irrelevant Queen as the position of women in the islamic world is absolutely different than in the west. And as if the conservative Jordanese men would ever given any attention to an American (Noor) or Palestine (Rania). Really, the posters must have been blinded by the glitz and glam and do not see their reality. The same counts for Japan, in where Empress Michiko can not do any hiccup without an approval of the Imperial House Agency ('the grey men in the grey suits').

Queen Sonja, Queen Silvia, Queen Sofía, Queen Paola, etc. have no any meaning whatsoever except for being the spouse of the head of state. They have given birth to a heir and are -for the rest- an ornament of state. That is all.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
It is even more absurd that posters come up with Queen Noor or Queen Rania as the most professional Queen. It implies management qualities, etc. which are not there at all. Queen Rania is most likely the most irrelevant Queen as the position of women in the islamic world is absolutely different than in the west.

Since several years Queen Rania is on the Forbes' list of the 100 most powerful women on earth. This year the only other royal woman listed there is Queen Elizabeth II.

Veram98 said:
Since several years Queen Rania is on the Forbes' list of the 100 most powerful women on earth. This year the only other royal woman listed there is Queen Elizabeth II.
A powerful queen is not necessary a professional queen but a professional queen is a powerful queen.

srivishnu said:
A powerful queen is not necessary a professional queen but a professional queen is a powerful queen.

You are right; I answered to somebody who said Queen Rania is a "powerless" queen. But IMO she is also a hardworking professional queen (and not only nicely dressed)

Henri M. said:
Henri, thank you for your contribution, but the poll closed in February, eight months ago, so its absurdity or relevance is a moot point.
As an aside, this is the Chit Chat sub-forum, so topics can be discussed in a less serious vein.

I think they are all very good queens!
Each of them in their own way!
The reigning Queens (Margrethe, Elizabeth, Beatrix) do a perfct job as head of state.
The other Queens do a good job as support for their husbands, the Kings!

I do not have any doubt when I say that the most professional queen and more completes is Queen Sofia of Spain.She is an example to follow : professional,sweet,natural,spontaneous,she has a lot of style and she is very near people(it´s something very important).
Queen Sofía is a very loved woman and respected anywhere in the world and she has gained it since years.

I think Queen Beatrix is most professional. She handle her staff very well. There is no real scandal. At work she had the balance between warm interaction and distance. Everybody who works with her, adores her professional style of working.

I think queen Elizabeth II and Beatrix are one of the most professional. they are doing their work really qreat and that's why I admire them.

Henri M. said:

First of all the Queens who are head of state should be separated from the Queens who are not.

That means Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Beatrix and Queen Margrethe II should be compared. But even then it is very difficult because, for example, Queen Beatrix has far more influence on the state and the politics than the other two Queens. Something which is not visible in haute couture and nice jewelry but in the non-glittering administrative and legislative processes which finds place inside the palace. Danmark's Queen has zero, zero, zero influence in the politics of her country. Queen Elizabeth II is in between. Thatcherism and Blairism have done their destroying work in minimizing the Queen's polical influence (or what is left from it).

And how to measure 'professionalism'? How to measure the best managed Royal Household? How to compare the three Households of these three Queens? The one Queen is relatively quite poor (Margrethe), Queen Elizabeth is awesomely rich but the money is in 'dead' properties (arts, jewels, inventories) while Queen Beatrix has given all her vast family properties in hands of independent Trusts and Foundations and matches Queen Elizabeth in fortune, with the difference that hers is invested in stock portfolios (Royal Dutch Shell, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, etc.). How to compare these?

It is even more absurd that posters come up with Queen Noor or Queen Rania as the most professional Queen. It implies management qualities, etc. which are not there at all. Queen Rania is most likely the most irrelevant Queen as the position of women in the islamic world is absolutely different than in the west. And as if the conservative Jordanese men would ever given any attention to an American (Noor) or Palestine (Rania). Really, the posters must have been blinded by the glitz and glam and do not see their reality. The same counts for Japan, in where Empress Michiko can not do any hiccup without an approval of the Imperial House Agency ('the grey men in the grey suits').

Queen Sonja, Queen Silvia, Queen Sofía, Queen Paola, etc. have no any meaning whatsoever except for being the spouse of the head of state. They have given birth to a heir and are -for the rest- an ornament of state. That is all.

Hear hear! I have to say I agree with most all things you said, especially with the very first sentence, for the very reasons you cited.

I did't vote, but a thought crossed my mind: all these queens have their place, and I respect most of them, for various reasons. But when I hear or read the word "Queen" the person I automatically think of is QEII. Also, I have noticed that the media most often refers to her with the simple word Queen, while with all the others, including Margarethe and Beatrix, the first name is added as an examplatory bit of sorts :flowers:

For whole generations of people, foreigners included, QEII has become something of an icon; an enigmatic figure from different time and era, from different culture and different set of values, a Queen who still represents the time when the royalty lived separated from the people. No other royal person has that kind of position anymore, and even Charles won't inherit it with the throne. She has carried herself very differently from all the other queens, but I cannot really say if that is professionalism or just different management culture. Her role work remarkably well for her, but would perhaps be a disaster for someone else.

That is an impossible question, because you would have to know how well each of them fill out their role in their society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom