Which Royals Are Good Friends?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
are there any relations between crown princes/princesses, princes/princesses, nobility members and kings/queens of friendship? do you think there are royals who are really friends of other one?

to start i would say the very close relation between mette marit and victoria and the (new) friendship between maxima and letizia. we could also see masako and mathilde chating in a very informal and friendly environment.
about princes haakon and frederik seem to be very close and good friends and felipe and his cousins (luis alfonso de borbon, for example) too.

I know that Queen Elizabeth II is very good friends with Queen Sonja of Norway.

Prince Charles is close to King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa of Spain he and the late Princess of Wales along with William and Harry used to vaction with the Spanish King and Queen often. Queen Elizabeth II is also friends with the King of Spain.

The Queens of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are all good friends as well.

I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can't remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I'll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting ;)

King Juan Carlos is a very good friend of Queen Beatrix. Queen Sofia is very close to her sister, Princess Irene of Greece

CP Felipe is a very good friend of CP Victoria and Prince Nikolas (they are cousins) ;)

Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too! They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima's house after a dinner there.

Originally posted by timtonruben359@Jun 4th, 2004 - 1:43 pm

Prince Charles is close to King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa of Spain he and the late Princess of Wales along with William and Harry used to vaction with the Spanish King and Queen often. Queen Elizabeth II is also friends with the King of Spain.

that's true! there is a photo of juan carlos hugging harry when they went to palma de mayorca for holiday when he was very little. also there were (nearly all) the spanish royal family with charles, diana, william and harry...

I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can't remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I'll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting ;)

maybe because she is now the most powerful and the richer queen of all europe (title which elizabeth had a few years ago) :p

Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too! They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima's house after a dinner there.

aww! i would really like to see that photo of clever maxima and sweet mathilde toghether!!

really? :huh: they don't seem to have compatible characthers... :p

If I may because two royals are seen conversating doesn't mean they are good friends. :flower:

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm

According to several biographies I have read, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja are indeed very close friends. Several staffmembers say that when Queen Elizabeth and Queen Sonja are talking on the phone together they are not to interupt them unless it's a life and death emergency.

Prince Charles been friends with Crown Prince Phillipe of Belgium someone said that!

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by timtonruben359+Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timtonruben359 @ Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm

According to several biographies I have read, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja are indeed very close friends. Several staffmembers say that when Queen Elizabeth and Queen Sonja are talking on the phone together they are not to interupt them unless it's a life and death emergency. [/b][/quote]
O, no. This is not good. Grand Duchess Denise Niemand von Nergens-Ingenstans will have to break off her friendship with QEII since she is friends with the enemy. This is not good. She is running out of friends. :innocent:

Prince Philippe of Belgium is good friends with crowprince Naruhito of Japan. Philippe and Mathilde are also very close to the RF of Luxemburg, and the archdukes of Austria.

The Spanish Royal Family, and the Greek Royal Family seem quite close. I know that they are related, but they choose to spend time together. They holiday together every summer.

In particular, Felipe and Nikolaos seem quite close. Nik also seems close to his cousin, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

I've also seen Nik with Crown Princess Victoria quite a bit. I hear that they used to date, I don't know if that is true.

I think Alexia sees the Infantas quite a bit, especially Christina.

I've also heard that Pavlos and MC are friends with Lady Helen & Tim Taylor.

hmz...i heard that Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Frederick of Denmark were best friends

Originally posted by yvr girl@Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:31 pm
I think Alexia sees the Infantas quite a bit, especially Christina.
Yes. They both enjoy sailing.

The Royal Belgium family is a good friend of the Netherlands . Filip and Mathilde are good friends of Alex and Maxima , they have privat dinners in Den Haag of Brussel , When Princess Amalia was born , Filip and Mathilde visited the newborn princess with their children Elisabeth and Gabriel. And of course have ALbert and Beatrix a close band .They calling all lot , told a good friend of the king . B) The Royal family of BElgium has also a close band with the family of Spain . Queen Fabiola is from Spain . But Filip and Mathilde have also a close band with CP Felipe en Infante Christina .Elisabeth's first summer have they spend in Spain .For a week the where with the Spanisch family. Queen Sofia is also a good friend of Paola , when they are together they talk a lot of their children and grandchildren.
They are so cute!!! :heart: :winkiss: :wub:

i think that all the benelux royals are quite connected. they are tiny places, and they share nearly all the same languages. maxima and mathilde seem to have similar characters (to the point of wearing nearly the same outfits! :p ) and also beatrix and fabiola were seen many times talking. and also luxembourg and belgic seem to have a close relation...

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:50 am
i think that all the benelux royals are quite connected. they are tiny places, and they share nearly all the same languages. maxima and mathilde seem to have similar characters (to the point of wearing nearly the same outfits! :p ) and also beatrix and fabiola were seen many times talking. and also luxembourg and belgic seem to have a close relation...
Actually I think Máxima and Mathilde have very different caracters.

The Belgian and Luxemburg royals are so closely connected because they are very close family.

I wouldn´t say that the belgian en dutch royal family speak the same language. The dutch of the belgian royal family is realy bad. An axample: Maxima speaks better dutch than all the members of the belgian royal family together. Mathilde did improve her dutch since she married filip, but paola, claire, astrid (I don´t about her kids) and fabiola are the worst!!!

what about maxima's dutch? is she improving?

Maxima has still a Spanish accent when she's speaking deutch. Mathilde speaks now very wel deutch , You don't hear anywmore her french accent . Astrid is doing well . But Claire and Paola still have to learn a lot B)

Originally posted by ienxl@Jun 6th, 2004 - 7:42 am
I wouldn´t say that the belgian en dutch royal family speak the same language. The dutch of the belgian royal family is realy bad. An axample: Maxima speaks better dutch than all the members of the belgian royal family together. Mathilde did improve her dutch since she married filip, but paola, claire, astrid (I don´t about her kids) and fabiola are the worst!!!
That's absolutely not true!!

Máxima still makes mistakes (mathilde doesn't), and she has an accent, but it's a different one from Mathilde's. Maybe because Mathilde has a French accent, the Flemish are ultra sensitive about it??

Astrid does have a very hard accent, and Paola' Dutch is nearly inexistent, that's a real disgrace.

But Albert, Philippe and Astrid's children are perfectly bilingual without any accent.

I can't tell about Claire, I've never heard her say anything.

Anyway, maybe this is more a topic for the Belgian section, if you want to continue this discussion, it's perhaps better to do it there...

Your right . And I think also that there is a different anyway , because Mahtilde speaks French ,Maxima Spanish .But the best thing is that they realy want to speak Deutch! :rolleyes:

Princess Maxima and Princess Mathilde excellence friends

Maxima doens't make mistakes anymore in speaking Dutch.

Mathilde does, I notice sometimes on TV

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 7th, 2004 - 10:27 am
Maxima doens't make mistakes anymore in speaking Dutch.

Mathilde does, I notice sometimes on TV
When I watch tv, I notice it exactly the other way around :)

Oh well this discussion could go on forever. Both ladies speak it nearly perfectly, I think we can agree on that one :p

They both are doing their best, basta! ;-) Philippe & Mathilde are close friends with Archduke Simeon of Austria and his wife Princess Maria of Bourbon-Two-Sicilies. Queen Beatrix is said to be extremely close friends with King Juan-Carlos of Spain. I don t know where one gets the story that QEII dislikes her dutch collegue. Queen Beatrix pays various private visits to the british Queen (one during the summer Diana died, at Balmoral) & Queen Beatrix was given the seat of honour during the funeral service of the queen-mother. I believe the late Prince Claus was friends with Prince Richard of Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg (husband of the danish princess Benedikte) and as Prince Willem-Alexander asks CP Victoria as a godmother for his child I presume they are friends as well.

I have a book about H.M. Queen Elizabeth II. It is called Queen Elizabeth II, A Celebration of Her Majesty's Fifty-Year Reign. It is by Tim Graham. It is loaded with Pictures and talks about how close Elizabeth and Sonja of Norway are. Also how Elizabeth and Juan Carlos I of Spain are good friends. It also talks about how H.M. King Constantine (former King of Greece) and Prince William are close friends. Click here and then on the book to take a look inside.

I read in Queen Noor's book that she and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece are good friends. In fact, it was at Anne-Marie's home in England at which Queen Noor began to suffer her miscarriage. And it was King Constantine that phoned the absent King Hussein.

I know that QEII and King Hussein were quite close. Probably because they came to the throne around the same time although Hussein was considerably younger than HM.

The Queen & the Maktoum brothers also share much in common, given their love of horse racing.

Back
Top Bottom